Shaming an LSU alum

Non-Tulane News Discussion-
Anything that doesn't belong on any Tulane forum sans Religious or Political discussion or debate
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Re: Shaming an LSU alum

Post by GreenieBacker »

JMac, here in the City we don't get too many peletons. That is an issue on the Northshore but not here. We get the exercise guys (they're usually in those silly biker uniforms) but usually in small groups heading to the Lakefront. What I am seeing a lot more than before are the biking commuters- and I want to like them, if they would just obey the traffic laws.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

GreenieBacker wrote: ,,, the biking commuters- and I want to like them, if they would just obey the traffic laws.
... and take a full shower before getting in the elevator. 8)
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

Also, in Austin they passed a law where car drivers cannot get closer than 3 or 4 feet of a biker when passing them on a street. With the narrow streets in Austin it's impossible.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

sr, trying to fight the biker lobby in Austin seems like a losing proposition to me. :-D
1309th WAVE
Regent's Circle

Post by 1309th WAVE »

GreenieBacker wrote:sr, trying to fight the biker lobby in Austin seems like a losing proposition to me. :-D
Actually they prefer to call themselves artisanal acoustic motorcyclists
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

GreenieBacker wrote:sr, trying to fight the biker lobby in Austin seems like a losing proposition to me. :-D
Since Lance got in trouble the lobby has lost a little of its luster, but I'm pretty sure there are more bike shops here than anywhere else. I even have one (bike) but it's only for show. It looks good when the garage door is open.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

windywave wrote:BTW Lexus drivers are worse than BMW. ...
No need to bring Asian stereotypes into this :wink:
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

waverider wrote:
windywave wrote:BTW Lexus drivers are worse than BMW. ...
No need to bring Asian stereotypes into this :wink:
But you did .... and I'll go no further. 8)
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

Well, after many years of driving and observing this is my top 3 "Worst Car Drivers/A-Holes, etc". In order from worst to less worse :-D

1. Cadillac Drivers

2. Lexus Drivers

3. Saturn Drivers
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

GreenieBacker wrote:
1. Cadillac Drivers
HOLY SMOKE. Some a-hole in a Cadillac SUV almost creamed me turning today. I expressed my displeasure and he started yelling at me as if that would change the fact I had a walk sign. If you don't like driving in traffic don't come into the city B&T trash.
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

Yes they, Cadillac drivers, are literally in a class by themselves
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

GreenieBacker wrote:Yes they, Cadillac drivers, are literally in a class by themselves
This is the first time I've had to jump out of the way of a car.
#cousins don't count
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

funny thing they had a similar poll in California based on concrete data plus anecdotal evidence and guess what drivers came in first?

Toyota Prius
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

GreenieBacker wrote:funny thing they had a similar poll in California based on concrete data plus anecdotal evidence and guess what drivers came in first?

Toyota Prius
The worst thing I can say about Prius drivers is that they tend to drive slowly and get in the way, but heck, a lot of left lane cloggers do that, no matter what the make and model. I think if I were to ever be hit as a pedestrian by a Prius, it might bounce off. I had one as a rental when my car was in the shop. Worst. Car. Ever.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

I've never thought Prius drivers were that bad. Maybe when they drive in CA they morph into something terrible?
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

GreenieBacker wrote:I've never thought Prius drivers were that bad. Maybe when they drive in CA they morph into something terrible?
Isn't a lot of the problem as a pedestrian/etc. that you can't hear them?
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

GreenieBacker wrote:funny thing they had a similar poll in California based on concrete data plus anecdotal evidence and guess what drivers came in first?

Toyota Prius
That's because 90% of the cars on the road in California are a Prius. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

frick White Grand Cherokee drivers X2 and a frick Escalade jerkoff on his phone ...
#cousins don't count
Roller
Cornerstone

Post by Roller »

TUPF wrote:

Toyota Prius
The worst thing I can say about Prius drivers is that they tend to drive slowly and get in the way, but heck, a lot of left lane cloggers do that, no matter what the make and model. I think if I were to ever be hit as a pedestrian by a Prius, it might bounce off. I had one as a rental when my car was in the shop. Worst. Car. Ever.
My wife loves her Prius (it's her second one). And as far as slow driving, she's actually the one yelling at others to GTHOTW. Last time I rode the Interstate with her, I woke up in the passenger seat to see that we were going over 100 mph.

And it plenty spacious. I'm 6'1", 220#, and I'm comfortable in both the front and back seats.

The only thing I can say bad about the Prius (and I presume, all hybrids) is that the batteries wear down, as all rechargeable batteries do, and though you may get 60+ mpg when it's new, that mileage will degrade over the years, as the gasoline engine has to kick in more frequently to charge the battery. Over 7 years, her first Prius dropped from 65 mpg to 35 mpg. Her current one is a 2014, and it's down to about 50 mpg. I presume that all-electric vehicles suffer a degradation in range for the same reason.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

Oh I am frick HOT this morning .... douche nozzle in a 535 on his cell phone does a rolling stop, doesn't yield for me halfway through the cross walk and almost clips me ....oh for a ball peen hammer
#cousins don't count
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

windywave wrote:Oh I am frick HOT this morning .... douche nozzle in a 535 on his cell phone does a rolling stop, doesn't yield for me halfway through the cross walk and almost clips me ....oh for a ball peen hammer
Any cell phone use while driving laws up there? What the cell police are doing here to see into cars better is elevating. They sit in busses looking for an offender, then radio to motorcycle cops the car description and plate number for a ticket.
Cheerleader
Coach Level

Post by Cheerleader »

No matter what car, Maryland drivers are the worst. When we see someone do something really stupid or dangerous even here in Florida, we always look at the license plate. 75% of the time, it is a Maryland plate.
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Post by AO Sig »

Around here the cops are among those with the most infractions. Seatbelts are optional, turn signals are avoided (can't let anyone know where they are going, takes the fun out of the surprise), and cell phones are regularly used.

People in NE Tennessee adhere to driving lessons that are based on what they see on the weekends on the NASCAR races; Jimmy Johnson and Tony Stewart cut people off, don't signal, are a few handbreadths behind the cars in front of them. Motorists on Stone Drive in Kingsport think that they will earn Sprint Cup points for how they end up each day.
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

OK, wait a minute now.

sr, "cell phone police" in Austin? You can't drive in Austin and talk on the phone? That could be a problem............
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

AO Sig wrote:Around here the cops are among those with the most infractions. Seatbelts are optional, turn signals are avoided (can't let anyone know where they are going, takes the fun out of the surprise), and cell phones are regularly used.

People in NE Tennessee adhere to driving lessons that are based on what they see on the weekends on the NASCAR races; Jimmy Johnson and Tony Stewart cut people off, don't signal, are a few handbreadths behind the cars in front of them. Motorists on Stone Drive in Kingsport think that they will earn Sprint Cup points for how they end up each day.
Wait...we don't earn Sprint Cup points for that?? :lol: