Roofer Takes Back Roof

Non-Tulane News Discussion-
Anything that doesn't belong on any Tulane forum sans Religious or Political discussion or debate
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Re: Roofer Takes Back Roof

Post by ml wave »

PeteRasche wrote:
ml wave wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:
ml wave wrote:
Roller wrote:I once had a construction inspector who worked for me, but who did masonry work on the side. Whenever he built a chimney, he secretly mortared in a pane of glass across the chimney about halfway up, because he said that although his agreements were that payment was due when the job was complete, more than half the time people tried to delay payment, sometimes as long as several months. When they paid, he would drop a brick down the chimney to break the glass and allow the smoke to go out. Otherwise, they would call him to complain about smoke backing up into the house, to which he would reply that he could fix it quickly, once they paid him.
What happens to the plummeting brick when it reaches bottom? Shatters? Would it not dent up the fireplace?
Maybe the guy was a genius and thought of a way to fix that like setting a cardboard box in the fireplace before he climbed up and dropped the brick.
Hmmm...does he set up this genius cardboard box on top of the (still hot?) embers/logs? Or clean all that up first I guess? Seems like a lot of work for a genius. What happens if the dropped brick doesn't drop straight down and instead starts bouncing off the inside walls? Does the genius cardboard box extend all the way up the chimney?
Yeah, you really don't have much experience with chimneys.
I really don't!
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Re: Roofer Takes Back Roof

Post by WaveProf »

Yet again, TUPF is a mensch
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16