"Your Honor"

Non-Tulane News Discussion-
Anything that doesn't belong on any Tulane forum sans Religious or Political discussion or debate
Johnny Mac
Regent's Circle

"Your Honor"

Post by Johnny Mac »

I am sure New Orleans natives get worked up more than I do in re how Hollywood just screws up New Orleans whenever it's on TV/in a movie... first of all, Hollywood is convinced the New Orleans accent sounds like Foghorn Leghorn... but another thing that grabs me is bad continuity in regard to real life.

In Showtime's "Your Honor" I got really worked up.. as the son of Bryan Cranston's character leaves his Garden District home, travels to the West Bank on the CCC and ends up in the lower 9th... obviously the director loved the view of the skyline as he drove over the CCC... then later in the first episode, Bryan Cranston's character is doing the same thing, traveling to the West Bank with the skyline over his shoulder, to go to NOPD HQ. What also made me laugh and this might be a spoiler alert, but a kid whose dad is a New Orleans judge asked "will I get bail?" for a crime he commits and Bryan Cranston says "no." Like the kid of a New Orleans judge wouldn't be released on his own recognizance being the family member of an officer of the court.

Other than that, I like the show
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
doncecco
President's Circle

Re: "Your Honor"

Post by doncecco »

Just be thankful they don't have to explain why they are driving east to go to the West Bank. :roll:
Bring home da Wave!
waverider
Emerald Circle

Post by waverider »

I forgot that started. I was excited when the previews started. I’ll have to check it out.

Update: I just finished the first episode. You are right about every scene makes it look like you have to cross a bridge to get anywhere. Even the. Peeing scene was on a bridge over the industrial canal.
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
Johnny Mac
Regent's Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

waverider wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:12 pm I forgot that started. I was excited when the previews started. I’ll have to check it out.

Update: I just finished the first episode. You are right about every scene makes it look like you have to cross a bridge to get anywhere. Even the. Peeing scene was on a bridge over the industrial canal.
last time I was near that bridge I went under it in my friend's boat... thank God Judge Desiato wasn't taking a leak at the time

Oh, in my rant, I forgot the part where the kid went to the West Bank over the CCC and then suddenly was going under the Huey Long on his way to the lower 9th
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
doncecco
President's Circle

Post by doncecco »

Pretty sure I had a night or two in my youth when as a passenger crossing the St. Claude Bridge on the way home to Chalmette, it could have been the Huey P and I wouldn't have known the difference - so not totally far-fetched! :-D
Bring home da Wave!
waverider
Emerald Circle

Post by waverider »

Johnny Mac wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:18 pm
waverider wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:12 pm I forgot that started. I was excited when the previews started. I’ll have to check it out.

last time I was near that bridge I went under it in my friend's boat... thank God Judge Desiato wasn't taking a leak at the time

Oh, in my rant, I forgot the part where the kid went to the West Bank over the CCC and then suddenly was going under the Huey Long on his way to the lower 9th
There have been a couple scenes where can clearly see he’s on I10 East headed towards the West Bank only to end up at an East Bank location, or as you say, nowhere near the bridge at all.

I do like the show a lot as I figured I would because of Bryan Cranston.
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

waverider
Emerald Circle

Post by waverider »

There was a Tulane mention on this week’s episode (6).
Tulane Greenbackers

Roller
Cornerstone

Post by Roller »

waverider wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:59 pm There was a Tulane mention on this week’s episode (6).
Yeah. A mob boss, trying to keep his daughter from going to New York, told her she was going to go to Tulane.