Shaming an LSU alum

Non-Tulane News Discussion-
Anything that doesn't belong on any Tulane forum sans Religious or Political discussion or debate
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Re: Shaming an LSU alum

Unread post by PeteRasche »

windywave wrote:BTW Lexus drivers are worse than BMW. ...
Hmmm. Around here Lexus drivers are generally elderly folks, or else wealthy late-50-something housewives. No signs of aggression or arrogance, mostly just slow drivers. If I get frustrated with them, it's typically because they are in my way. :mrgreen:

I laugh to myself when I see someone driving a late-model Lexus ES300 because I have a Toyota Avalon and it's the exact same car. Made in the same factory on the same line in Georgetown, Kentucky, just over an hour from here. The only differences are the front grille and interior console look different (and the Lexus actually has some cheaper components). But I paid about $15-$20K less than they did, because I didn't need the "prestigious Lexus label". 8)
windywave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by windywave »

I base it on the fact that while a significant portion of BMW drivers are jerkoff bad drivers who enjoy c0ck punching, the Lexus drivers are jerkoff bad drivers on their cell phones and have a tendency to almost hit me as I am walking. I don't recall in recent memory almost being hit by a BMW driver.
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Unread post by gerryb323 »

windywave wrote:I base it on the fact that while a significant portion of BMW drivers are jerkoff bad drivers who enjoy c0ck punching, the Lexus drivers are jerkoff bad drivers on their cell phones and have a tendency to almost hit me as I am walking. I don't recall in recent memory almost being hit by a BMW driver.
Only threatened to be
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
windywave
Emerald Circle

gerryb323 wrote:
windywave wrote:I base it on the fact that while a significant portion of BMW drivers are jerkoff bad drivers who enjoy c0ck punching, the Lexus drivers are jerkoff bad drivers on their cell phones and have a tendency to almost hit me as I am walking. I don't recall in recent memory almost being hit by a BMW driver.
Only threatened to be

Huh?
#cousins don't count
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Unread post by gerryb323 »

windywave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
Only threatened to be

Huh?
Were you not threatened to be hit my jmac?
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
windywave
Emerald Circle

gerryb323 wrote:
windywave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
Only threatened to be

Huh?
Nope. . . .He knows how that would turn it. . . He threatened TUPF
#cousins don't count
sr
Regent's Circle

Unread post by sr »

windywave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
windywave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
Only threatened to be

Huh?
... whatever. You and TUFP both need to be careful crossing the street - you'll never know when that X5 will be drawing a bead on you.
windywave
Emerald Circle

sr wrote:
windywave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
windywave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
Only threatened to be

Huh?
... whatever. You and TUFP both need to be careful crossing the street - you'll never know when that X5 will be drawing a bead on you.
I'll keep my eye out for an X5 in the right lane going under the speed limit with its blinker on
#cousins don't count
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Johnny Mac »

sr wrote:
windywave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
windywave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
Only threatened to be

Huh?
I said c0ck punch, not hit him with my car... why would I incur body work on my car when I can smack him in the seeds?

BTW, windy is large and starting a scrape with him would not be in my best interest UNLESS my first shot was to the marbles with excessive force... then I'd at least have a chance to escape
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
windywave
Emerald Circle

Johnny Mac wrote:
sr wrote:
windywave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
windywave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
Only threatened to be

Huh?
I said c0ck punch, not hit him with my car... why would I incur body work on my car when I can smack him in the seeds?

BTW, windy is large and starting a scrape with him would not be in my best interest UNLESS my first shot was to the marbles with excessive force... then I'd at least have a chance to escape
As I was going down I'd kick your walker away from you.
#cousins don't count
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Unread post by TUPF »

Johnny Mac wrote:I said c0ck punch, not hit him with my car... why would I incur body work on my car when I can smack him in the seeds?

I know how to use nuclear weapons and am not afraid to do so. :lol:
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
windywave
Emerald Circle

TUPF wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:I said c0ck punch, not hit him with my car... why would I incur body work on my car when I can smack him in the seeds?

I know how to use nuclear weapons and am not afraid to do so. :lol:
Make sure it isn't parts to a pinball machine
#cousins don't count
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Baywave1 »

I of course like many of you remember dogpiling at my wedding out of joy but I don't exactly remember this. The money quote:

"The Warren Morris home run is the Jack Ruby shooting Lee Harvey Oswald of LSU sports."

When I'm overjoyed about a sports victory of course this is the first image that comes to mind. Many many times.

