Saturday September 30
Maine at UCF cancelled due to Irma rescheduling
#18 South Florida 61 at ECU 31
Houston 20 at Temple 13
Navy 31 at Tulsa 21
UConn 28 at SMU 49
Marshall 38 at Cincinnati 21
Memphis 13 at UCF 40
Last edited by WaveProf on Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
waverider
Cornerstone

Re: Week V (Schedule, Discussion, Scores)

Unread post by waverider »

The timing kind of works out for us. We get a week to rest while Tulsa's defense has to battle Navy. We also get to see what Tulsa does defensively against the option even if we run a different version of it.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Unread post by WaveProf »

Lines added

ESPN predictor has UCF at 82%. What do they think they know? Didn't Memphis just beat UCLA? The line (3.5 to UCF) seems more legit.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
MattK
President's Circle

Unread post by MattK »

WaveProf wrote:Lines added

ESPN predictor has UCF at 82%. What do they think they know? Didn't Memphis just beat UCLA? The line (3.5 to UCF) seems more legit.
The little bit I've looked at those predictions, they seem to over inflate homefield advantage
WaveProf
Cornerstone

MattK wrote: The little bit I've looked at those predictions, they seem to over inflate homefield advantage
Yet, we are 83% against FIU on the road. WOOT!

Good seeing you Saturday btw. Sorry I was so rushed and that I didn't come over and say hi to Shannon and the gang. I was late to start take-down of the tent and food, and was trying to help my son watch the band. Next time I'll make sure I have more time for you. Good seeing you!
waverider
Cornerstone

Unread post by waverider »

UCF is a roller coaster of a program. They went from Fiesta Bowl to 0-12 to being one of the better teams in the conference.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
WaveProf
Cornerstone

ECU having no problem scoring on USF, and only down 24-17 late in the 2nd.

Following the score while I've been doing work. About to check out. This is my only weekend of the entire fall where I manage to watch NO football. I'm going to go enjoy the day.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Unread post by OGSB »

61-31 <4:00 to go, USF
Victory is never permanent
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Baywave1 »

Watched a good bit of Tulsa-Navy. Tulane can beat Tulsa especially at Yulman.

Regardless style-wise, this is not your Mother's Tulsa team. They enjoyed reasonable success for a number of years with the wide open offensive style and they certainly have had Tulane's number using it recently. Why the change?

I guess Guerry Smith heard me.

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... 35993.html

He says offense is the same but they have just lost most of their good skill players. The Tulsa offense today was only the QB running effectively. Not much otherwise. It only had 115 yards passing. It used to have that against Tulane in a quarter.

Again this team is beatable. See you at Yulman.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Well, espn knew