Taurean Nixon

Updates on your favorite former Tulane players & coaches & discuss their careers.
1309th WAVE
Regent's Circle

Taurean Nixon

Post by 1309th WAVE »

I only learned this because I was morbidly curious about where Eric Price ended up, and googled it to find he's an "offensive research assistant" for the Jacksonville Jaguars now, but also happened to glance at their recent transactions to see they claimed Nixon off waivers from the Broncos.

Anyway, good for him, especially considering this current roster might even give him a shot at making the 53 man.
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Re: Taurean Nixon

Post by Johnny Mac »

offensive research assistant? hmmm... so that basically means he breaks down film for a position coach

The current LA Rams head coach started his NFL career in a similar position with the Bucs... Jon Gruden got him the job there as a favor for his dad... guess the kid was a quick study as he's the youngest head coach in the history of the NFL.. took him just 9 years

I can bet you today that 9 years from now, Eric Price will not be an NFL head coach
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Post by NJwave »

So the guy that ran our offense is now researching how to run an offense. Shocking we were so inept.
1309th WAVE
Regent's Circle

Post by 1309th WAVE »

NJwave wrote:So the guy that ran our offense is now researching how to run an offense. Shocking we were so inept.
Last year I chatted up Nathan Schienle while we were both at a party drinking apple juice (this was after he left the team) and he had quite a few stories about Coach Price drawing up elaborate plays during timeouts only to get poo-pooed by CJ who just wanted to run a dive play. Price wanted to open up the playbook more often but was over-ruled nearly every time.

I wouldn't say those sub-20 PPG performances were all his fault, just most of it.
olivengreen
Navigator Level

Post by olivengreen »

1309th WAVE wrote:
NJwave wrote:So the guy that ran our offense is now researching how to run an offense. Shocking we were so inept.
Last year I chatted up Nathan Schienle while we were both at a party drinking apple juice (this was after he left the team) and he had quite a few stories about Coach Price drawing up elaborate plays during timeouts only to get poo-pooed by CJ who just wanted to run a dive play. Price wanted to open up the playbook more often but was over-ruled nearly every time.

I wouldn't say those sub-20 PPG performances were all his fault, just most of it.

I can say that I heard the same from another player. Not saying we would have been an offensive juggernaut but the amount of confusion in the huddle I was shocked we scored what we did.
Proud member of the Greenbackers!!!!!
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

1309th WAVE wrote:

Football isn't basketball you don't "draw up plays" in the huddle. He might have been calling for a bit more razzle dazzle but it was something that was already in the playbook and had been run through in practice... sorry I forgot myself and just remembered we didn't have a professional coach coaching us
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

1309th WAVE wrote:

the following is a post from me put up after Willie Fritz' Media Day PC:

Fritz said yesterday that he didn't kick anybody off the team, "they kicked themselves off." He also said (I really love this) that of some guys who decided they'd had enough football, "I wasn't going to beg anybody to come out here and play." Boom.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

windywave wrote:
1309th WAVE wrote:

Football isn't basketball you don't "draw up plays" in the huddle. He might have been calling for a bit more razzle dazzle but it was something that was already in the playbook and had been run through in practice... sorry I forgot myself and just remembered we didn't have a professional coach coaching us
Yeah, I think you are agreeing with the sentiment here.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

PeteRasche wrote:
windywave wrote:
1309th WAVE wrote:

Yeah, I think you are agreeing with the sentiment here.
The sentiment is agreeing with me
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

Signed by the Chiefs to Practice Squad -

http://nfltraderumors.co/chiefs-sign-db ... e-redding/