Recruit #15 (Again) - QB Christian Daniels

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
fearthewave
Breaker Level

Recruit #15 (Again) - QB Christian Daniels

Post by fearthewave »

https://twitter.com/cmd__16/status/930615070299652096

3* QB out of North Carolina flips from Miami (OH). 247 reports offers from Purdue, Army, Navy, Air Force, Old Dom, and more.

Made Tulane visit for the Cincy game. Hasn't been RW'd yet but that's coming.
waverider
Cornerstone

Re: Recruit #15 (Again) - QB Christian Daniels

Post by waverider »

If Army, Navy and Air Force want him he must run the option well. Miami (OH) and Purdue aren't bad offers either.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
Donny Z
President's Circle

Post by Donny Z »

long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

This beats hell out of me. How many guys are we signing, anyway? Solid offers, 3 stars on 247.

Rivals doesn't give him as high a rating but has him with 8 or so FBS offers. He threw for over 1800 yards with a 20-6 TD-ing ratio & ran for 846 yards & 12 td's with a 7.6 ypc.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

waverider wrote:Miami (OH) and Purdue aren't bad offers either.
Ummmm.... If you say so. Well, okay, Purdue is at least in a real conference.

Fun fact: Miami lost to Cincinnati this year in even more painful/pathetic fashion than we did.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

Miami (Ohio) has traditionally had a solid Program. Certainly with much more success than ours. Clearly WF is determined to find his QB. Wherever he may be.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

GreenieBacker wrote:Miami (Ohio) has traditionally had a solid Program. Certainly with much more success than ours. Clearly WF is determined to find his QB. Wherever he may be.
Miami is known as the Cradle of Coaches from years past but they've been horrid since Ben Roethlisberger left, and that was a long time ago. I think you're showing your age when you say they are solid.

These days in college football, nothing more than 5 to 10 years ago matters. 8)
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Martin, the current HC, is doing his best, notwithstanding blowing that Cincy game (sounds too familiar). They have a very good shot at 2 bowl seasons in a row. If that doesn't sound like much, and it isn't, really, Miami O was at the absolute bottom of the 1-a barrel when he got there. Back to Christian Daniels. He has eight reported 1-a offers other than ours, with one P5, one other AAC, and one MWC program offering. It's not just us that thinks he's a good athlete.

Daniels looks like a left-handed Banks. Prospect get listed heights that look exaggerated on highlights but Daniels looks to be the 6'2" he's listed at. He claims a 11.0 second 100 meter dash as a junior, with numerous times just hundredths of a second off that. His personal best in the 200m is 22.04. That's good speed for a kid that size in his junior year of high school. He also plays a lot of defense. He could be an athlete recruit but we'll see.

update: I have reason to think Daniels is taking Patrick Shegog's spot. The latter player does not call himself a Tulane commitment on his Twitter page any longer. That's not authoritative or scientific but I think it's worth passing on.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
ThePig
Riptide Level

Post by ThePig »

This tells me that we are unlikely to sign Lindsey Scott. Also, we have an Athlete/Dual Threat QB coming in - at least according to 247 - on December 15, Yanez Rogers. Also, the one QB committed to UCF decommitted (he's from Michigan and picked up an offer from Michigan State). Hopefully, we can keep this young man.

MAC games are among the most fun to watch. It is a decent conference with good teams. It may not be comparable to the ACC or the MWC, but it is not far behind.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

I wouldn't say we wouldn't take Scott, any number of things could happen at the QB position and these things happen to many if not most 1-a programs every off-season. I would say it's not likely that Scott would be thrilled with this offense. If I were advising the kid and had no bias toward Tulane I'd tell him to go with either Memphis or South Florida. As for Tulane, I'm okay with a 2018 top 3 of Banks, Brantley, and McClain.
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

ThePig wrote:This tells me that we are unlikely to sign Lindsey Scott. Also, we have an Athlete/Dual Threat QB coming in - at least according to 247 - on December 15, Yanez Rogers. Also, the one QB committed to UCF decommitted (he's from Michigan and picked up an offer from Michigan State). Hopefully, we can keep this young man.

MAC games are among the most fun to watch. It is a decent conference with good teams. It may not be comparable to the ACC or the MWC, but it is not far behind.
This kid will have 5 years to play and Scott 3. They are different classes. If Scott come I worry more about Brantley staying.
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

I like this commit.
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

Poseidon wrote:
ThePig wrote:This tells me that we are unlikely to sign Lindsey Scott. Also, we have an Athlete/Dual Threat QB coming in - at least according to 247 - on December 15, Yanez Rogers. Also, the one QB committed to UCF decommitted (he's from Michigan and picked up an offer from Michigan State). Hopefully, we can keep this young man.

This kid will have 5 years to play and Scott 3. They are different classes. If Scott come I worry more about Brantley staying.
If we had Scott, that's not really something I'd worry about.
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

ml wave wrote:
Poseidon wrote:

If we had Scott, that's not really something I'd worry about.
True.
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
Donny Z
President's Circle

Post by Donny Z »

Shegog has deocmmited per Twitter.

https://twitter.com/pshegog7_/status/930913322609926145

Suspect Scott is still very much in play (on our side at least)
G-wave
Navigator Level

Post by G-wave »

With the new early signing period about a month away I think things will get crazy for all college Teams. Some kids are decommiting cause they are not sure others are being told by Coaches to look elsewhere and some kids will be signing not to be left out in the cold by the big schools. The only players not effected are the Super Blues who we are not in on.
GSx
Emerald Circle

Post by GSx »

So did we trade up here?
Ray
Regent's Circle

Post by Ray »

GSx wrote:So did we trade up here?
Don't know ...... Sure liked Shegog though.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

This kid is bigger & faster. He has a higher completion percentage & had more offers plus a higher rating on 247.

My impression is that the staff thinks they traded up. We sure do this sort of thing a lot.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

long green wrote:My impression is that the staff thinks they traded up. We sure do this sort of thing a lot.
If the recruits can commit to someone and then trade up when a bigger school offer comes around, why can't we offer a kid and then trade up when a better kid comes along? It ain't nice but that's the noncommittal world we live in now.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

PeteRasche wrote:
long green wrote:My impression is that the staff thinks they traded up. We sure do this sort of thing a lot.
If the recruits can commit to someone and then trade up when a bigger school offer comes around, why can't we offer a kid and then trade up when a better kid comes along? It ain't nice but that's the noncommittal world we live in now.
Ideally, the early signing period is supposed to aleviate some of that though it's the reason many coaches, including Fritz, do not like the rule. If they sign a kid in December, they are essentially stuck. The only way to trade up is to sacrifice another position.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
CT Wave
Coach Level

Post by CT Wave »

GSx wrote:So did we trade up here?
That is my interpretation of his comments.
"You're not here on scholarship to lose. I didn't recruit you to lose. Losing is abnormal; losing is unusual; losing is unacceptable. That's not what we're here for."
Bob Knight
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

So Shegog doesn't like competition at his position. Why de-commit? Come on in and battle for your spot on the team, QB, S, RB, WR - and get a great education. Is Shegog going pro in 5 years?
visualmagic
President's Circle

Post by visualmagic »

sr wrote:So Shegog doesn't like competition at his position. Why de-commit? Come on in and battle for your spot on the team, QB, S, RB, WR - and get a great education. Is Shegog going pro in 5 years?
Maybe our coaches told him to find somewhere else to go?
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

visualmagic wrote:
sr wrote:So Shegog doesn't like competition at his position. Why de-commit? Come on in and battle for your spot on the team, QB, S, RB, WR - and get a great education. Is Shegog going pro in 5 years?
Maybe our coaches told him to find somewhere else to go?
Well, that's that then.