Win and people notice...

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
LSU Law Greenie
Coach Level

Win and people notice...

Unread post by LSU Law Greenie »

Win and people notice...

So 2 weeks ago against Army I took a friend to the Tulane game. He hadn't been to a game since he came with me to the season opener against Ga Tech. Today I get this email...

"I didn't see the game yesterday, but I've got to think Tulsa is at least a representative team this season.
We never know how it works out when trying to look down the road, but I'm thinking we may have witnessed a major turning point for Tulane's program when Banks somehow got back into the Army game and scored that winning touchdown.
Your sense of its importance at the time was likely on target. If so, we'll be able to talk about it for a long time."

Then later today I'm out running errands and I go to the Walgreens on Elysian Fields. I walk in and a guy says "Y'all had a great game yesterday!". I had no clue what he was talking about until I realized I was wearing a Tulane t-shirt. :shock:

I really think if we can win @ FIU and get to 4-2 there will really start to be a local "buzz" about Tulane.
Its just so nice to have faith in the guys on the sidelines with the headsets on. I have all faith in Coach Fritz and his system.
And I really do think we will look back at that drive against Army as the turning point in the Willie Fritz era.

This is fun! Roll Wave! :-D
My name is T. J. Acosta and I approve this message!
Private Joker
Coach Level

Re: Win and people notice...

Unread post by Private Joker »

We might have the best team in the State of Louisiana this year. Our two losses are to teams with a combined record of 9-1. But we still have a lot of games to win to prove it.
TulaneRebel
Navigator Level

Unread post by TulaneRebel »

As someone said in another thread, if we take care of business @ FIU, we could have a huge matchup against USF in Yulman. I daresay a matchup in which we should be competitive.

I would worry in the Scelfo/Toledo/CJ years about a letdown against a lesser opponent. I'm not too concerned this year.
Uptown, LA
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Unread post by GreenieBacker »

I've written before that there a lot of locals that really want to see us do well. They'll notice and celebrate our success.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
Private Joker
Coach Level

Unread post by Private Joker »

GreenieBacker wrote:I've written before that there a lot of locals that really want to see us do well. They'll notice and celebrate our success.
If we beat FIU, it will be interesting to see how many people show up for USF.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Unread post by GreenieBacker »

I don't know if the casual fan or even the lapsed fan will buy in just yet. It took decades to get here and it will take a little more time for those fans to conclude that we're actually serious about football again. Now I do expect an uptick in students as well as those fans who only make a game or two each year. That should result in a bigger turnout than normal. I also don't know how well USF fans travel. A trip to New Orleans may be appealing to them.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.