Visitors for Final Weekend

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Re: Visitors for Final Weekend

Post by tjtlja »

We have to hope he values education, understands we can be every bit as good as Houston, loves New Orleans, and clearly gets CWF is better at his job than Major Applewhite. It is going to be difficult, but not impossible.
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

Rotorooter
President's Circle

Post by Rotorooter »

sr wrote:To reiterate re: Julon Williams - https://twitter.com/FOXSportsSW/status/ ... 4563611648
But can he pitch the ball?! 8)
Plan your work, work your plan.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

I saw where we offered Kirk Merritt. I am surprised we are offering another WR.

Given how quiet it is today, it certainly makes you wonder how the weekend went. The waiting game begins.

FTW or TU23, any news to report regarding the weekend? Thanks in advance.
SomeBiz
Riptide Level

Post by SomeBiz »

REVISED with additional info on review:

Tulane has danced with Merritt before. He was a WR at Destrehan and played with Marbley, among others.

You may recall Merritt was transferring from Oregon. He landed at Texas A&M but was suspended after being charged with two counts of indecent exposure. According to 247 Sports, The Houston Chronicle reported that Merritt pleaded no contest to the charges. A&M reinstated him to the team until the charges became public and he was bounced out.

Merritt, who was four-star recruit coming out of high school, ended up at East Mississippi CC this year with Lindsey Scott. They connected on at least one TD in EMCC's national championship this month.

He can definitely play and the offer may be a part of an effort to sway Lindsey Scott.

It's a quiet period day, and tomorrow starts a long "dead period," where the coaches are not allowed to have face-to-face meetings with prospects, though they can communicate electronically.

We may not learn more until the early signing period.
Tulane class of '79
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

Poseidon wrote:
ml wave wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
tjtlja wrote:FTW, great job as usual.

Clearly, the emphasis is on DL and DB this weekend. If we can take five more, you would think it would be 1 QB, 1 or 2 DL, 1 TE, and 1 or 2 DB’s. I presume they are still working on a kicker, but may wait until the late period. The QB out of Houston can really play and would be quite a coup. This may also indicate that Scott is waiting to long and the risk isn’t worth the wait. Should be a very interesting weekend.

Scott and that kid are separated by two years. Why does he threaten Scott, but the kid from NC not?
Because we have a finite number of schollys and are already committed to the kid from NC. Basically there's room for one more. Bringing this kid in is either us moving on from Scott or trying to keep him from dragging this on past the early signing period.
I see your point, but I saw Scott as a "find a scholly" for him guy. We received the commit from the NC kid before we lost two QBs to transfer. The scholarship situation is very fluid.
Maybe the coaches don't see Scott the same way you do? Perhaps they just want to make sure they get one guy in.