Saints 2017

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
doncecco
President's Circle

Re: Saints 2017

Post by doncecco »

Johnny Mac wrote:
I believe that was Gregg Williams' final game as a Saints coach.. correct?
Yep, which brings up the interesting woulda coulda, if they go on and beat the Giants and Pats, and then Bountygate hits the SB Champ less than a month afterward, hmmm.......
Bring home da Wave!
MattK
President's Circle

Post by MattK »

That was an ugly first half, but this team has been looking like an actual football team for a while now.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

I'll just preemptively start talking smack.
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
doncecco
President's Circle

Post by doncecco »

windywave wrote:I'll just preemptively start talking smack.
First of all, thank you da Bears for smacking Cam around today. Anytime Cam can get smacked around, it's a good thing.

The Bears are a nice surprise, and to think, they had Atlanta on the ropes as well in Week 1. So this is a typical Saints feeling too good about themselves game, coming home to the Dome, and could get ambushed. And no Cutler to hamper Chicago.

But this Saints team does seem a little different, more like the 2006 team, which I think is a good thing. The 2009/2011 teams were more living on the edge - flashy and always counting on the big play. This team seems much more like pound it with Ingram (see Deuce) and throw out to a WR or Kamara every now and then. That means more ball control and better for the D. 2009/11 seemed like they would score so fast and make the big play so often, the D was always in a whirlwind, and thus you get the ending of the Divisional game at SF.

I think it will be a decent game, but Drew will outdo the rook and be the difference. Tight game, with Saints pulling away late.
Bring home da Wave!
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

I think the difference will be the Saints defense pressuring Trubisky into mistakes.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

Keep talking boys, I want plenty of crow for the BBQ because there is no way we should win the game on paper.
#cousins don't count
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

windywave wrote:Keep talking boys, I want plenty of crow for the BBQ because there is no way we should win the game on paper.
Why not? Bears are limited offensively but have a good defense. Saints are hardly some sort of juggernaut...I'd give the Bears ~50% chance to win if they win turnover battle.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

Johnny Mac wrote:
ml wave wrote:
doncecco wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
doncecco wrote:If Fleener could ever be consistent and not play hide and seek, these weapons are as strong as any year except maybe 2011 (Colston, Sproles, Thomas, Moore and Graham may be the most talented offensive group outside of maybe the Steelers or Niners SB teams).
that was an explosive unit.. remember the last quarter of the playoff loss to the 49ers? Saints would have won the Super Bowl that year if Roman Harper had just played his position on that final SF drive.
Or Scott Shanle.
Just needed not to blitz on that drive. 9ers couldn't get out of their own way and clock was going to run out unless we gave them a big play...
Yeah
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

ml wave wrote:
windywave wrote:Keep talking boys, I want plenty of crow for the BBQ because there is no way we should win the game on paper.
Why not? Bears are limited offensively but have a good defense. Saints are hardly some sort of juggernaut...I'd give the Bears ~50% chance to win if they win turnover battle.
The defense is substandard for a bears team. Look I want us to win, but the over under qas 5.5 going into the season cor a reason
#cousins don't count
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

windywave wrote:
ml wave wrote:
The defense is substandard for a bears team. Look I want us to win, but the over under qas 5.5 going into the season cor a reason
Saints offense is relatively substandard as well. Saints are and should be favored, but this isn't some David/Goliath matchup.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

ml wave wrote:
windywave wrote:
ml wave wrote:
Saints offense is relatively substandard as well. Saints are and should be favored, but this isn't some David/Goliath matchup.
Trying to sandbag I see
#cousins don't count
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

windywave wrote:
ml wave wrote:
But this isn't sandbagging. OK...
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

long green wrote:
windywave wrote:
ml wave wrote:
But isn't that what you would say if you were sandbagging?
#cousins don't count
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

windywave wrote:
long green wrote:
windywave wrote:
ml wave wrote:
5.5? In Chicago maybe ? Saints by 8.5 and I'll take the over. The Bears are terrible. Trubisky is a star on my bad QB league team. He had 4 completions in a win. 4. The saints will win by 20.
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

gerryb323 wrote:
windywave wrote:
long green wrote:
windywave wrote:
ml wave wrote:
5.5? In Chicago maybe ? Saints by 8.5 and I'll take the over. The Bears are terrible. Trubisky is a star on my bad QB league team. He had 4 completions in a win. 4. The saints will win by 20.
5.5 total season wins for the Bears. Do not know this line
#cousins don't count
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

windywave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
windywave wrote:
long green wrote:
windywave wrote:
ml wave wrote:
5.5 total season wins for the Bears. Do not know this line
Ah. Looks like the line is 7.5. or at least it opened that way.
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
IM42lane
Breaker Level

Post by IM42lane »

Keep this up and running in 2017. Thank you for starting the posting.
A.S. Madere ("Pete")
2005 Dennis Drive
Hammond, LA 70401-1519

Email: IM42lane@yahoo.com
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

IM42lane wrote:Keep this up and running in 2017. Thank you for starting the posting.
So that the Bears crushing the Saints will be immortalized? Sure thing.
#cousins don't count
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

windywave wrote:
IM42lane wrote:Keep this up and running in 2017. Thank you for starting the posting.
Quick turn from underdog of the century to crushing the Saints, n'est-ce pas?
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

ml wave wrote:
windywave wrote:
Quick turn from underdog of the century to crushing the Saints, n'est-ce pas?
I'm just foreshadowing the smack talk
#cousins don't count
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

doncecco wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:
Yep, which brings up the interesting woulda coulda, if they go on and beat the Giants and Pats, and then Bountygate hits the SB Champ less than a month afterward, hmmm.......
I also remembered the other day Pierre Thomas got knocked out of the game on the first drive, fumbling in the process on the goal line... so many woulda shoulda couldas

BTW, they would have faced the Giants in New Orleans.. I don't think it would have been an "if" as far as beating them.. it was the Pats they would have struggled with
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

gerryb323 wrote:The Bears are terrible. Trubisky is a star on my bad QB league team. He had 4 completions in a win. 4. The saints will win by 20.
He had 7 pass attempts... my buddy commented "Jonathan Banks type stats"

What NFL team throws only 7 passes in a sunny weather game?

Bears had 175 yards of total offense
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

Johnny Mac wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:The Bears are terrible. Trubisky is a star on my bad QB league team. He had 4 completions in a win. 4. The saints will win by 20.
He had 7 pass attempts... my buddy commented "Jonathan Banks type stats"

What NFL team throws only 7 passes in a sunny weather game?

Bears had 175 yards of total offense
A winning one?
#cousins don't count
wave-em in
President's Circle

Post by wave-em in »

windywave wrote: A winning one?
Blind squirrel mean anything to you?
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

wave-em in wrote:
windywave wrote: A winning one?
Blind squirrel mean anything to you?
So when the blind squirrel wins again this week, you want your crow smoked or grilles?
#cousins don't count