FIU

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
Carolina Greenie
Navigator Level

Re: FIU

Post by Carolina Greenie »

Yes there was a variety of “premium” beers in addition to bud light at the Wake Forest tailgate. As well as fairly good Carolina cue. On top of that i walked away with a nifty Tulane branded beer opener and TU car magnet. Besides getting to hang out with some others wearing Green.
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Post by Rotorooter »

Johnny Mac wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:Isn't $45 of Bud Light like a whole keg?
Roto or Roller will have to back me up on this, but I think they had better beer than Bud Light at the Wake Forest tailgate.. they served beer in the stadium and in the bar after the game, so I don't have a strong recollection of what beer was available.. I do remember we had really good BBQ though
Not a beer snob, so Bud Light, Corona or Yuengling is just fine by me, which I think the most exotic thing they had there was Heineken. The BBQ was good, but I almost forgot to eat because of all the kibitzing I was doing--which was the point of the whole d@mn thing in the first place. The beer just made the event more....interesting. I do believe they ran out of beer by kickoff--which is a cardinal sin in my book. Anyway, I hope everyone enjoys the game and hope the weather (or FIU) doesn't spoil things.
Plan your work, work your plan.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

I’m not a beer snob, and will drink cheap (and often do at tailgate). But if they charge me 45+ they better not hand me a bud light.

We’ve done the alumni tailgate a few times in Houston, and that has been cheaper and fairly good food

But sometimes things cost more based on the location, size crowd, etc. if it’s more than I found it to be worth I just wouldn’t do it. Walk around and enjoy their tailgate scene, or tailgate at a bar, or at ones own car. It’s hardly a high crime or even a misdeameanor tho charge more than I find it to be worth.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

Victory is never permanent
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

The majority of the posters on that board are taking Tulane by 20 to 30 points, some even more. They know their own team and they know they're getting smoked Saturday.

And we have people here worried we're gonna lose. Chris Scelfo is not walking through that door. Neither is Bob Toledo, nor Curtis Johnson.
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Post by AO Sig »

Carolina Greenie wrote:Yes there was a variety of “premium” beers in addition to bud light at the Wake Forest tailgate. As well as fairly good Carolina cue. On top of that i walked away with a nifty Tulane branded beer opener and TU car magnet. Besides getting to hang out with some others wearing Green.
My only beef was that there was not enough beer at the Wake Forest Tailgate party. We ended up switching to a wine that was a "Tuesday was a good vintage" calibre, IMHO.
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

AO Sig wrote:
Carolina Greenie wrote:Yes there was a variety of “premium” beers in addition to bud light at the Wake Forest tailgate. As well as fairly good Carolina cue. On top of that i walked away with a nifty Tulane branded beer opener and TU car magnet. Besides getting to hang out with some others wearing Green.
My only beef was that there was not enough beer at the Wake Forest Tailgate party. We ended up switching to a wine that was a "Tuesday was a good vintage" calibre, IMHO.
The OU game had local craft brews and MORE than enough
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

Hey, it ain't about what Frick'n beer brand they serve. It's about getting together with a group of fellow Greenies in support of the team playing the game. OK, so I don't like Coors Light. Well every Frick'n time I was in the AD's Turchin Box what beer was available - Coors Light. I hate Coors Light. Did it stop me from contributing to Athletics - no. Again, it ain't about the beer brand.
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Post by AO Sig »

sr wrote:Hey, it ain't about what Frick'n beer brand they serve. It's about getting together with a group of fellow Greenies in support of the team playing the game. OK, so I don't like Coors Light. Well every Frick'n time I was in the AD's Turchin Box what beer was available - Coors Light. I hate Coors Light. Did it stop me from contributing to Athletics - no. Again, it ain't about the beer brand.
I agree; the Wake Forest pregame get together brought a bunch of us that are regulars here together. Getting together with Roller any place, any time that is Tulane linked is always a pleasure, and this time we didn't have any threats thrown at us! We posted pics last year; I personally would love it if any of y'all get some pictures of fellow YOGWF'ers and post them

I just wish that they had a bit more beer in Winston Salem last year, that's all...
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
Roller
Cornerstone

Post by Roller »

