2017 Tulane Football Recruiting Info & Discussion

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Re: 2017 Tulane Football Recruiting Info & Discussion

Post by GreenieBacker »

So what's the point? Seems like you figured that out all by yourself.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
CT Wave
Coach Level

Post by CT Wave »

GreenieBacker wrote:So what's the point? Seems like you figured that out all by yourself.
Yes, I did and so did most others. It seems your message pointed out the acutely obvious and spread good cheer to the board. Great post, friend. :roll:
"You're not here on scholarship to lose. I didn't recruit you to lose. Losing is abnormal; losing is unusual; losing is unacceptable. That's not what we're here for."
Bob Knight
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Langham, Ledee, Monroe, and Toles are coming in this weekend. Keep an eye on LB's Marvin Moody (ark) & Keirston Johnson (fl, former Syracuse commit) also scheduled to come in along w/the players mentioned by TU23 above.

Shout-out to fearthewave for tweeting the names.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

long green wrote:Langham, Ledee, Monroe, and Toles are coming in this weekend. Keep an eye on LB's Marvin Moody (ark) & Keirston Johnson (fl, former Syracuse commit) also scheduled to come in along w/the players mentioned by TU23 above.

Jaylon Monroe is coming as well (sorry if that was mentioned above)
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
Roller
Cornerstone

Post by Roller »

waverider wrote:
long green wrote:Langham, Ledee, Monroe, and Toles are coming in this weekend. Keep an eye on LB's Marvin Moody (ark) & Keirston Johnson (fl, former Syracuse commit) also scheduled to come in along w/the players mentioned by TU23 above.

More than one Monroe?
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Just one Monroe. He might be coming in for the 20th & not the 13th. He is coming in, though.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Post by GretnaGrn »

GreenieBacker wrote:So we lose an OL who opted for GA Tech and hope to replace him with a guy with offers from UTSA, La Tech, ULL, ULM, and Ball State? What am I missing here?
About three fingers of good bourbon.
ThePig
Riptide Level

Post by ThePig »

These young men all look good to me. I hope that those who are committed remain committed and those who aren't committed do commit, but what appears to be missing are any OL. I hope that we gat a couple of more good ones to visit on the 20th and the 27th.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

We'll certainly bring in three or more OL's on top of the three committed/signed.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

Fritz is in a tough situation. You put so much time and effort into recruiting just to have kids bolt if they get a P5 offer. Very difficult process and this G5 label is a killer. I am definitely in favor of the early signing period to hopefully halt some of this.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

tjtlja, I like the early signing period as well. Not only will an early commit that we like become "bound" to come here, but, when the Big Programs" begin filling up, as they always do, it may encourage kids who are beginning to worry if they'll have a spot to drift over to us.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

I like the early signing period in theory because it will enable the smart, sane kids to end their recruitment and let staffs KNOW some of what they have sooner. Now, that's if the early signing period is in December. One that takes place to during or before the season? I'm against that.

It would change everyone's way of doing business. Schools would have to be a bit more careful about how they spread around offers. It would give some kids the ability to ask a bigger school to put up or shut up.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

Roller wrote:
waverider wrote:

More than one Monroe?
No. I overlooked his name in LG's post.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
TU23
President's Circle

Post by TU23 »

long green wrote:I like the early signing period in theory because it will enable the smart, sane kids to end their recruitment and let staffs KNOW some of what they have sooner. Now, that's if the early signing period is in December. One that takes place to during or before the season? I'm against that.

It would change everyone's way of doing business. Schools would have to be a bit more careful about how they spread around offers. It would give some kids the ability to ask a bigger school to put up or shut up.
Yep and there would have to be another caveat to an early signing period: If you sign and the coach gets fired...tough. You still have to sit out a year. No automatic release. If a school is stuck with you, you're stuck with the school.

On the plus side for a recruit, it would allow you to see how a school really feels about you. Can you imagine hearing, "Hey, you have an offer but we won't let you sign early." In that regard, it could expose schools like LSU who lead kids on and may or may not offer them at the last minute. Some recruits will be willing to play that game...others won't.
This one belongs to the Wave.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

exactly, if a kid presses a school to offer a binding offer and the school balks..........that may encourage them to look elsewhere. I like it, it seems to bring a bit of openness to the process.
Donny Z
President's Circle

Post by Donny Z »

A couple of our weekend visitors picked up offers tonight. Shannon Forman got one from Missouri (who is also after our old commit Caleb Sampson). Keirston Jonson (former Syracuse commit) got one from UCF.

We have a lot of great prospects in this weekend. Go get em Willie!
Donny Z
President's Circle

Post by Donny Z »

Another big time visitor this weekend. Loads of offers including Boise st, Virginia and navy.

http://247sports.com/Player/Isaac-Buell-88662

https://twitter.com/buellpics/status/819400421550727169

I think we have a Knoxville source on the board. Any info on this young man? Hope he is buddies with our Knoxville commit!
fearthewave
Breaker Level

Post by fearthewave »

1. This visitor list should now be up to date. Sorry, can't embed for some reason.

https://twitter.com/FearTheWaveBlog/sta ... 1593818112

Jaylon Monroe will visit but that will be next weekend.

2. Kieston Roach now updated on our 247 page, looks legit.

3. Hearing from UCF contact that they will make a full court press on Keirston Johnson. Picked up offer today. Very talented player, would love to see us close in that battle.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Weather.com says Friday and Saturday, mostly sunny, 73, little rain chance. Sounds perfect for recruiting! Everything looks better and goes more smoothly in the sunshine. Not to mention any recruits coming from more northerly locations will be wowed.
gawave5
Trainer

Post by gawave5 »

I hear that WF and staff are working hard for the next three weekends and the big push is not only sell Tulane, but really sell NOLA and the experience they can gain from being down in a multicultural area. I am a Georgia boy, but I have absolutely fallen in love with NOLA. It is much like Savannah with the history and art, but the multicultural experience is out of this world. Love it. Look for something big this weekend for the recruits.
TU23
President's Circle

Post by TU23 »

Check out the full list on NOLA.com for this weekend. Can't post link from my cell. Many big time players. Really no need to panic. Fritz and co. are doing work.
This one belongs to the Wave.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/20 ... the_j.html

This weekend's visitors from nola.com. Jakyle Holmes would be a nice in-state score.

I WAS able to post this from my phone. Why? I guess I just care more. :angel:
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

25 players are taking official visits this weekend(!) :shock:

Wow, go get them Coach.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

all the committed players except Jackel, Monroe, and Kuerschen are coming in this weekend. They'll probably be in later.

I'm not sure about all the extra WR's and DB's except that they're all good players. Crawford is highly rated and has Ivy League offers to go with about a dozen FBS offers including several AAC schools. He's been on the coaches' radar from the start. The former (or not) Rice DB commit has recent offers from Colorado and Missouri.

The linebacker who is committed to Central Arkansas (that's gotta be a dinner reservation) looks like an SEC player. Rangy, fast, and athletic.

Two of the ATH's listed, Dunlap and Whitlow, are really impressive looking. Dunlap is a RB who could do with some more weight; Whitlow is a QB who could line up anywhere. They're both highly rated, with Whitlow having an old offer (gotta be, right?) from Auburn and Dunlap with at least two Big Ten offers.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

the key to this weekend being a success are the DL recruits. In alphabetical order they are
Isaac Buell 6-3 260 Knoxville, TN (some good offers, many other FBS offers)
Shannon Forman 6-1 290 Baton Rouge (Mizzou and Colorado have just offered, we offered months ago)
Quan Griffin 6-3 260 Baker Co, FL (8 FBS offers, none huge)
Ellison Hubbard 6-1 265 Grayson, GA (too many offers to list, many good ones)
Cameron Sample 6-3 240 Snellville, GA (five FBS offers)

Sample looks like a pure DE. I imagine we'll have several more like him in the next two weekends. Forman and Hubbard are tackles, and Buell and Griffin are guys who play inside and out but who I imagine will grow into tackles while in college.
Last edited by long green on Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.