Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:59 pm 
Emerald Circle

El Chapo’s son was arrested in Sinaloa so the Sinaloa Cartel decided to go to war killing enough police and military to force them to release the son. I’m not going to post links here but there are videos on twitter of Cartel members with grenade launchers and 50 gauge Browning M2s going to fight the military and police. Another video shows them overtaking a toll booth and the military eventually shaking their hands. There’s even a video that shows a group of Mexican police with their heads blown off.

This leads me to believe the rumors that El Chapo was just a pawn to give the authorities a “feel good” arrest as it appears the Sinaloa Cartel is very much in charge.

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:08 pm 
Emerald Circle

Stories like this make me think about all those "woke" folks on social media who like to tell everyone what a horrible country the USA is.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:19 am 
Breaker Level

This is not new. Read Don Winslow’s “Cartel” trilogy for a well-written fictionalized account.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:00 am 
Regent's Circle

I lived in Guadalajara for three years; while I was there the DEA attache stationed at the consulate was abducted (along with his driver/bodyguard), tortured for 4 weeks and murdered. At the time this happened his replacement had just arrived, along with his family (I met them at church there), so he was about to be relocated back to the states. Upon Kiki Camarena's abduction the family was placed under heavy guard at the hotel they were in until they could get a place to live.

There was an enormous house being built behind an 8 foot wall with broken glass embedded in concrete along the top that we would drive by on my way to class; when the abduction occurred all activity on the house came to an abrupt halt.

Every day I would walk about 5 blocks down the hill from my house to the post office to pick up mail; I would go by a home that always had an armed guard sitting outside, and on the rare occasion the gates to the drive were opened, I could see several others inside; never found out who lived there.

Whenever I went to the bank to get cash (no ATM's back then), I would pass several rather heavily armed guards at any branch I visited. An interesting fact about Mexico; the visibility of guns was far greater there than in the U.S. but they have a grand total of one store where firearms can be legally purchased in the entire country- in Mexico City.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:55 am 
Emerald Circle

AO Sig wrote:
An interesting fact about Mexico; the visibility of guns was far greater there than in the U.S. but they have a grand total of one store where firearms can be legally purchased in the entire country- in Mexico City.
So how did the cartel get the military-grade weaponry mentioned in rider's post? It's my understanding from social media that outlawing guns means no one would have guns and crime would go away. :angel:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:45 am 
Regent's Circle

PeteRasche wrote:
AO Sig wrote:
An interesting fact about Mexico; the visibility of guns was far greater there than in the U.S. but they have a grand total of one store where firearms can be legally purchased in the entire country- in Mexico City.
So how did the cartel get the military-grade weaponry mentioned in rider's post? It's my understanding from social media that outlawing guns means no one would have guns and crime would go away. :angel:

Way to go and get the thread locked Pete!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:32 am 
Emerald Circle

gerryb323 wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:
AO Sig wrote:

Way to go and get the thread locked Pete!

Since I can post this still, that means you're

:angel:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:27 pm 
Emerald Circle

Not a political comment, a comment against the "everyone knows better than everyone" attitude of social media. :angel: