To all of those up in the New York Metro area

Non-Tulane News Discussion-
Anything that doesn't belong on any Tulane forum sans Religious or Political discussion or debate
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

To all of those up in the New York Metro area

Post by AO Sig »

I thought I would share with you a couple of events next weekend up in New York that I find myself involved with.

Friday night my son and daughter will be part of a concert at Carnegie Hall, performing with Irish Tenor Emmett Cahill, a member of the Celtic group "Celtic Thunder." It is his Carnegie debut, so it ought to be a very special show. If you have nothing to do, and enjoy Irish music (the day before St. Patrick's day), come on by; I will certainly be there!

Saturday the Dobyns Bennett band (along with the orchestra, who will be carrying flags from all 50 states) will be marching in the St. Patrick's day parade. As one of the two physicians for the band, I will be at the rear (in a maroon jacket). If you happen to be on 5th avenue, give me a cheer!
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Re: To all of those up in the New York Metro area

Post by TUPF »

Enjoy, AO. Carnegie Hall is always special!
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Post by AO Sig »

We have Carnegie all day, which means we get to set stuff up Friday am, have some rehearsal with Emmett Friday afternoon. If Elena happens to be in town, tell her to stick her head in and give some support to a group of high schoolers from Tennessee (and to say hi to me).
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

AO Sig wrote:We have Carnegie all day, which means we get to set stuff up Friday am, have some rehearsal with Emmett Friday afternoon. If Elena happens to be in town, tell her to stick her head in and give some support to a group of high schoolers from Tennessee (and to say hi to me).
Have a great time. Unfortunately Elena is full up these days. Just finished a gig in Sweden today, flies back to the States Tuesday for something at Wolf Trap next weekend, then back to London right afterwards.

Do you have Stern Hall, the big one at Carnegie? That place always gives me goosebumps.
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Post by AO Sig »

Not sure. Will give a report next weekend
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

AO Sig wrote:Not sure. Will give a report next weekend
Stern Hall, the big one, is the one you see in movies. Elena has soloed there at least six times and never tires of it. She says she feels the electricity of all the greats who have played there before.

Looks like yours will share the same stage!

https://www.carnegiehall.org/calendar/2 ... ion-0700pm
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Post by AO Sig »

Got to listen to the rehearsal this afternoon. The acoustics are simply amazing. Looking out from stage is incredible. So looking forward to the concert. TUPF I understand why Elena is blown away when she performs here!