Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 10:48 am 
President's Circle

Read all about it at:

http://www.tulanegreenwave.com/sports/w ... 14aaa.html

The women are similar to the men in that they play two teams (Cincy and Memphis) once and all the other teams home-and-home.

I hope the men and women play UConn on back-to-back nights. If so, I have to be there. We may get killed, but I want to absorb that atmosphere!

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 12:27 pm 
Emerald Circle

MartinOKC wrote:
Read all about it at:

The women are similar to the men in that they play two teams (Cincy and Memphis) once and all the other teams home-and-home.

I hope the men and women play UConn on back-to-back nights. If so, I have to be there. We may get killed, but I want to absorb that atmosphere!

It will be very interesting to see how many Tulane students (and fans in general) turn out to see UConn's women when they come to Devlin. The women seem to have the occasional (every few years) "sell out Fogelman/Devlin" game, and get decent turnout (though, I don't believe, ever an actual sell-out). If UConn sells it out, it may be the first time the women have ever played in front of a capacity crowd at home, ever.

As for the men, I can't imagine it would be any more exciting than when we played #1 Memphis a few years ago... though they might move that game to the Arena and that sorta kills that hyped atmosphere.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 12:29 pm 
Emerald Circle

I moved this here where it will find a happier home.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 5:16 pm 
Regent's Circle

MartinOKC wrote:
Read all about it at:

In the first two years, Tulane men will play all the most "interesting" conference mates at home both seasons and the women will play all but UC or UM one year and the other the next.

Again these are potentially the best home schedules Tulane has had in decades including both defending national champions visiting Devlin next season (unless one/both are moved downtown.)

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 9:52 am 
President's Circle

In fairness to the women, I think they play a challenging OOC schedule most years. They're not afraid to schedule up and lose a few because, in the end, they can hone their skills better against good opponents than against wusses. It's close to the Rick Jones method of scheduling: 20 percent against teams you should beat, 20 percent against teams who should beat you, and 60 percent against evenly matched teams.*

*Of course, no guarantees from the management that the games will play out the way you envisioned. That's why you play to find out.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:18 pm 
Coach Level

PeteRasche wrote:
MartinOKC wrote:
Read all about it at:

It will be very interesting to see how many Tulane students (and fans in general) turn out to see UConn's women when they come to Devlin. The women seem to have the occasional (every few years) "sell out Fogelman/Devlin" game, and get decent turnout (though, I don't believe, ever an actual sell-out). If UConn sells it out, it may be the first time the women have ever played in front of a capacity crowd at home, ever.

As for the men, I can't imagine it would be any more exciting than when we played #1 Memphis a few years ago... though they might move that game to the Arena and that sorta kills that hyped atmosphere.

This game really intrigues me and will be one that I will go out of my way to attend. I grew up with a know a former UConn BBall player and I know she'll be interested in seeing the Huskies play. They no doubt will bring a good-sized following to Deviln which , if we keep up our end of things, should make for a crowd not unlike the TU-Memphis Men's game not too long ago.

Land of the Free...........................Home of the Wave!

Report this post