Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:37 pm 
Regent's Circle

looks like you're going to have to report your shenanigans to local law enforcement, soon:

https://www.mdjonline.com/neighbor_news ... b5407.html

I love the ingenuity of this political troll by the ladies in the GA General Assembly, and more than just the reporting of any expulsion of baby batter. The mandatory waiting period for sex shop purchases was particularly clever... now guys will have to wait a couple of days before they can complete their purchases of "Clamlappers: Volumes 1 - 90". Of course, that waiting period opens up a great marketing opportunity for a company like Pr0nhub dot com. I have already envisioned the Buckhead billboards: "There's no 3 day waiting period on Pr0nhub! We offer instant gratification! (Don't feel bad, it's actually a common problem)

I do have questions though about the reporting of the sploosh law, though.. like, do you have to report where it landed and by what means it was extracted?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:13 pm 
Emerald Circle

Somebody took Elle Woods seriously. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:50 pm 
President's Circle

TUPF wrote:

A new first for Yogwf. A Legally Blonde reference. :?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:04 pm 
Emerald Circle

Poseidon wrote:
TUPF wrote:
I’m embarrassed that we both snapped to it! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:11 pm 
President's Circle

TUPF wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
TUPF wrote:

My wife is my excuse to knowledge of it. What's yours?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:10 pm 
Regent's Circle

I had to Google it

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:22 pm 
Emerald Circle

Poseidon wrote:
TUPF wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
TUPF wrote:

Elle Woods’ application video.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:36 pm 
President's Circle

TUPF wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
TUPF wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
TUPF wrote:

Elle Woods’ application video.

Well played sir.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:13 pm 
Regent's Circle

I guess I'm boring and ugly and serious, but what did I miss that related to Legally Blonde?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:05 am 
Emerald Circle

gerryb323 wrote:
I guess I'm boring and ugly and serious, but what did I miss that related to Legally Blonde?

The name of the titular character?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:10 am 
Emerald Circle

gerryb323 wrote:
Ditzy (but not) Harvard first year law student Elle Woods (Reese Witherspoon) gets into a class discussion regarding subject directly related to the OP. Poseidon’s question also reminded me that Elle Woods made quite the interesting application video to Harvard shot in a hot tub.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:18 am 
Regent's Circle

TUPF wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
Ditzy (but not) Harvard first year law student Elle Woods (Reese Witherspoon) gets into a class discussion regarding subject directly related to the OP. Poseidon’s question also reminded me that Elle Woods made quite the interesting application video to Harvard shot in a hot tub.

Ah ok. I thought we were saying her admission video related to the conversation. Just to be sure, I watched it 3 times on youtube

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:31 am 
Regent's Circle

gerryb323 wrote:
TUPF wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:

Ah ok. I thought we were saying her admission video related to the conversation. Just to be sure, I watched it 3 times on youtube

and the question is, if you are over 55 and in Georgia, would you need to be reporting any "expulsions" to law enforcement?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:55 am 
Regent's Circle

Johnny Mac wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
TUPF wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:

and the question is, if you are over 55 and in Georgia, would you need to be reporting any "expulsions" to law enforcement?

I was thinking it was you who would catch that. More people know Legally Blonde than Dirty Work, apparently

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:33 am 
Regent's Circle

gerryb323 wrote:
I was thinking it was you who would catch that. More people know Legally Blonde than Dirty Work, apparently

I had a hilariously intense conversation about this bill with my buddy yesterday and he came up with an idea for an app where men could self report their "deposits" and we'd call it "Spooge reporter"... last night he texted me during the 10PM news on the CW affiliate here, "have you finished designing that app yet, I'm watching WCCB news".. which was code for "Morgan Fogarty is wearing something tight and sexy and I need to self report"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:21 am 
President's Circle

I will spare everyone the angst and not comment on the political aspects of this one as best I can. This is about the silliest use of taxpayer dollars (i.e. legislative time) ever created, and that is a very high bar. Proof positive that government legislates to make all of us law breakers in one form or another. Forget the reason for the proposed legislation, the logic doesn't even translate.

If it passes, I guess I'll have to move to "God's waiting room"- Florida, for all the happy endings going on down there. Just ask Robert Kraft.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:35 am 
Regent's Circle

Rotorooter wrote:
I will spare everyone the angst and not comment on the political aspects of this one as best I can. This is about the silliest use of taxpayer dollars (i.e. legislative time) ever created, and that is a very high bar. Proof positive that government legislates to make all of us law breakers in one form or another. Forget the reason for the proposed legislation, the logic doesn't even translate.

If it passes, I guess I'll have to move to "God's waiting room"- Florida, for all the happy endings going on down there. Just ask Robert Kraft.

don't put your house on the market yet, a buddy and I will have you covered.. we are going to start a fake ID program... it will have a lifetime membership fee which will provide you with a new ID every year, stating you are 54.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:04 pm 
Regent's Circle

Johnny Mac wrote:
Rotorooter wrote:

don't put your house on the market yet, a buddy and I will have you covered.. we are going to start a fake ID program... it will have a lifetime membership fee which will provide you with a new ID every year, stating you are 54.

Or you could just go the route of petitioning the court to legally change your age to your mental age

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:55 am 
Regent's Circle

gerryb323 wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
Rotorooter wrote:

Or you could just go the route of petitioning the court to legally change your age to your mental age

but then I won't be able to drink, legally

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:13 am 
Regent's Circle

Johnny Mac wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
Rotorooter wrote:

but then I won't be able to drink, legally

Quite a conundrum

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:43 am 
Emerald Circle

Heh:

"911, what's your emergency?"

I've self censored the rest.