ECU

Join other Green Wave fans to follow the games together in attom's Living Room and to report game scores. BYOB
(Use this forum for in-game updates and scores for ALL games for ALL teams, not just Tulane)
Man in Green
Regent's Circle

Re: ECU

Post by Man in Green »

They got every call
"Don't hit me with those negative waves so early in the morning" Oddball to Moriarty in Kelly's Heroes
Roller
Cornerstone

Post by Roller »

The ball was fumbled into the endzone, where a Tulane player touched it before it went OB.

But the referees, paid to help ECU, blow the call.
BACONWAVE
Navigator Level

Post by BACONWAVE »

Holy Crapoli!!!!!
You're killin' me Smalls!!!
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

This one belongs to the Wave!
Victory is never permanent
Roller
Cornerstone

Post by Roller »

OGSB wrote:This one belongs to the Wave!
:bluecrowd:
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Post by AO Sig »

Amazing finish!!!! Two fourth and goal plays thwarted by the Tulane defense late in the game
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
Roller
Cornerstone

Post by Roller »

Had to beat the referees to get a W
MattK
President's Circle

Post by MattK »

Roller wrote:The ball was fumbled into the endzone, where a Tulane player touched it before it went OB.

That guy didn't fumble. But they did owe us a call.

Can't believe they went jumbo, under center, run up the middle on 4th down.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

MattK wrote:
Roller wrote:The ball was fumbled into the endzone, where a Tulane player touched it before it went OB.

If you can't get half a yard, you don't deserve to win
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
MattK
President's Circle

Post by MattK »

windywave wrote:
MattK wrote:

If you can't get half a yard, you don't deserve to win
I'm thankful they did it.
Cheerleader
Coach Level

Post by Cheerleader »

I am always amazed at coaches who do that on fourth and half yard. You see it in almost every game and it only works about half the time. It would be much easier to fake it and bootleg the qb like Banks did on fourth and one at the 16. I don't understand it when we do it either. I think it is a football ego thing...if you can't beat them at the line of scrimmage you don't deserve to win. You have to put aside your ego and use misdirection.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

Cheerleader wrote:I am always amazed at coaches who do that on fourth and half yard. You see it in almost every game and it only works about half the time. It would be much easier to fake it and bootleg the qb like Banks did on fourth and one at the 16. I don't understand it when we do it either. I think it is a football ego thing...if you can't beat them at the line of scrimmage you don't deserve to win. You have to put aside your ego and use misdirection.
Agree big time. I even see it in high school. The fake up the gut then QB rollout works about 90% of the time.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

TUPF wrote:
Cheerleader wrote:I am always amazed at coaches who do that on fourth and half yard. You see it in almost every game and it only works about half the time. It would be much easier to fake it and bootleg the qb like Banks did on fourth and one at the 16. I don't understand it when we do it either. I think it is a football ego thing...if you can't beat them at the line of scrimmage you don't deserve to win. You have to put aside your ego and use misdirection.
Agree big time. I even see it in high school. The fake up the gut then QB rollout works about 90% of the time.
Because the defensive end/LB crashes on the FB. It's human nature. Who wants to be maintaining "discipline" on the QB and/or option man when stopping the dive wins the game? I bet Tulane's guys did the same thing against ECU in OT.

Remember TU got stuffed against UC several times running up the middle on short yardage downs to our detriment. They picked the perfect time in OT to fake it.

It's like you're the last out batting in a baseball game with tying/winning run on base. Pitcher knows you will not take a third strike to end the game so it expands the strike zone and the pitcher takes advantage of it.

I'm not criticizing the coaches. Going after one yard in the most direct manner does make sense. You just have to know on the margin when to depart from it. Tulane did last night.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

TUPF wrote:
Except everybody does it
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Drew Brees and the Saints handle this the best. He just jumps up and sticks the ball over the goal line. 60% of the time it works every time.
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone