Gratuitous uniform thread 2017...

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Re: Gratuitous uniform thread 2017...

Post by ml wave »

Roller wrote:
WaveProf wrote:
tumbuuh wrote:Regardless of opinion on it being used for uniforms, what is this nonsense that green is Tulane's primary color with blue being a sometimes-used accent? That might be how it's been functionally for years, but Tulane (the university, not the sports team) has two colors: Olive Green and Sky Blue. In fact the "Green Wave" moniker didn't even come about until years of us being "The Olive and Blue." So like...have your personal preferences and make your argument about it being weird now that we're the Green Wave and all, but it's an established fact the university has two colors. It's not like there's a written code that says one is more important than the other.

...Also the length of this thread each year is directly related to the number of football losses. :coolshades:
Not only do I agree I think it’s so blatantly obvious it shouldn’t have to be said. I can’t think of a single other school that tries to invent silly arguments about how one of their colors isn’t “really” one of their colors.

And I also agree about how we all (myself fully included) are ridiculous for filling 8 pages on uniforms. Let’s hope that doesn’t mean 8 losses Or if it does, that we won’t make a ninth page
a) Nobody "tries to invent" arguments; the arguments have been around for years.
b) The arguments are not "silly"; calling them such, especially for a johnnie-come-lately, is the height of ridiculousness.

If people want our teams to wear blue and risk being identified with {shudder!} UNC, then I am but one voice, and I am not so hung up on my own opinion that I would absolutely insist that it not be done. But for the sake of propriety, if we're going to wear blue, let's change our name, because "Green Wave" would be wildly inappropriate for a team clad in something other than green. Perhaps, since "Tigers" is the most preferred mascot in college football, we could become the Tulane Tigers (unless we opted for something "banana-sluggish" and chose something like, say, "Tulane Fighting Cloud Formation").
Why is UNC associated with blue? Tar is black...
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

Green on Green on Green on Green on Green for Houston. https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/931534804776038400
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

the Grasshopper look..........

*sigh*
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

Since they are mixing things up I wouldn't mind seeing a Green Helmet - Blue shirt - Green pant look. It would true to team colors and unique.
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

I just don't care for the green helmet, really like the white helmet with the Green Wave logo.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Post by GretnaGrn »

GreenieBacker wrote:I just don't care for the green helmet, really like the white helmet with the Green Wave logo.
This. There is really no need for any helmet other than that one.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

GreenieBacker wrote:the Grasshopper look..........

*sigh*
my thoughts exactly
GreenieBacker wrote:I just don't care for the green helmet, really like the white helmet with the Green Wave logo.
I'd prefer the white helmets with every color combo of jersey.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

love that the first response on twitter was that the green-green-green unis are a response to complaints about not wearing enough green from forum posters. Wonder who they could mean? :lol:
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

everything schools say about their uniform choices is a lie, from "we're doing this to support our troops" to "the recruits love this."
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

The blue shirts (which the players allegedly love) and the interlocking TU helmets were supposed to be this week. I wonder if this was our original homecoming look. Glad they liked the TU helmets too much to wait, but it's apparent that all green won't be avoided.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Post by Poseidon »

long green wrote:everything schools say about their uniform choices is a lie, from "we're doing this to support our troops" to "the recruits love this."
I believe the phrase "paying lip service" is spot on.
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

long green wrote:everything schools say about their uniform choices is a lie, from "we're doing this to support our troops" to "the recruits love this."
THIS!!!

Meanwhile I'm supportive of green uni color schemes as in Green Wave not as in Little John and Alan-a-Dale. This makes me hope against hope that one day LSU wears periwinkle from cap to toe.
Roller
Cornerstone

Post by Roller »

GreenieBacker wrote:the Grasshopper look..........

*sigh*
You see wings? I don't see no wings. Them's not grasshoppers, Son. That there's a GREEN WAVE! It'll be washin' cougars out to sea afore y' know it.
Don't start singin' the blues.
BACONWAVE
Navigator Level

Post by BACONWAVE »

Those Triple Green Unis looked pretty damn good today!!! I wouldn't mind a little Baconwave throwback helmet for next year.
You're killin' me Smalls!!!
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

BACONWAVE wrote:Those Triple Green Unis looked pretty damn good today!!! I wouldn't mind a little Baconwave throwback helmet for next year.
No! I played on the best Tulane teams in the bacon wave era and I still don't want to see that again.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

BACONWAVE wrote:Those Triple Green Unis looked pretty damn good today!!! I wouldn't mind a little Baconwave throwback helmet for next year.
Go to hell.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
BACONWAVE
Navigator Level

Post by BACONWAVE »

long green wrote:
Go to hell.

STAY CLASSY!!!!! :green wink:
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Advocacy of that bad logo just because someone gave it a "funny" name deserves such a dismissal.
BACONWAVE
Navigator Level

Post by BACONWAVE »

long green wrote:Advocacy of that bad logo just because someone gave it a "funny" name deserves such a dismissal.
http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blog ... elmets.jpg
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

BACONWAVE wrote:
long green wrote:Advocacy of that bad logo just because someone gave it a "funny" name deserves such a dismissal.
What's your point? Tulane has "leaked" Twitter photos of a zillion combos of new and old helmets in the past five years just to stir attention and get people talking. I'm sure there are old helmet stickers of all those logos in the Wilson Building, just because someone was playing around with sticking various ones on various colors of new helmets doesn't mean they'll see the light of day.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

BACONWAVE wrote:
Didn't look. Logo bad. Fire good.
BACONWAVE
Navigator Level

Post by BACONWAVE »

PeteRasche wrote:
BACONWAVE wrote:
What's your point? Tulane has "leaked" Twitter photos of a zillion combos of new and old helmets in the past five years just to stir attention and get people talking. I'm sure there are old helmet stickers of all those logos in the Wilson Building, just because someone was playing around with sticking various ones on various colors of new helmets doesn't mean they'll see the light of day.
No point.....He insulted me & I happen to like the T-Bacon helmet. He doesn't like the all green unis & the SENIORS voted on that outfit & we won. Now he doesn't like the T-Bacon helmet so I posted it because I like it. Plus if you stated Tulane "leaks" these possible future helmets to get people talking.... isn't that the point? It is OK to have different opinions... no need for insults.
PCWave
Crest Level

Post by PCWave »

I certainly agree that there is no need for ANY insults on this or other forums. It really bothers me when one Green (and Blue) Wave fan feels like they must insult another. Let's just keep it all on the subject. If you disagree with someone then post your own opinion. Nothing else need be said.

I am assuming that ALL posters are indeed Tulane fans
ALERT!!!

SARCASM!
Harahan Wave
DrHullabaloo
Navigator Level

Post by DrHullabaloo »

PCWave wrote:I certainly agree that there is no need for ANY insults on this or other forums. It really bothers me when one Green (and Blue) Wave fan feels like they must insult another. Let's just keep it all on the subject. If you disagree with someone then post your own opinion. Nothing else need be said.

I am assuming that ALL posters are indeed Tulane fans
ALERT!!!

SARCASM!
+1
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

And one would have thought this thread was finished for the year ... oh, wait, it is the 1st of the year.

https://twitter.com/UniAuthority/status ... 4403426309