CBT to speak today at the NO QB Club

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
TPSTulane
Emerald Circle

CBT to speak today at the NO QB Club

Post by TPSTulane »

The 73rd year of the Greater New Orleans Quarterback Club debuts on Monday, August 29 at noon at the Embassy Suites Hotel, 315 Julia Street, corner of South Peters. Parking is free, valet style in the Embassy lot on Julia.

Coach Toledo is speaking on behalf of Tulane.

The lunch is always very good.
JKO was a guest speaker one week last year.

If you can please try to make it, tell Tulane friends, and bring guests. The goal is to keep this wonderful tradition going for many years to come.

Hope you can make it!
Tulane School of Business Class of 1981
Loyola MBA Class of 1988
Conference Realignment "is like changing seats on the Titanic."
bigmoneytx

Re: CBT to speak today at the NO QB Club

Post by bigmoneytx »

Bob just said he was pulling for LSU at the 13:48 mark.... :jerry:

Other than that, I thought he did a d@mn good job of reminding me about a few reasons to be optimistic/excited about the season. But come on Bob, you can't say that.... You just can't. Even if your mom was the head coach at LSU - you can't say that.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

Banquet Bob will be rooting for LSU? Whaaaaaaaa?

Edit: Big$$ beat me to it. Overall, some good stuff in there (even if he is a bit of a ham, in a good way). But rooting for LSU? Drop and give me 20 pushups Bob!!!!!

QUACK QUACK QUACK
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
bayouman
Coach Level

Post by bayouman »

I just hope Bob's still there late in the season. It'll be a good sign if he's still showing up there in mid-October, and hasn't punted it again. I would think that a CBT with a winning record at midseason would be impossible to keep away from a microphone.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

the rivalry is dead. Toledo was just being political.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
bigmoneytx

Post by bigmoneytx »

How is it political? He didn't have to bring LSU up at all. I don't see how it is political at all. I really did not care too much but thought it was funny but again - the need to even bring up LSU when Tulane already gets no air time in our own city?

I guess.

Maybe I have been reading waveprof a little too much and his personality is rubbing off on me.

Yikes :king:
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

bigmoneytx wrote:How is it political? He didn't have to bring LSU up at all. I don't see how it is political at all. I really did not care too much but thought it was funny but again - the need to even bring up LSU when Tulane already gets no air time in our own city?

I guess.

Maybe I have been reading waveprof a little too much and his personality is rubbing off on me.

Yikes :king:
:) :) :) :)

I think by political, he meant polite, since the Asst Coach was on stage.

It isn't a big deal to me either (at all). More funny than upsetting. It was just one of those moments that, as I said before, makes you go "whaaaaaaa?'

That said, rivalry or no, we don't need to be publicly supporting our primary competition for regional college sports fanship. We are far enough behind them as it is in that category.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
bigmoneytx

Post by bigmoneytx »

Little part of me would rather not have heard that coming just days away from what may very well end up being the most important seasons for the future of Green Wave Football. Good thing nobody cares since the rivalry is indeed dead and good thing Bob does not read this stuff or care what we think anyways.

My bad, I was wrong.

GEAUX TIGERS
Big EZ Wave
Emerald Circle

Post by Big EZ Wave »

I said it in another post but I'm eager to watch a 6'0" 225 lb 4.5 guy returning kicks. I'm kind of excited to find out what the 2 TB plays are going to be as well. For that matter, I'm interested to find out how our whole offense has changed too.
The Tulane University of Louisiana
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

Big EZ Wave wrote:I said it in another post but I'm eager to watch a 6'0" 225 lb 4.5 guy returning kicks. I'm kind of excited to find out what the 2 TB plays are going to be as well. For that matter, I'm interested to find out how our whole offense has changed too.
+1

He might be a wash as a KR......but he also might be a beast.

It'll be fun to watch.
jmjclu
Riptide Level

Post by jmjclu »

Did you expect him to praise the ducks?
give him a break , he was being polite
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

jmjclu wrote:Did you expect him to praise the ducks?
1.) He didn't have to say anything, it was an odd add on

2.) I don't think anyone is "seriously" giving him a hard time. I, at least, (and Big$ said the same) was just having a good laugh about it.
bigmoneytx

Post by bigmoneytx »

Dang man, I said

My bad, I was wrong.

GEAUX TIGERS

I am even going to follow his lead and cheer them on this season! Someone on here said if you are Tulane fan you better have a 2nd team you root for so why not them! Go Louisiana!

