Okay, is it too early...

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Okay, is it too early...

Post by Fan Since '54 »

...to say that the Saints are Super Bowl Contenders? I say no.

Fan since '54
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Re: Okay, is it too early...

Post by TUPF »

NFC Championship first: Saints at Eagles.

Santa WILL be booed. :-D
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
doncecco
President's Circle

Post by doncecco »

You win 7 straight games and then do that on the road, to a non-powder puff team, what more can you do to prove it?

If you stack up the NFC, the Saints will be up against the Eagles, Rams, and Vikes. 2 of them are teams who feel like it's a bit too soon for them, or their QBs as least, and the 3rd are starting Case Keenum. Which QB would you rather have in pressure moments in a playoff game?

Saints are very much in a good position, but too many left to play.
Bring home da Wave!
doncecco
President's Circle

Post by doncecco »

Bring home da Wave!
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

Saints are lucky I'm not their GM. With DB's contract where he can walk after this year and is 39 and the Saints playing really bad and tanking in their first two games, I would have been a seller and tried to get something for him in trade in September. Maybe that's why I don't play fantasy football anymore either...... :lol:

Regardless, well earned by the Saints. Makes living around here more fun.
doncecco
President's Circle

Post by doncecco »

Baywave1 wrote:Saints are lucky I'm not their GM. With DB's contract where he can walk after this year and is 39 and the Saints playing really bad and tanking in their first two games, I would have been a seller and tried to get something for him in trade in September. Maybe that's why I don't play fantasy football anymore either...... :lol:

Regardless, well earned by the Saints. Makes living around here more fun.
Totally agree. I am the #1 Drew Brees apologist for his big contract while several friends have insisted he was overpaid and his contract was the reason the D sucked (I guess they were wrong). But even I had the same thought, that it was time, mid-September.

Now I'm more inclined to believe that we're in for another run comparable to 2009-11, especially if #9 only has to do what he did yesterday to come away with a 40 point win on the road.

Who Dat!
Bring home da Wave!
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

Watching that game on Sunday, I was completely flabbergasted how well the Saints were doing. They simply "took the Bills behind the woodshed". And when the Bills started the game with a very impressive first drive and score, I said to myself "Oh boy, this is not good". But by the time the Saints were kneeling to end the game, I had decided they were Super Bowl contenders and it was time to pose that question here. What a difference three hours can make. Realistically that was just one game, but it came on the back of 6 straight wins. Who Dat!!!

And remember that after 0-2, the media was saying that Payton was on the ropes. Don't here that any more. :roll:

Fan since '54
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

next couple of games are a litmus test for the Saints.. Skins have their backs against the wall and can beat anyone on any given week... then Saints go to LA to play an offense that has been lighting teams up this year... If the Saints win both of these games, I honestly can't think of a team in the league that will beat them.. not even Philly, in Philly.
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

We shall see.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
doncecco
President's Circle

Post by doncecco »

Fan Since '54 wrote:Watching that game on Sunday, I was completely flabbergasted how well the Saints were doing. They simply "took the Bills behind the woodshed". And when the Bills started the game with a very impressive first drive and score, I said to myself "Oh boy, this is not good". But by the time the Saints were kneeling to end the game, I had decided they were Super Bowl contenders and it was time to pose that question here. What a difference three hours can make. Realistically that was just one game, but it came on the back of 6 straight wins. Who Dat!!!

And remember that after 0-2, the media was saying that Payton was on the ropes. Don't here that any more. :roll:

Fan since '54
That was the most convincing road win since they wen't to old Jerruh World in '06 and laid the wood on Bill Parcells and the Cowboys. I remember thinking that night we had a SB contender, and fell just short.

I'm not sure Philly will hold up with the line injuries, but have a favorable schedule playout with no Zeke/Smith in Dallas, Skins fading, and NYG already quit. That's 3 more wins, plus they get the Bears and Raiders at home, so they should be at 13. I see the Saints losing at LA and one of the Falcons/Panthers/Bucs games as they are prone to do, so 12-4, maybe 11-5. The key is to finish ahead of LA and Minn to get the bye, and may still have to go to Philly for the NFCC.
Bring home da Wave!
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Post by Fan Since '54 »

Destiny awaits!!!

Fan since '54