You can't make this stuff up.

http://theadvocate.com/sports/lsu/16196 ... eddings-an
windywave
Emerald Circle

I'm also adding Mercedes SUV drivers and cabs to my kah-kah list.
#cousins don't count
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

windywave wrote:I'm also adding Mercedes SUV drivers and cabs to my kah-kah list.
come drive on the rural roads near my house on a Saturday or Sunday am and you'll add cyclists to your list and place them at the top
sr
Regent's Circle

Unread post by sr »

Johnny Mac wrote:
windywave wrote:I'm also adding Mercedes SUV drivers and cabs to my kah-kah list.
come drive on the rural roads near my house on a Saturday or Sunday am and you'll add cyclists to your list and place them at the top
absolutely, the weekend pelotons that make their way out to the hills west of Austin put us four wheel drivers on guard. We even have special turn lanes for bikes out here in the sticks.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Johnny Mac wrote:
Do they obey the traffic laws?
#cousins don't count
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Unread post by AO Sig »

Traffic laws, now there is a different topic. Down here in the shadow of the Bristol motor speedway there are motorists who demonstrate that they have learned to drive watching NASCAR races. They seem to believe that they earn sprint cup points for their performance on Stone drive here in Kingsport every morning and afternoon.
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

windywave wrote:Do they obey the traffic laws?
only when it suits them... as sr mentions, there are the Saturday and Sunday am peletons that ride 4-5 wide and completely block lanes on 45 MPH speed limit roads.. they have zero regard for the "Share the Road" mentality as it's "their" road and cars can go fk themselves. Most observe stop signs and traffic signals or risk death.. but for the most part, they do ignore most traffic laws. Just as bad are the two riders going side by side when they should be single file.. but they want to chit chat while riding and again, fk motorists. These people put their bikes on the back of their SUVs, drive several miles to a parking lot, then ride with their pack for a couple of hours, completely fking up traffic and making people who actually need to be somewhere on a weekend morning, late.

These dipshiats belong in the same category as scooter riders who have a max speed of 35 driving in the passing lane of a four land divided highway with a speed limit of 45MPH. There need to be state laws restricting scooters from the left lane of any road except within 500 yards of a left turn. Additionally, NC needs to pass an "anti peleton" law that restricts these packs of bikes to before 9am on Saturday and Sunday and 7am M-F. Not sure if you noticed recently that guy in Michigan that plowed through a peleton of riders.. those kinds of incidents are going to be on the rise until these two wheeled traffic terrorists are reined in.
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Unread post by GretnaGrn »

windywave wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
Do they obey the traffic laws?
He already said they were cyclists, so by definition (at least in my experience), no....
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Unread post by TUPF »

Piling on here...I have no doubt that the pelotons you guys describe are problems and I guess it would be much worse out on suburban or rural highways. We don't have those in Philly but what you do see is the rogue single bike riders downtown. I always try my best to be a good citizen and share the road but some of those riders make it so tempting to do otherwise. I believe it is a requirement that Philadelphia bicycle riders take mandatory rules of the road training in Naples, Italy.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Unread post by GreenieBacker »

I understand that bike riders have as much right to the road as car drivers and I applaud them for their desire to reduce car traffic/emissions...........but I think that, except for a very rare few, they uniformly ignore traffic laws. Blowing through stop signs/red lights, riding against traffic, making illegal turns, etc. Which makes them unpredictable on the road, you simply have idea what they're going to do or where they're coming from. Combine that with our too narrow streets, moon crater sized potholes and you have the makings of tragedy.

lately, what has me shaking my head in disbelief are the bike tours that go down Magazine Street. What could make better sense than a bunch of tourists (who don't know the city), riding bikes in a large group down Magazine which is narrow for the two lanes of cars there now and is filed with heavy traffic, lots of pedestrians, City buses, blind turns.....what could possibly go wrong?
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

GreenieBacker wrote:lately, what has me shaking my head in disbelief are the bike tours that go down Magazine Street. What could make better sense than a bunch of tourists (who don't know the city), riding bikes in a large group down Magazine which is narrow for the two lanes of cars there now and is filed with heavy traffic, lots of pedestrians, City buses, blind turns.....what could possibly go wrong?
Wow, yeah, that's a bad idea. I'm picturing someone opening a car door of a parallel-parked car and sending a rider flying bikeless...
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Unread post by AO Sig »

My daughter is taking her first experience in the driver's ed class on the road today. I have had her in my office parking lot, and she was fearful that she would flip our SUV when the speed got above 4 miles an hour... It does not help that a classmate and friend of hers was killed a week ago in a rollover accident (no seatbelt).

I showed her a video from "Bob's burgers" that looks a lot like how she thought our driving experience will go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXEoe8_CcbM

As a result of the class she is even more aware of how badly East Tennessee drivers do; even the police don't do so hot. They must think that the stick coming off the left side of the steering column is a UT pompom that lost its orange stuff, since so few people use their turn signals. Might be a NASCAR thing; can't tell them what you are planning to do, because that could give them an advantage...
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

GreenieBacker wrote:I understand that bike riders have as much right to the road as car drivers and I applaud them for their desire to reduce car traffic/emissions.........
yeah, see.. that's the rub... the a88clowns I am referring to again: load their bikes onto an SUV... drive several miles to a shopping center parking lot or a bike shop... then ride in a peleton for a couple of hours, snarling traffic... get back to their origination point, load the bike BACK onto the SUV and drive several miles home... they are not reducing car traffic or emissions.. they are working out. When I work out, it's in a gym, on a machine and nobody gets road rage as a result. These people decide to make their workout everyone else's problem.

The guy who rides to work or the bus station on his bike with a backpack IS reducing car traffic and emissions.. but not the aforementioned a88clowns.