Pretty soon Greenaub will be yelling ROLL TIDE
NOwave
Head Trainer

Post by NOwave »

Do you have to buy tickets to the QB club luncheon?
TPSTulane
Emerald Circle

Post by TPSTulane »

NOwave wrote:Do you have to buy tickets to the QB club luncheon?
MEMBERSHIP IS OPEN TO ANYONE INTERESTED IN FOOTBALL AND ALL SPORTS IN GENERAL. TOPICS COVERED EACH WEEK ARE ADDRESSED BY A GUEST SPEAKER ON THE SAINTS, LSU, TULANE AND A LOCAL HIGH SCHOOL. SOME OF THE SPEAKERS THIS YEAR ARE ARCHIE MANNING, BOBBY HEBERT, RICKY JACKSON, COACH BOB TOLEDO, COACH J.T. CURTIS, OTHER FORMER AND CURRENT COACHES/ATHLETIC DIRECTORS/MEDIA FROM THE SAINTS, LSU, TULANE AND LOUISIANA HIGH SCHOOLS.

MEMBERSHIP COST IS ONLY $50 FOR THE ENTIRE FOOTBALL SEASON (16 LUNCHEONS) WHICH ALLOWS A PURCHASE OF A LUNCHEON AT THE COST OF $15 PER LUNCH.

NON-MEMBERS ARE ALWAYS WELCOMED AT A CHARGE OF $25 PER LUNCH.
Tulane School of Business Class of 1981
Loyola MBA Class of 1988
Conference Realignment "is like changing seats on the Titanic."
2006grad
Coach Level

Post by 2006grad »

A Tulane coach should never root for LSU. End of story. Did he cheer for USC while at UCLA? I'd fire him on the spot for that comment moreso than for kicking a field goal on 4th and goal from the 1.
ROLL WAVE!!!!!!!
BrettStah
Coach Level

Post by BrettStah »

2006grad wrote:A Tulane coach should never root for LSU. End of story. Did he cheer for USC while at UCLA? I'd fire him on the spot for that comment moreso than for kicking a field goal on 4th and goal from the 1.
UCLA and USC are in the same conference though. The rivalry isn't dead, just mostly dead.
"When you post, it's easier on your readers if you at least use a subject that tells something about the topic." - Roller
2006grad
Coach Level

Post by 2006grad »

Yeah, and having our HC say he's rooting for LSU isn't going to help revive it. Geaux Tigers. Barf.
ROLL WAVE!!!!!!!
Cheerleader
Coach Level

Post by Cheerleader »

I can really understand why he would say that with an LSU coach in attendance, plus all of the audience who were mostly LSU fans. He was being polite, and political and gracious. He certainly could NOT have said that he was rooting for Oregon in that situation.

Having said that, if he had sat through three 62-0 beatings by them, he would have at least been silent about it. I forgive him, he didn't have to live through that, so he doesn't have the same visceral feeling that a lot of us have. I mean, my brother played at LSU for the Chinese bandits and I cheered when Billy Cannon made his run (I was listening on the radio), but I cannot conceive of a circumstance where I would cheer for them now.
greenaub
President's Circle

Post by greenaub »

bigmoneytx wrote:
Dang man, I said

My bad, I was wrong.

GEAUX TIGERS

I am even going to follow his lead and cheer them on this season! Someone on here said if you are Tulane fan you better have a 2nd team you root for so why not them! Go Louisiana!

Pretty soon Greenaub will be yelling ROLL TIDE
Back when the USSR was still around, they had a basketball team that came and played the Tahd at the UAB arena in a double header. All of us War Eagles pulled for the commies over the Tahd!!!!
"Life is not fair, life can be very hard...but life is good"
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

when I said the rivalry was dead, I wasn't referring to my feelings. I still hate them but try and explain the nature of that rivalry to an LSU fan who wasn't around in the 70's. Try telling them that in the 70's the stadium (when in NO) was split down the middle between the fans bases; and in some cases when Tulane was doing well, we'd have a few more.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
bayouman
Coach Level

Post by bayouman »

If we were going to fire Toledo for saying dumb stuff, he'd have been gone a long time ago. On balance I prefer a guy like him who speaks freely compared to the Les Miles school of meaningless BS, but when you give Bob the microphone you're going to get some cringers here and there, and I'd rank this one way down the list.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

I haven't heard the exchange so if I have this wrong I apologize. I'm going to assume that Toledo answered a question posed to him?...."Coach who are you pulling for in the Oregon-LSU matchup this weekend?". If so what I would find insulting is not that Toledo answered the question (although he could have easily avoided it), but that it seems like Miles is never asked at one of his many press conferences: "Coach who are you pulling for in the TU-SELA matchup?" Its become like the sports media here has decided we're all Tigger fans. I'm not, never will be and I'm pulling as hard as I can for Oregon.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
bigmoneytx

Post by bigmoneytx »

No, he was not asked the question. He told Newman head coach Nelson Stewart goodluck this season or something like that and I suppose this LSU person was next to Nellie because then Bob felt the need to talk to about LSU. I don't care if he coached at UCLA. He is the Tulane coach right now. He did not need to say anything, but that is not how the old ball coach is - we all know that. He is an open book.