AO Sig wrote:
sr wrote:Hey, it ain't about what Frick'n beer brand they serve. It's about getting together with a group of fellow Greenies in support of the team playing the game. OK, so I don't like Coors Light. Well every Frick'n time I was in the AD's Turchin Box what beer was available - Coors Light. I hate Coors Light. Did it stop me from contributing to Athletics - no. Again, it ain't about the beer brand.
I agree; the Wake Forest pregame get together brought a bunch of us that are regulars here together. Getting together with Roller any place, any time that is Tulane linked is always a pleasure, and this time we didn't have any threats thrown at us! We posted pics last year; I personally would love it if any of y'all get some pictures of fellow YOGWF'ers and post them

I just wish that they had a bit more beer in Winston Salem last year, that's all...
+1

Document the party (as long as you're behaving legally). Don't be shy; post your mug for everyone to know you by.
GSx
Emerald Circle

Post by GSx »

PeteRasche wrote:
And we have people here worried we're gonna lose. Chris Scelfo is not walking through that door. Neither is Bob Toledo, nor Curtis Johnson.
It's hard to get around it. the last time I felt this euphoric about Tulane football was the last time I walked into Tad Gormley stadium...
and then I see S Alabama as an 18 point puppy beating the hell out of tiger-slayer Troy...
Just nervousness...
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

GSx wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:
It's hard to get around it. the last time I felt this euphoric about Tulane football was the last time I walked into Tad Gormley stadium...
and then I see S Alabama as an 18 point puppy beating the hell out of tiger-slayer Troy...
Just nervousness...
You can't read the clippings. Troy is the flattest team I seen in a long while. Dumb call by S. Alabama there. Kick the FG.
Last edited by sr on Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

PeteRasche wrote:
The majority of the posters on that board are taking Tulane by 20 to 30 points, some even more. They know their own team and they know they're getting smoked Saturday.

I really like how their prediction threads are a contest with a real prize. It keeps people making real predictions rather than hopeful homerism. And that keeps the prediction threads more interesting.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

WaveProf wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:

I really like how their prediction threads are a contest with a real prize. It keeps people making real predictions rather than hopeful homerism. And that keeps the prediction threads more interesting.
Is the prize Coors Light? :mrgreen:
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

TUPF wrote:
WaveProf wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:

Can't be, RD is no longer signing the tab .... :green wink:
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

sr wrote:
TUPF wrote:
WaveProf wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:

Can't be, RD is no longer signing the tab .... :green wink:
Was he ever at FIU? And why was he running their fan message board pick 'em contest? :-D
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

All gas, no brakes

something Banks coined that the Offense has adopted. I like it, much better than the one yard and a cloud of dust that we saw previously around here.

http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/20 ... iver_index
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
CT Wave
Coach Level

Post by CT Wave »

TUPF wrote:
WaveProf wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:

Drinking Coors Light is like making love in a canoe. :oops: :green wink:
"You're not here on scholarship to lose. I didn't recruit you to lose. Losing is abnormal; losing is unusual; losing is unacceptable. That's not what we're here for."
Bob Knight
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

CT Wave wrote:
TUPF wrote:
WaveProf wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:

Drinking Coors Light is like making love in a canoe. :oops: :green wink:
Exactly.
Charlie Dunn
Navigator Level

Post by Charlie Dunn »

Looks like you can watch Tulane v. FIU on CUSA Tv for $6.95.
FW
Cornerstone

Post by FW »

All white unis vs. FIU with white helmets.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

Charlie Dunn wrote:Looks like you can watch Tulane v. FIU on CUSA Tv for $6.95.
Several discussions about it. According to CUSA fans on Twitter, that service is horrible and someone posted that it may be just video with no announcers (which is fine if you can synch Graf).
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
enviro5609
Navigator Level

Post by enviro5609 »

waverider wrote:
Charlie Dunn wrote:Looks like you can watch Tulane v. FIU on CUSA Tv for $6.95.
Several discussions about it. According to CUSA fans on Twitter, that service is horrible and someone posted that it may be just video with no announcers (which is fine if you can synch Graf).
Think back to All Acess days. (I’ve tried to purge those memories). It’s probably just the feed from the big board in the stadium. With all the inherent flaws and glitches. If we get announcers, it will be whatever radio coverage they get in Boca. If the game isn’t on the radio, then probably no announcers.
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Post by wavedom »

In this instance it's worth $7 to try and hope for the best.
We deserve so much better
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

Synching with Graff never seems to work. One is always faster than the other. I'd rather their radio announcers or no sound at all.