MS RB Cameron Carroll Commits to TU FB

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
long green
Cornerstone

MS RB Cameron Carroll Commits to TU FB

Unread post by long green »

Fritz has RW'd it and fearthewave says it's him. He'd be back #2 in this class. Let's have a look at his hudl...

...we need to keep recruiting big backs in this mold for this year because I think this will be a hard guy to hold on to. He has size, quick feet and some speed when he gets going. He ran for 1400 yards as a junior and will exceed that this year.

Carroll is from NW Rankin HS in Flowood, MS. FBS offers from USM & South Alabama

This staff has been recruiting at NW Rankin for over a year. We took a long look at their QB last year and of course noticed Hogan & Carroll.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Re: MS RB Cameron Carroll Commits to TU FB

Unread post by GreenieBacker »

I have thought that this Offense needs a big bruising back who can go up the middle effectively, making the defense respect the inside game and not just the outside run. Maybe this is the guy?
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
Coach Level

Unread post by 1401973 »

GreenieBacker wrote:I have thought that this Offense needs a big bruising back who can go up the middle effectively, making the defense respect the inside game and not just the outside run. Maybe this is the guy?
I guess Charles Jones is too tall (6'4") for a RB and he has not played the position in college or HS but he is very physical (plus I'm desperate to get him more touches). I know if I was a MLB I wouldn't want take him on one on one in the hole.
long green
Cornerstone

Hilliard runs very effectively between the tackles. Bradwell has shown some power and burst. Hell, Huderson runs well inside for a small guy. And if you haven't seen Corey Dauphine let me tell you that he is powerfully built.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Unread post by GreenieBacker »

I keep forgetting about Corey
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
sr
Regent's Circle

Unread post by sr »

Donny Z
President's Circle

Unread post by Donny Z »

posse
Head Trainer

Unread post by posse »

The last time I checked Tulane Rivals site we had 17-18 commits before Carrol.Rivals says we now have 15 commits, Did we lose 2 or 3 commits? If so, Who.
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Unread post by Rotorooter »

Looks like a cross between Lazedrick Thompson inside and feet like Matt Forte. Don't know his size but looks like a tough runner.

Tulane = Running Back U.
Plan your work, work your plan.
long green
Cornerstone

posse wrote:The last time I checked Tulane Rivals site we had 17-18 commits before Carrol.Rivals says we now have 15 commits, Did we lose 2 or 3 commits? If so, Who.
No. We've never had more than 14 at one time. I don't check out rivals much but I'll swear to that.
posse
Head Trainer

Unread post by posse »

long green wrote:
posse wrote:The last time I checked Tulane Rivals site we had 17-18 commits before Carrol.Rivals says we now have 15 commits, Did we lose 2 or 3 commits? If so, Who.
No. We've never had more than 14 at one time. I don't check out rivals much but I'll swear to that.
Thanks a lot Long Green....I am so glad to hear we did not lose anyone...It seems like we have a pretty good class going at this point...
TU23
President's Circle

Unread post by TU23 »

LG is right. The only "commit" we lost is Garland LaFrance, who we have now replaced with a better player IMO. We're at 15 with approx 5 more spots.
This one belongs to the Wave.
long green
Cornerstone

http://crescentcitysports.com/tulane-ge ... n-carroll/

According to this brief article, Carroll is returning to his place of birth. Interesting.
long green
Cornerstone

http://www.mississippigridiron.com/2017 ... ate-teams/

Cameron Carroll made the 6A All-State team as selected by the state's association of HS coaches. Good for him.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Baywave1 »

Rotorooter wrote:Looks like a cross between Lazedrick Thompson inside and feet like Matt Forte. Don't know his size but looks like a tough runner.

Tulane = Running Back U.
I wouldn't want to arm wrestle him. Welcome aboard Mr. Carroll!