4+ wins

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
FW
Cornerstone

Re: 4+ wins

Unread post by FW »

We haven't improved as much as I expected, but I'm going to judge after year 3. I honestly think Banks makes a huge jump next year. We have 13 seniors and 1 grad transfer. 11 of those play key roles, but as good as Hilliard is, and he is, I think the running game will be in good hands with Dauphine, Bradwell and Huderson. The TEs will be good, and the WRs will be good. The OL can't be worse. My worry is the defense regressing, but though losing Parry and Franklin, I think the DBs will improve overall because I like the young talent. Anyway, last year's 4-8 should have been 6-6, and this year's 4-6, should be 5-5 right now. Again, not great or even good, but I don't see Toledo or CJ here.
long green
Cornerstone

Unread post by long green »

The DL will be young but we'll probably have more in the way of "numbers" on the field. I hope that makes a positive difference. We can't replace Parry with a player as good but we'll have some options for the corner spot opposite Lewis. We also need someone to step up as a pass rusher.

Banks' current big gap is completing downfield passes to wide open receivers and deep balls, generally. It's like his eyes go BIG when he sees someone breaking free and his mechanics go to pieces. That is something that does often improve over time. Tanner Lee was strictly line drives on deep passes his first year but he got noticeably better at dropping it in there his second year here. No reason Banks can't also do this.

No wait, Banks' current big gap is also running the full triple option, too.

The OL needs to keep getting better. We need one of the two redshirting true freshmen to make the move to full-timer or the next best thing. If one of next year's OL signees makes a contribution that will be nice, too.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
waverider
Cornerstone

Unread post by waverider »

As it's been for quite a few years now, the OL will continue to be a worry. I was getting confused at your Banks assessment until you corrected yourself. If Banks could just get the "pitch/keep" aspect down he could be effective.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
IM42lane
Breaker Level

Unread post by IM42lane »

FW wrote: We haven't improved as much as I expected, but I'm going to judge after year 3 . I honestly think Banks makes a huge jump next year. We have 13 seniors and 1 grad transfer. 11 of those play key roles, but as good as Hilliard is, and he is, I think the running game will be in good hands with Dauphine, Bradwell and Huderson. The TEs will be good, and the WRs will be good. The OL can't be worse. My worry is the defense regressing, but though losing Parry and Franklin, I think the DBs will improve overall because I like the young talent. Anyway, last year's 4-8 should have been 6-6, and this year's 4-6, should be 5-5 right now . Again, not great or even good, but I don't see Toledo or CJ here.
Losing the U/C game was very disappointing to me and many others. That was a very winnable league game. People would really be excited if Tulane's record right now was AAC: 3-3 & ALL: 5-5.

Tulane's PASSING game must improve if it wants to keep up with the rest of this league when it comes to scoring ability. Next year, Fritz really should play the QB who is the best at a consistent passing game. If you can achieve a BALANCED offensive attack, then you can legitimately talk about going to postseason next year and ending up with a winning record
A.S. Madere ("Pete")
2005 Dennis Drive
Hammond, LA 70401-1519

Email: IM42lane@yahoo.com
2palmer0
Riptide Level

Unread post by 2palmer0 »

Has anyone else noticed that Banks is sometimes rubbing his chest/shoulder after long throws? I've seen it in just about every game and I wonder if he's still not right from the injury early in the season. It's seems to be at least affecting him in his head. I haven't seen this mentioned but apologies if I've missed it.
waverider
Cornerstone

Unread post by waverider »

2palmer0 wrote:Has anyone else noticed that Banks is sometimes rubbing his chest/shoulder after long throws? I've seen it in just about every game and I wonder if he's still not right from the injury early in the season. It's seems to be at least affecting him in his head. I haven't seen this mentioned but apologies if I've missed it.
I've noticed it and when I watched the coach's show I thought about it and wanted to bring it up here so I'm glad you reminded me.
I was wondering too if he's not 100% (many guys aren't 100% this late in the season) but it appears that the shoulder is really bothering him as he rubs under his arm pit and rotates his shoulder, often with a grimace on his face. I've noticed it after he's gotten tackled as well.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Unread post by GreenieBacker »

that's the thing about a Fritz Offense your QB is going to get hit. A lot.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Unread post by gerryb323 »

How do I get my text to be bolded all of the time?
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Unread post by TUPF »

gerryb323 wrote:How do I get my text to be bolded all of the time?
Lobotomy. :mrgreen:
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
long green
Cornerstone

Unread post by long green »

You can do any number of things with the tool bar to make your posts stand out...at least until you're voted off the YOGWF island for being obnoxious about it.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Unread post by gerryb323 »

long green wrote:You can do any number of things with the tool bar to make your posts stand out...at least until you're voted off the YOGWF island for being obnoxious about it.
ALERT!!!

Wait, what?!

SARCASM!
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
sr
Regent's Circle

Unread post by sr »

gerryb323 wrote:
long green wrote:You can do any number of things with the tool bar to make your posts stand out...at least until you're voted off the YOGWF island for being obnoxious about it.
ALERT!!!

Wait, what?!

SARCASM!
This could get interesting ....
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Unread post by GreenieBacker »

So, when do we vote?
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Unread post by Poseidon »

GreenieBacker wrote:So, when do we vote?
As soon as they announce the last one left gets 500k.
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
IM42lane
Breaker Level

Unread post by IM42lane »

sr wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
ALERT!!!

Wait, what?!

SARCASM!
This could get interesting ....
One wonders if it might come to this . . . . . . .

ROLL TIDE .... WAR EAGLE ...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/iron-bowl- ... 33029.html
A.S. Madere ("Pete")
2005 Dennis Drive
Hammond, LA 70401-1519

Email: IM42lane@yahoo.com
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Unread post by AO Sig »

TUPF wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:How do I get my text to be bolded all of the time?
Lobotomy. :mrgreen:
Prefer a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?