Hurricane stuff -

Non-Tulane News Discussion-
Anything that doesn't belong on any Tulane forum sans Religious or Political discussion or debate
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Re: Hurricane stuff -

Unread post by GretnaGrn »

Cheerleader wrote:
sr wrote:One of my favorite areas on the Florida Panhandle is the area around Hwy 30A (between Destin & Panama City) which is going to get hit hard. It will be a bit West of the eye, but with those winds - not good.
Don't worry, SR, I live there and stayed here during the storm. Luckily for us, it went further east than they anticipated. All we got was a day of rain and winds that may have gusted to 50 mph. We didn't even lose our power. We were spared, but Panama City, Mexico Beach and Apalachicola got hammered. You are right, this is a beautiful place and we are lucky to live here.
Glad you made it through ok; the folks who got hammered got hit hard it looks like.
sr
Regent's Circle

Re: Hurricane stuff -

Unread post by sr »

Cheerleader wrote:
sr wrote:One of my favorite areas on the Florida Panhandle is the area around Hwy 30A (between Destin & Panama City) which is going to get hit hard. It will be a bit West of the eye, but with those winds - not good.
Don't worry, SR, I live there and stayed here during the storm. Luckily for us, it went further east than they anticipated. All we got was a day of rain and winds that may have gusted to 50 mph. We didn't even lose our power. We were spared, but Panama City, Mexico Beach and Apalachicola got hammered. You are right, this is a beautiful place and we are lucky to live here.
Thanks for the update on Hwy 30A, Cheerleader. So the 'Seeing Red' wine festival should be a go. Not going this year, but have in the past. Just a great event and time always.