Choices, choices, choices (10/21/17)

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Choices, choices, choices (10/21/17)

Unread post by Fan Since '54 »

There are several game choices today for viewing pleasure. For me there are 3 available.

1) Tulane vs USF @ Tulane Stadium
2) NY Yankees @ Houston Astros for the American League championship and a trip to the World Series
3) Pittsburgh Penguins @ Tampa Bay Lightning

All three teams listed first above are my favorite teams in their field. Trouble is that all three of those games begin at 6:00PM CST. :roll: Tulane is my first option, but if bad weather rules the day here in the Big Easy, my TV remote channel changer button will get a firm workout tonight.

'54
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Re: Choices, choices, choices (10/21/17)

Unread post by TUPF »

A veritable cornucopia!
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Baywave1 »

Thursday night during the ESPN telecast of UM-UH football, announcer mentioned that it was the only day of the year that had NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB and FBS games playing concurrently. DVR was busy.

BTW Fox execs are praying hard for Yankees-Dodgers WS to have boomer ratings. Let's see if Astros disappoint them.
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Baywave1 wrote:Thursday night during the ESPN telecast of UM-UH football, announcer mentioned that it was the only day of the year that had NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB and FBS games playing concurrently. DVR was busy.

BTW Fox execs are praying hard for Yankees-Dodgers WS to have boomer ratings. Let's see if Astros disappoint them.
Alright! A battle between the New York Yankees and the Brooklyn Dodgers. Can't wait. :lol:

'54
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Unread post by WaveProf »

An early year NHL game up against the ALCS game 7 and a midseason, potentially season defining college football game? This isn't even my usual anti-hockey rhetoric, but I think that one shouldn't even be close!
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

WaveProf wrote:An early year NHL game up against the ALCS game 7 and a midseason, potentially season defining college football game? This isn't even my usual anti-hockey rhetoric, but I think that one shouldn't even be close!

So it's the ALCS. Good choice. :thumbsup:

FS'54