RIP Sean Connery

Non-Tulane News Discussion-
Anything that doesn't belong on any Tulane forum sans Religious or Political discussion or debate
OGSB
Emerald Circle

RIP Sean Connery

Post by OGSB »

The best Bond and usually made whatever film he was in better

https://www.chicagotribune.com/entertai ... story.html
Approved by Experts
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Re: RIP Sean Connery

Post by TUPF »

As a former submariner my favorite Sean Connery movie quote was...

"One ping only, Vasily. And one ping only, please."
After you've been on fire under Arctic pack ice everything else is a walk in the park.
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Post by Rotorooter »

The best Bond and an iconic actor. A sad day. RIP.
Plan your work, work your plan.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Just exuded class and style, and such an iconic voice too. He will be missed.

Although it was only a one-time thing, his turn as Dr. Henry Jones, father of "Junior" ("I named the dog Indiana!") was absolutely perfect in every way. Just showed my young son "the last crusade" last week. People always talk Bond but he was so good alongside Harrison Ford.
krewe of ham and eggs
President's Circle

Post by krewe of ham and eggs »

This news had me shaken...not stirred. RIP 007
AnY iMaGeS yOu PoRtRaY wIlL bE rEpReSeNtAtIvE oF tHe TeAm YoU sUpPoRt
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Post by AO Sig »

During the late 70's Tulane Architecture student Brian Hughes helped to bring the James Bond films to the campus; he held James Bond birthday parties, helped to instigate James Bond Marathons, even helped get George Lazenby to come to campus. Connery is still, and will always be, my favorite to play that role. He will also be remembered as Henry Jones Sr, father of Indiana Jones. I remember when he was in the Disney movie, "Darby O'Gill and the Little People." RIP
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
doncecco
President's Circle

Post by doncecco »

My favorite line ever when he wakes up in the plane with a gun pointed at his face, and hears "my name is Pu$$y, Pu$$y Galore." And his response "I must be dreaming."

Remember, this was 1964.
Bring home da Wave!
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

PeteRasche wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:53 am Just exuded class and style, and such an iconic voice too. He will be missed.

Although it was only a one-time thing, his turn as Dr. Henry Jones, father of "Junior" ("I named the dog Indiana!") was absolutely perfect in every way. Just showed my young son "the last crusade" last week. People always talk Bond but he was so good alongside Harrison Ford.
Personally felt his best role was on celebrity Jeopardy...people don't talk about that much.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

ml wave wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:56 pm
PeteRasche wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:53 am Just exuded class and style, and such an iconic voice too. He will be missed.

Personally felt his best role was on celebrity Jeopardy...people don't talk about that much.
Those sketches crossed my mind the minute I saw he'd died. I don't know if that's good or bad.
WaveProf
Emerald Circle

Post by WaveProf »

PeteRasche wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:42 pm
Those sketches crossed my mind the minute I saw he'd died. I don't know if that's good or bad.
Certainly more memorable (and better acted) than his stint as Indiana Jones's father! :angel: :angel:

He was the best Bond by a mile.

And I'm sorry he didn't live to see Scottish independence.

But he was also 90, and the death of an old man is not a tragedy (cited to Robert Altman in his last film before his death).
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

Approved by Experts
Johnny Mac
Regent's Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

I was so busy I didn't even know he had died until I saw this thread the other day

My buddy works for TNT sports and they were doing the British Open one year... Connery was playing in the pro am and the entire day, the production crew following him around wanted him to tell stories.. and he kept saying "nah, boyz... I'm jusht here to play shome golf".... at the end of the day, he finally rode up to them in a cart and said... OK.. "I got one for ya.. Petula Clark, up the bum!!!" and rode off
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest