Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:50 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:54 pm
Posts: 5901
Location: Dripping Springs
All times Eastern


Tuesday, Nov. 7

Akron at Miami (Ohio) | 7:30 p.m. | ESPN2
Bowling Green at Buffalo | 7:30 p.m. | ESPNU

Wednesday, Nov. 8

Kent State at Western Michigan | 7 p.m. | CBS Sports Network
Toledo at Ohio | 7 p.m. | ESPN2
Eastern Michigan at Central Michigan | 8 p.m. | ESPNU

Thursday, Nov. 9

Ball State at Northern Illinois | 7 p.m. | CBS Sports Network
Georgia Southern at Appalachian State | 7:30 p.m. | ESPNU
North Carolina at Pittsburgh | 7:30 p.m. | ESPN

Friday, Nov. 10

Temple at Cincinnati | 7 p.m. | ESPN2
Washington at Stanford | 10:30 p.m. | FS1
BYU at UNLV | 10:30 p.m. | ESPN2

Saturday, Nov. 11

Michigan State at Ohio State | Noon | FOX
Rutgers at Penn State | Noon | Big Ten Network
Connecticut at UCF | Noon | ESPNU
Arkansas at LSU | Noon | ESPN
NC State at Boston College | Noon | ABC/ESPN2
Duke at Army | Noon | CBS Sports Network
Texas Tech at Baylor | Noon | FOX Sports Go
Louisiana L at Ole Miss | Noon | SEC Network
Florida at South Carolina | Noon | CBS
Indiana at Illinois | Noon | Big Ten Network
Nebraska at Minnesota | Noon | Big Ten Network

Virginia Tech at Georgia Tech | 12:20 p.m. | ACC Network
Middle Tennessee at Charlotte | 2 p.m. | ESPN3
Wake Forest at Syracuse | 3 p.m. | ACC Network
Georgia at Auburn | 3:30 p.m. | CBS
Florida State at Clemson | 3:30 p.m. | ESPN
Iowa at Wisconsin | 3:30 p.m. | ABC
Virginia at Louisville | 3:30 p.m. | ESPNU
Michigan at Maryland | 3:30 p.m. | Big Ten Network
West Virginia at Kansas State | 3:30 p.m. | ESPN2
SMU at Navy | 3:30 p.m. | CBS Sports Network

USC at Colorado | 4 p.m. | FOX
Maine at UMass | 4 p.m. | Eleven Sports
Georgia State at Texas State | 4 p.m. | ESPN3
San Jose State at Nevada | 4 p.m. | ESPN3
Kentucky at Vanderbilt | 4 p.m. | SEC Network
Troy at Coastal Carolina | 4:30 p.m. | ESPN3
Arkansas State at South Alabama | 5 p.m. | ESPN3
UTEP at North Texas | 5 p.m. | ESPN3
Washington State at Utah | 5:30 p.m. | Pac-12 Network

Kansas at Texas | 6 p.m. | Longhorn Network
Western Kentucky at Marshall | 6:30 p.m. | beIN SPORTS
Tulane at East Carolina | 7 p.m. | CBS Sports Network
Alabama at Mississippi State | 7 p.m. | ESPN
New Mexico at Texas A&M | 7 p.m. | ESPNU
Purdue at Northwestern | 7 p.m. | ESPN2
Tennessee at Missouri | 7:30 p.m. | SEC Network
Notre Dame at Miami (Florida) | 8 p.m. | ABC
TCU at Oklahoma | 8 p.m. | FOX
Arizona State at UCLA | 9:30 p.m. | Pac-12 Network
Oregon State at Arizona | 10 p.m. | ESPN2
Wyoming at Air Force | 10:15 p.m. | ESPNU
Boise State at Colorado State | 10:30 p.m. | CBS Sports Network


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:16 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 19169
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Ooh, it's conFLiCT week! I guess we know where College Football Gameday will be! :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:11 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:32 am
Posts: 6915
Location: Wisconsin
PeteRasche wrote:
Ooh, it's conFLiCT week! I guess we know where College Football Gameday will be! :lol:

Yep ....... Iowa at Wisconsin !! Farm Animal Battle ..... :wink: :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:05 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Posts: 20101
Location: North Kenner
Apparently Joe Alleva tried to prevent that 11am start. Like most of the sec, Arkansas is horrible, but if they were to pull out the upset, the crying will flood small streams.

Image

_________________
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:37 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:54 pm
Posts: 5901
Location: Dripping Springs
waverider wrote:
Apparently Joe Alleva tried to prevent that 11am start. Like most of the sec, Arkansas is horrible, but if they were to pull out the upset, the crying will flood small streams.

