Ohio Class

Non-Tulane News Discussion-
Anything that doesn't belong on any Tulane forum sans Religious or Political discussion or debate
doncecco
President's Circle

Ohio Class

Unread post by doncecco »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/attack-just- ... 00435.html

So TUPF, did you serve on one of these?

Interesting read, although I suspect way over-simplified.
Bring home da Wave!
windywave
Emerald Circle

Re: Ohio Class

Unread post by windywave »

Pretty sure TUPF was a boomer hunter
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Unread post by TUPF »

Windy is correct. Fast attacks only for me.

Two totally different missions, fast attacks (SSNs) and fleet ballistic missile submarines, or boomers (SSBNs). One Ohio Class boomer carries more destructive power than all the ordnance used in all wars ever fought combined. They silently patrol all the time in vast areas of the oceans equipped with Poseidon D-5 missiles that can hit any target anywhere.

Fast attacks are the nuclear powered versions of the hunter killer boats you may remember from old movies. They also are aggressive intelligence gatherers. Take a look at the Blind Man’s Bluff documentary on YouTube.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
windywave
Emerald Circle

TUPF wrote:Windy is correct. Fast attacks only for me.

Two totally different missions, fast attacks (SSNs) and fleet ballistic missile submarines, or boomers (SSBNs). One Ohio Class boomer carries more destructive power than all the ordnance used in all wars ever fought combined. They silently patrol all the time in vast areas of the oceans equipped with Poseidon D-5 missiles that can hit any target anywhere.

Fast attacks are the nuclear powered versions of the hunter killer boats you may remember from old movies. They also are aggressive intelligence gatherers. Take a look at the Blind Man’s Bluff documentary on YouTube.
Book was better
#cousins don't count
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Unread post by TUPF »

windywave wrote:

Book was better
Twas, but people have a short attention span. 8) You probably know that Chris Drew, a Tulane classmate, was one of the authors. He asked me stuff, and I gave him the standard SSN reply: I don’t know, I wasn’t there, and I have no such knowledge of any operation.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
windywave
Emerald Circle

TUPF wrote:
windywave wrote:

Book was better
Twas, but people have a short attention span. 8) You probably know that Chris Drew, a Tulane classmate, was one of the authors. He asked me stuff, and I gave him the standard SSN reply: I don’t know, I wasn’t there, and I have no such knowledge of any operation.
Did not know... will reread for SSN info and assign all to you
#cousins don't count
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Unread post by gerryb323 »

I got that book from my local library like 4 years ago after hearing you talk about it, TUPF. Good stuff!
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
windywave
Emerald Circle

gerryb323 wrote:I got that book from my local library like 4 years ago after hearing you talk about it, TUPF. Good stuff!
Da frick? I asked him about it first
#cousins don't count
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Unread post by gerryb323 »

windywave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:I got that book from my local library like 4 years ago after hearing you talk about it, TUPF. Good stuff!
Da frick? I asked him about it first
Ok, hearing you both talk about it. I guess it resonated more that he was involved in the conversation since he was the sub guy? Sorry bud :)
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone