Shaming an LSU alum

Non-Tulane News Discussion-
Anything that doesn't belong on any Tulane forum sans Religious or Political discussion or debate
windywave
Emerald Circle

Shaming an LSU alum

Post by windywave »

So today is one of those days that living in Chicago is great. Mrs. Windy and I went on a 7 mile walk up and back on the lake front path. There are two festivals going on in Grant Park, soccer game this weekend, and a music festival at Northerly Island plus tourists and just beautiful out i.e. there are a LOT of people walking around. As we are crossing a major street with an island in the middle some jerkoff in a BMW tries to make a yellow light and fails thereby blocking the crosswalk in the major street. (It happens, part of life in the big city, annoying but whatevs). I see he has an LSU Medical sticker on his car and something snapped, so I start doing a polite golf clap as we walk around his car (he looked ashamed) to climb over the island to get back into the crosswalk on the other side. There were 30 people behind me (some had been drinking at the aforementioned festivities) and I glanced back because it was a tad rowdy and most joined in the shaming by clapping and some with a tad more abuse (although I don't think they know why I did it).
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Re: Shaming an LSU alum

Post by TUPF »

Understand.

The Mrs. and I were talking just the other day about said BMW drivers. Without fail, in our limited experience, they are jerks. They are a living breathing Narcissistic Personality Disorder: weaving in and out of traffic, cutting people off, no signals, running red lights. Every Beamer driver I encounter is a male in his 30s or 40s wearing wraparound sunglasses talking on a cellphone while driving within inches of other cars or barely missing city pedestrians. Which is first...BMW drivers as @holes by fiat, or the sort of me-first, testosterone red lining d!ckhead who chooses to buy and drive beamers because they are who they are?

Honestly, I see a Beamer in traffic in Philly and I expect a road rage incident in the making.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

+1 to everything TUPF said, in my experience here. Same types, same behavior.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

Guys this is about LSU alums not BMW drivers.
#cousins don't count
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

windywave wrote:Guys this is about LSU alums not BMW drivers.
When those two Venn diagrams intersect, it's a wondrous combination. Wanna bet it's leased?
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

TUPF wrote:Understand.

The Mrs. and I were talking just the other day about said BMW drivers. Without fail, in our limited experience, they are jerks. They are a living breathing Narcissistic Personality Disorder: weaving in and out of traffic, cutting people off, no signals, running red lights. Every Beamer driver I encounter is a male in his 30s or 40s wearing wraparound sunglasses talking on a cellphone while driving within inches of other cars or barely missing city pedestrians. Which is first...BMW drivers as @holes by fiat, or the sort of me-first, testosterone red lining d!ckhead who chooses to buy and drive beamers because they are who they are?

Honestly, I see a Beamer in traffic in Philly and I expect a road rage incident in the making.
we own 2 X5s... consider yourself c0ck punched the next time I see you.. which will be the first time I see you, but that's beside the point.
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

Johnny Mac wrote:

we own 2 X5s... consider yourself c0ck punched the next time I see you.. which will be the first time I see you, but that's beside the point.
So doing the douche move of a c0ck punch instead of one to the jaw? Typical BMW owner.
#cousins don't count
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

Johnny Mac wrote:

If the shoe fits... :green wink:
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

For your reading entertainment. Apparently leading scientists and humane society officials consider having real tigers attend LSU football games is cruelty to animals. You can't make this stuff up.

http://theadvocate.com/news/16148023-93 ... ke-vi-dies

If you wonder why the Advocate gave this massive above the fold page 1 exposure just read its expose therein about how Mike II was not one but two cats.
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

TUPF wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:

seriously, though.. you're talking about PHILLY and Jersey (I'm guessing) BMW owners who are colossal d bags no matter what car they own.. you shouldn't lump all BMW owners in with Philly and NJ drivers
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

windywave wrote:So doing the douche move of a c0ck punch instead of one to the jaw? Typical BMW owner.
this coming from a guy who was apparently whimpering in a corner after half a day on Mass highways
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Johnny Mac wrote:

Boy, you sure did a lot to break the stereotype with THAT post. :lol:

I would have exempted BMW SUV's from my opinion (in general, SUV owners aren't that way), but your post... Wow. Surely you had to realize what you were doing there...
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

Johnny Mac wrote:
TUPF wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:

seriously, though.. you're talking about PHILLY and Jersey (I'm guessing) BMW owners who are colossal d bags no matter what car they own.. you shouldn't lump all BMW owners in with Philly and NJ drivers
For the most part, yes but my range really extends from Philly as a base, up to my daughter's apartment in Manhattan and down to my retirement home in Ocean City, MD. I have driven about 20,000 miles a year between those places for about 10 years running so I have lots of data points. My wife walks to work in Center City Philly every day, 3 miles round trip, and has been almost hit in crosswalks twice, both times by Beamer males. In fact, the second time she yelled at Mr. Wraparound Sunglasses, and he flipped her off. If I had been there the guy would have lost his teeth. I have seen the same weaving 90 MPH BMW Le Mans impersonations in Delaware, Philly, South Jersey, and of course, I-95. The real peaches are Beamers with NY state plates sitting on your tail at 80 MPH. So yes, Philly dbags are going to be dbags in a Taurus, but my database is large. Sounds like you hold down the fort of good neighborly open road behavior where you are, but it sounds like others not living in the Northeast have experienced the same as I have. It's hard to shed an Ugly American type image when some guys keep piling it on.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

Johnny Mac wrote:
windywave wrote:So doing the douche move of a c0ck punch instead of one to the jaw? Typical BMW owner.
this coming from a guy who was apparently whimpering in a corner after half a day on Mass highways
Whimpering? It was more stupefied that Darwin has not culled 80% of the population of the New England. Also what does that have to do with your douchebaggery of punching low? Really not helping the BMW image here kiddo.
#cousins don't count
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

PeteRasche wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:

Boy, you sure did a lot to break the stereotype with THAT post.
do I need to include a "connect the dots" with all of my posts from now on? Pete... I thought after all this time you "got" me... hell, even prof "gets" me when I bust balls or insert sarcasm into a thread... I am disappoint, Pete
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

TUPF wrote:seriously, though.. you're talking about PHILLY and Jersey (I'm guessing) BMW owners who are colossal d bags no matter what car they own.. you shouldn't lump all BMW owners in with Philly and NJ drivers. For the most part, yes but my range really extends from Philly as a base, up to my daughter's apartment in Manhattan and down to my retirement home in Ocean City, MD. I have driven about 20,000 miles a year between those places for about 10 years running so I have lots of data points. My wife walks to work in Center City Philly every day, 3 miles round trip, and has been almost hit in crosswalks twice, both times by Beamer males. In fact, the second time she yelled at Mr. Wraparound Sunglasses, and he flipped her off. If I had been there the guy would have lost his teeth. I have seen the same weaving 90 MPH BMW Le Mans impersonations in Delaware, Philly, South Jersey, and of course, I-95. The real peaches are Beamers with NY state plates sitting on your tail at 80 MPH. So yes, Philly dbags are going to be dbags in a Taurus, but my database is large. Sounds like you hold down the fort of good neighborly open road behavior where you are, but it sounds like others not living in the Northeast have experienced the same as I have. It's hard to shed an Ugly American type image when some guys keep piling it on.
you've completely proven the point that it's not just BMW owners... it's NE drivers, period.. and that ties into the ball busting I've done to windy when he whined to me about the incomprehensible driving by Mass drivers... anything North of DC and you're going to get that kind of driving.. and I have to tell you, dealing with the NY/NJ/PA douchebaggery is FAR PREFERABLE to dealing with the FKING NUTBAG Hispanics in Miami. Driving on US 1 is a rolling self defense course. If you don't have 11 eyes, a slinky for a neck and ESP, you're gonna die.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

I'm not in the northeast and neither is windy, and we've seen the same behavior in BMW drivers (at least sedan or sports car drivers). Just sayin'.

As a broad summation of my experience: you are in a long line of traffic that is creeping along, with a lane on your right that is ending/merging into your lane, and you see a car flying up the right lane at about 60 mph, only to jam on the brakes and squeeze in at the last second between two cars in such a manner that the car he cut in front of has to brake so hard that someone behind can't stop and has a fender bender, while the guy who cut in drives off oblivious... Most of the time the car that cut in is a BMW.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

Johnny Mac wrote:
TUPF wrote:seriously, though.. you're talking about PHILLY and Jersey (I'm guessing) BMW owners who are colossal d bags no matter what car they own.. you shouldn't lump all BMW owners in with Philly and NJ drivers. For the most part, yes but my range really extends from Philly as a base, up to my daughter's apartment in Manhattan and down to my retirement home in Ocean City, MD. I have driven about 20,000 miles a year between those places for about 10 years running so I have lots of data points. My wife walks to work in Center City Philly every day, 3 miles round trip, and has been almost hit in crosswalks twice, both times by Beamer males. In fact, the second time she yelled at Mr. Wraparound Sunglasses, and he flipped her off. If I had been there the guy would have lost his teeth. I have seen the same weaving 90 MPH BMW Le Mans impersonations in Delaware, Philly, South Jersey, and of course, I-95. The real peaches are Beamers with NY state plates sitting on your tail at 80 MPH. So yes, Philly dbags are going to be dbags in a Taurus, but my database is large. Sounds like you hold down the fort of good neighborly open road behavior where you are, but it sounds like others not living in the Northeast have experienced the same as I have. It's hard to shed an Ugly American type image when some guys keep piling it on.
you've completely proven the point that it's not just BMW owners... it's NE drivers, period.. and that ties into the ball busting I've done to windy when he whined to me about the incomprehensible driving by Mass drivers... anything North of DC and you're going to get that kind of driving.. and I have to tell you, dealing with the NY/NJ/PA douchebaggery is FAR PREFERABLE to dealing with the FKING NUTBAG Hispanics in Miami. Driving on US 1 is a rolling self defense course. If you don't have 11 eyes, a slinky for a neck and ESP, you're gonna die.
Bitching about Massachusetts holes and their inability to drive and/or use crosswalks is not whining. ...
#cousins don't count
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Post by GretnaGrn »

PeteRasche wrote:I'm not in the northeast and neither is windy, and we've seen the same behavior in BMW drivers (at least sedan or sports car drivers). Just sayin'.

As a broad summation of my experience: you are in a long line of traffic that is creeping along, with a lane on your right that is ending/merging into your lane, and you see a car flying up the right lane at about 60 mph, only to jam on the brakes and squeeze in at the last second between two cars in such a manner that the car he cut in front of has to brake so hard that someone behind can't stop and has a fender bender, while the guy who cut in drives off oblivious... Most of the time the car that cut in is a BMW.
Moscow has the worst drivers in the world by a huge margin; it's a miracle anyone there survives their morning commute (tunnels are provided to give pedestrians a sporting chance, if that gives you an idea). Even there, BMW drivers are the worst of the bunch.... :angel:
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

Since we're going international, Manila is hands down the worst when it comes to drivers and driving. Believe it was recently rated as the worst.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

Johnny Mac wrote:and I have to tell you, dealing with the NY/NJ/PA douchebaggery is FAR PREFERABLE to dealing with the FKING NUTBAG Hispanics in Miami.
Ooh, this should be interesting...
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

You should have just pointed to the lsu sticker and announced to everyone "It's ok. He's handicapped" :mrgreen:
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

waverider wrote:You should have just pointed to the lsu sticker and announced to everyone "It's ok. He's handicapped" :mrgreen:
Lol
#cousins don't count
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

BTW Lexus drivers are worse than BMW. ...
#cousins don't count
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Post by AO Sig »

I have to add a story about the Lexus comment. When I was a resident in Knoxvillle I had a VERY arrogant attending who tried to one up everyone. When he learned I went to Tulane he let me know he had spent time in NOLA, and tried to impress me with his brilliance about the town.

One day we were going to a lunch conference, and he quickly offered me a ride. He spent the first five minutes boasting about his Lexus we were riding in.

While riding he pulls out a cassette (ok,it dates me a bit) and pops it in the player. After about 5 seconds I comment "hey, that sounds like Banu!" I then mentioned that I used to listen to Banu Gibson at Tulane and knew her husband. He popped out the cassette and turned pale when he saw it was her.

He went back to his favorite subject,himself and his car.
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?