Image

So they are shuffling Florida St. at Clemson or Alabama at Miss State......


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:58 pm 
Offline
Crest Level

Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:27 am
Posts: 105
College football is controlled too much by the TV dictators . There is really no need to have Tue., Wed., and Thu. games. I question how many people all over the country actually view any of those contests when their team is not scheduled to play during those days.

I also hate morning games (noon EST). I long for the days when college football was played only on Saturday afternoons and nights.

Of course, we will never return to that type of thinking, since TV has to have these game times to over-advertise every type of junk merchandise that is imaginable. Money, money, and more money, ... that is what drives everything, doesn't it?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:01 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 19169
Location: Cincinnati, OH
IM42lane wrote:
College football is controlled too much by the TV dictators . There is really no need to have Tue., Wed., and Thu. games. I question how many people all over the country actually view any of those contests when their team is not scheduled to play during those days.

I also hate morning games (noon EST). I long for the days when college football was played only on Saturday afternoons and nights.

Of course, we will never return to that type of thinking, since TV has to have these game times to over-advertise every type of junk merchandise that is imaginable. Money, money, and more money, ... that is what drives everything, doesn't it?

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:08 pm 
Online
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:13 pm
Posts: 17812
Location: Chicago
IM42lane wrote:
College football is controlled too much by the TV dictators . There is really no need to have Tue., Wed., and Thu. games. I question how many people all over the country actually view any of those contests when their team is not scheduled to play during those days.

I also hate morning games (noon EST). I long for the days when college football was played only on Saturday afternoons and nights.

Of course, we will never return to that type of thinking, since TV has to have these game times to over-advertise every type of junk merchandise that is imaginable. Money, money, and more money, ... that is what drives everything, doesn't it?


Evidently you forgot the fact most BIG 10 games always kicked off at 11AM back in the day


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:47 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:20 pm
Posts: 20101
Location: North Kenner
Army is now 8-2. There 2 losses are Ohio St and Tulane.

_________________
Tulane Greenbackers

"It's my job to prepare the coaches. It's their job is to prepare the players and the players' job is to play lights out." Willie Fritz

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:52 pm 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Posts: 3340
Location: Wichita
Holy Auburn!

Miss St leading Bama.

Chaos ensues.

_________________
#stopbunting


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:09 pm 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Posts: 3340
Location: Wichita
Man, does Butch Jones even make it to the bus?

_________________
#stopbunting


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:53 pm 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Posts: 3340
Location: Wichita
Ms st holds on to lose

_________________
#stopbunting


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:55 pm 
Offline
Cornerstone
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:30 pm
Posts: 29723
Location: Way ahead of you
gerryb323 wrote:
Man, does Butch Jones even make it to the bus?
Even if he does, they may not let him get on.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:10 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 19169
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Miami ending the Irish dream. Oklahoma making a statement against TCU that might push them into the playoff (especially in light of Georgia getting smoked).

Craziness: if Auburn wins the Iron Bowl, they win the SEC West (tie with Alabama but have tiebreak) and the SEC title game is a rematch of tonight. But could both get in, in the same way people thought Alabama and Georgia would? Or is there even some bizarro world situation where the SEC CG winner from that game and the loser of the Iron Bowl both get in (i.e. Auburn wins Iron Bowl, wins SEC CG, and Alabama still sneaks in as number four)?

It's also possible that if the ACC title game is a hard fought close game that Miami wins, both Clemson and Miami get in.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:13 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:34 am
Posts: 24266
Location: New Orleans
Hats all the way off to Miami. I guess Al Golden must have been a better recruiter than we thought.

_________________
You want experience running the entire show? You got it. You want someone young and energetic? You got it. You wanted someone with absolutely no ties to Cowen/Dickson? You got it. - TU23


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:05 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:19 pm
Posts: 9207
PeteRasche wrote:
Miami ending the Irish dream. Oklahoma making a statement against TCU that might push them into the playoff (especially in light of Georgia getting smoked).

Craziness: if Auburn wins the Iron Bowl, they win the SEC West (tie with Alabama but have tiebreak) and the SEC title game is a rematch of tonight. But could both get in, in the same way people thought Alabama and Georgia would? Or is there even some bizarro world situation where the SEC CG winner from that game and the loser of the Iron Bowl both get in (i.e. Auburn wins Iron Bowl, wins SEC CG, and Alabama still sneaks in as number four)?

It's also possible that if the ACC title game is a hard fought close game that Miami wins, both Clemson and Miami get in.

I prefer GA loses to Ga Tech, beats Auburn, Bama gets to playoff...just to further enrage the local Saban haters.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 1309th WAVE and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group