RIP Dixie Beer

Non-Tulane News Discussion-
Anything that doesn't belong on any Tulane forum sans Religious or Political discussion or debate
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

RIP Dixie Beer

Post by AO Sig »

I saw something that reported that the name Dixie Beer will be retired, to be replaced by Fauberg beer.

I remember turning in a case of empty longnecks at the brewery, followed by a visit for a quick adult beverage across the street at Nick's. I also thought that draft Dixie tasted the best during crawfish boils. Finally, Dixie had kegs of green beer in the Rat for St. Patrick's day.

At least they chose a name honoring a part of New Orleans.
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
Roller
Cornerstone

Re: RIP Dixie Beer

Post by Roller »

A lot of folks are unaware that "Dixie" originally referred to New Orleans--not the entire South. The word came from the riverboats, where they referred to New Orleans as "Dixieland," because the 10 franc notes commonly used in New Orleans were called "dixies" ("dix" being the French word for "ten").
WaveProf
Emerald Circle

Post by WaveProf »

I have no horse in the name change except to point out the utter ridiculousness of the money, time, and energy to purchase Dixie beer and re-market it for LESS THAN TWO YEARS before deciding you have to change the name for political reasons. Like, they were barely done reintroducing Dixie Beer before they decided to change it.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

WaveProf wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:02 pm I have no horse in the name change except to point out the utter ridiculousness of the money, time, and energy to purchase Dixie beer and re-market it for LESS THAN TWO YEARS before deciding you have to change the name for political reasons. Like, they were barely done reintroducing Dixie Beer before they decided to change it.
Yeah, who were the ad wizards that came up with that one?