Mars Perseverance landing on 18 Feb

Non-Tulane News Discussion-
Anything that doesn't belong on any Tulane forum sans Religious or Political discussion or debate
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Mars Perseverance landing on 18 Feb

Post by TUPF »

It's do or die for a successful landing at 3:48PM Eastern/2:48PM Eastern today. Very intricate procedure using a tether to drop the SUV sized rover from a hovering mother craft. Space geeked.
After you've been on fire under Arctic pack ice everything else is a walk in the park.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Re: Mars Perseverance landing on 18 Feb

Post by TUPF »

Lander down safely and transmitted first image!
After you've been on fire under Arctic pack ice everything else is a walk in the park.
waverider
Emerald Circle

Post by waverider »

They sent it out on a small mission and shared a few photos that you can Google. They are going to send it to a river delta to collect rocks and are debating on taking a smooth route or another one over rougher terrain to collect other items a long the way.

I used to wonder if it was worth the money to explore Mars until I read an article that talked about Mars having to closest environment to ours and they are studying to figure out what changes Earth may experience one day.
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

Approved by Experts