Parry Nickerson makes 2nd team All-America by SI

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
long green
Cornerstone

Parry Nickerson makes 2nd team All-America by SI

Unread post by long green »

Congratulations to him. The skinny, dreadlocked Tanzel Smart of cornerbacks.

https://www.si.com/college-football/pho ... tter_si#28
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Re: Parry Nickerson makes 2nd team All-America by SI

Unread post by PeteRasche »

Congrats.

That interception against ECU (2:32 mark here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJdFWJYun9E) is one of the most amazing recover-from-being-beat-and-make-the-plays I've ever seen and probably ever will see.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tjtlja »

Congratulations to Parry. That is a great honor and well deserved. We will certainly miss #17.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Unread post by GreenieBacker »

The play that I will always remember was last year against UCF, where their WR caught a pass with no one around him and was headed to the endzone, Parry came out of nowhere running full out and not only caught up to the WR but stripped the ball from him which we then recovered. Just an amazing play.

Parry we will miss you more than you can imagine, thanks for everything you did.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
Coach Level

Unread post by 1401973 »

long green wrote:The skinny, dreadlocked Tanzel Smart of cornerbacks
When you compare P Nickerson to T Smart that is as high praise as you can get.....and I wouldn't argue it except to add he brought a swagger that is oh so necessary for the position.

Just completed a 20 yard completion on me? Let's line up and try it again and I will beat you.

That's how I will remember #17 - the astounding breadth of 4 years of every single play confidence, competitiveness and competence.

A model for future TU CBs.
waverider
Cornerstone

Unread post by waverider »

1401973 wrote:
long green wrote:The skinny, dreadlocked Tanzel Smart of cornerbacks
When you compare P Nickerson to T Smart that is as high praise as you can get.....and I wouldn't argue it except to add he brought a swagger that is oh so necessary for the position.

Just completed a 20 yard completion on me? Let's line up and try it again and I will beat you.

That's how I will remember #17 - the astounding breadth of 4 years of every single play confidence, competitiveness and competence.

A model for future TU CBs.
I agree. We needed a guy who would break up a pass against USF then tell their bench "Keep throwing at me!". Parry is the type that could start for just about every team in the country. He spent his college career covering the conference's best receivers, some of which are playing in the NFL.

We need a team full of Tanziels and Parrys.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Unread post by wavedom »

Really happy for him. Much appreciate all he overcame with his chronic knee condition. If not for that he would have probably ended up elsewhere. But he ended up here and got great care by our medical staff and had a great career. So it was good for both sides. He was truly a joy to watch. I hope his knee holds up and he has a long and illustrious NFL career b/c he certainly deserves it.
We deserve so much better