Matt Forte

Updates on your favorite former Tulane players & coaches & discuss their careers.
Man in Green
Regent's Circle

Matt Forte

Post by Man in Green »

Jets looking to move Matt. Who needs a RB?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... matt-forte
"Don't hit me with those negative waves so early in the morning" Oddball to Moriarty in Kelly's Heroes
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Re: Matt Forte

Post by Rotorooter »

He'll get cut first, then someone will pick him up, so the acquiring team just has to pay the league minimum against the $4M salary. Another great Jets' move. Personally, I'd like to see Matt get a chance at a contender with a good OL, just to see how good he can be.
Plan your work, work your plan.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

the Jets are a massive disaster right now.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
FW
Cornerstone

Post by FW »

GreenieBacker wrote:the Jets are a massive disaster right now.
I love it
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

Sports Talking heads, only half jokingly, are wondering if the Jets will win a game this year
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
MNAlum
Coach Level

Post by MNAlum »

Rotorooter wrote:He'll get cut first, then someone will pick him up, so the acquiring team just has to pay the league minimum against the $4M salary. Another great Jets' move. Personally, I'd like to see Matt get a chance at a contender with a good OL, just to see how good he can be.
Patriots? Cowboys? His pass catching alone should make him valuable.
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

GreenieBacker wrote:Sports Talking heads, only half jokingly, are wondering if the Jets will win a game this year
I have heard that the Jets are predicted to be worse than 2016 Cleveland
MNAlum wrote:Patriots? Cowboys? His pass catching alone should make him valuable.
yeah.. that'll be the day when the Jets send a good player to New England
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

Johnny Mac wrote:
GreenieBacker wrote:Sports Talking heads, only half jokingly, are wondering if the Jets will win a game this year
MNAlum wrote:Patriots? Cowboys? His pass catching alone should make him valuable.
Does Revis count as good?
MNAlum
Coach Level

Post by MNAlum »

Johnny Mac wrote:
I should have clarified that if the jets release him as many suspect they will, who might pick him up. Belichik likes vets like Forte.
Man in Green
Regent's Circle

Post by Man in Green »

I think the Jets will battle the Bills for the #1 overall pick. Worst division in the NFL.
"Don't hit me with those negative waves so early in the morning" Oddball to Moriarty in Kelly's Heroes
doncecco
President's Circle

Post by doncecco »

How about staying right where he is, but turning blue. Have you seen the Giants RBs? Vereen and Darkwa, that's pretty much it. And joining Orleans would be cool.
Bring home da Wave!
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

ml wave wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
do I need to show you the definition of "free agency"?

BTW, he played for the Bucs the year before he played for the Pats... he didn't come straight from the Jets...

should I stop here or should I emasculate you further?
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

SlidellWave
Coach Level

Post by SlidellWave »

doncecco wrote:How about staying right where he is, but turning blue. Have you seen the Giants RBs? Vereen and Darkwa, that's pretty much it. And joining Orleans would be cool.

Why would you want that for Matt? Isn't it bad enough one of our RBs is getting destroyed because of that OL?
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Post by NJwave »

He would split time with Paul Perkins if he came to the Giants. I think Dallas makes sense while Elliott is suspended or perhaps Kansas City with Ware out.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

Johnny Mac wrote:
ml wave wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
do I need to show you the definition of "free agency"?

BTW, he played for the Bucs the year before he played for the Pats... he didn't come straight from the Jets...

should I stop here or should I emasculate you further?
Lol...when/if the Jets cut him because they can't trade him, they will no longer have any control over where he plays, Patriots or otherwise. Just like David Harris!

My bad on Revis, forgot his memorable stint on the Bucs...how about the Belichick trade? Not a player, but he turned out pretty good.
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

ml wave wrote:My bad on Revis, forgot his memorable stint on the Bucs...how about the Belichick trade? Not a player, but he turned out pretty good.
at the time, his one stint as head coach was a steaming pile and the hatred between the two franchises wasn't at the level it has become... don't forget, the NFL official who started the excrement rolling in deflategate was a former Jets front office guy who was there during the spygate incident
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Johnny Mac wrote:
ml wave wrote:My bad on Revis, forgot his memorable stint on the Bucs...how about the Belichick trade? Not a player, but he turned out pretty good.
at the time, his one stint as head coach was a steaming pile and the hatred between the two franchises wasn't at the level it has become... don't forget, the NFL official who started the excrement rolling in deflategate was a former Jets front office guy who was there during the spygate incident
He probably had the best 5 year stretch for the Browns since 1990. It is the Browns though
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

gerryb323 wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
He probably had the best 5 year stretch for the Browns since 1990. It is the Browns though
Yep, and the Jets thought enough of him to name him head coach.
Man in Green
Regent's Circle

Post by Man in Green »

Nice game tonight for Matt - 77 yards rushing and 2 TD's, and 4 receptions.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

Forte was mentioned all day yesterday leading up to the Army/ San Diego St game as SDS' RB had 4 straight games of 200yds and that is the longest streak since "Matt Forte at Tulane in 2007". Every time ESPN did a promo they mentioned Forte's streak.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson