Sid Noel, alias Morgus the Magnificent, has passed

Non-Tulane News Discussion-
Anything that doesn't belong on any Tulane forum sans Religious or Political discussion or debate
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Sid Noel, alias Morgus the Magnificent, has passed

Post by Fan Since '54 »

Most of you here more than likely do not remember him. He became a late Saturday night staple in New Orleans "doing so called experiments", (not real ones) that revolved around the supposedly scary movies. In fact I saw the first episode of the show/movie. RIP Sid.

https://www.wwltv.com/article/entertain ... cf156d983f

Fan since '54
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Re: Sid Noel, alias Morgus the Magnificent, has passed

Post by PeteRasche »

I suspect most of us do remember him.

RIP.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

Yup, he was right up there with Dr. Dimento on the local New Orleans radio in the 70s.
After you've been on fire under Arctic pack ice everything else is a walk in the park.
Roller
Cornerstone

Post by Roller »

Fan Since '54 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:17 am Most of you here more than likely do not remember him. He became a late Saturday night staple in New Orleans "doing so called experiments", (not real ones) that revolved around the supposedly scary movies. In fact I saw the first episode of the show/movie. RIP Sid.

https://www.wwltv.com/article/entertain ... cf156d983f

Fan since '54
He had a weather show that seemed to be more accurate than any of the "real" ones, including Nash Roberts.
WaveProf
Emerald Circle

Post by WaveProf »

I wouldn't assume people on here don't know. I'd wager a higher percentage of people on here know than those living in Uptown, Quarter, Marigny, Bywater---all places where almost no one has been in New Orleans more than a decade (if even that long)
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16