Allen

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
Wavefan
Coach Level

Allen

Post by Wavefan »

Interesting read. Seems like he would have committed to TU.

http://www.campusrush.com/willie-allen- ... =si_social
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Re: Allen

Post by GreenieBacker »

Never too late
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

Willie Allen tweeted that he has been granted a release from lsu. No mention of where he's interested in going.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

LSU offensive lineman Willie Allen announces intentions to transfer

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2017/ ... r_home_pop

apparently he's 6'-7", 310 lbs............I'm wondering if, with that size, he has the agility we're looking for in OL?
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

He's not sloppy at all. Those listed dimensions are similar to John Leglue's. He was a pretty effective HS basketball player. He can move and he played in a veer offense in HS. In that sense he's ideal. I just don't know how much drive he has or if he's really a football player at heart. He was the top OT in the country after his junior year but that was mostly because of the eyeball test. His ratings by the top services fell off a bunch in the spring before his last year at Curtis. He finished a three star recruit on rivals.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

in the comments section on NOLA someone said that he's coming off some sort of knee surgery. Wonder at the effect that had as well.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Read the story up top, the kid's had a lot going on in his life. No telling what's happening or what's driving the decision. Heck, maybe he wants to go play for Frank Wilson. The other thing that is mentioned prominently early in that story but then gets swept away is his academic struggles... no word on whether that's still an issue or not. It makes it appear that him getting into Tulane would be a very long shot, even if he wanted to come here.

But as I've said before, if a guy who was recruited to LSU wants to come to Tulane***, YOU TAKE HIM.

***and is eligible and doesn't have bad baggage
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

If this staff wants him I'll get excited. If it were up to me I'd pass. This kid is not Chris Davenport. Davenport came here very highly motivated. That and his character made him a better fit on the team than he was a player on the field (and of course he was good on the field). Allen is already tweeting that he is disappointed that LSU is blocking him from transferring to TCU. If the staff wants him and he comes here thinking he's settling...

I was familiar with a lot of the details before I read the article. More than now I think he is not a football player in his heart. Thank goodness we have the staff we do.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
TU23
President's Circle

Post by TU23 »

I agree with LG. He's a project from a football standpoint, albeit with tremendous physical gifts. However, I've heard similar things about drive.
This one belongs to the Wave.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

Former LSU tackle Willie Allen bound for Texas junior college

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/ ... da709.html

Allen, the former LSU tackle and John Curtis standout, is transferring to Tyler Junior College in Tyler, Texas, he confirmed late Thursday night.

Allen, a 6-7, 310-pounder who announced his plans to transfer earlier this month, visited several major conference schools over the last few weeks, including UCLA and Baylor, but he chose the junior college route as not to miss a year of eligibility.

what a strange, strange journey its been...........
visualmagic
President's Circle

Post by visualmagic »

GreenieBacker wrote:Former LSU tackle Willie Allen bound for Texas junior college

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/ ... da709.html

Allen, the former LSU tackle and John Curtis standout, is transferring to Tyler Junior College in Tyler, Texas, he confirmed late Thursday night.

Allen, a 6-7, 310-pounder who announced his plans to transfer earlier this month, visited several major conference schools over the last few weeks, including UCLA and Baylor, but he chose the junior college route as not to miss a year of eligibility.

what a strange, strange journey its been...........
Probably going to TCU after that since LSU was blocking his transfer there
QuarterbackU
Regent's Circle

Post by QuarterbackU »

Willie is visiting ULL in two weeks:

https://twitter.com/willie_allen77/stat ... 6108666880

I think it is safe to assume that a TCU offer does not exist since classes start there on the 16th.
Tulane Alum | T-Club Member | Season Ticket Holder
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Translation: it's a serious buyer's market. I mean that not to suggest that there is hanky-panky going on but to say that recruiters may be catching up to Allen and his actual value as an ol Prospect.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

long green wrote:Translation: it's a serious buyer's market. I mean that not to suggest that there is hanky-panky going on but to say that recruiters may be catching up to Allen and his actual value as an ol Prospect.
Agreed. That's the Football recruiting equivalent of posting your resume online to
Monster.com because that will give you access to “over 5,000,000 jobs.”
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Allen picks LaTech
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone