#23 is in - Chris Joyce, DB

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
Donny Z
President's Circle

#23 is in - Chris Joyce, DB

Post by Donny Z »

gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Re: #23 is in - Chris Joyce, DB

Post by gerryb323 »

Donny Z wrote:3 star on rivals. Offer list includes a Tennessee offer.

https://twitter.com/TheOfficial_CTJ/sta ... 4402516992

https://twitter.com/chadsimmons_/status ... 5251761153

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/5336574/59 ... 0df48a7578

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/ ... yce-194208

His commitment moves our rivals class up to 56th in the country. Wow.
Until he gets reduced to a 2*

:jerry: :jerry:
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

If he truly is 5’-11” he brings the kind of size WF is looking for. Very nice pick up at a position of need
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

Like GSx, I'm partial to anyone from beautiful Dutchtown including the one in Georgia. Welcome Mr. Joyce .
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Fine looking highlights. Plays all over the place, not tall but a good frame.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

How many more scholarships do we have to give out? There are some seriously big fish still out there.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Donny Z wrote:His commitment moves our rivals class up to 56th in the country. Wow.
Wow is right. What's the highest recruiting ranking we've had in the last 30 years? This has got to be close, if not it. After several decades of trying to put a positive spin on recruiting classes ranked above the century mark, this is a shocking change (in a good way, obviously).
Donny Z
President's Circle

Post by Donny Z »

Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

As Guerry keeps reminding us, Rivals unlike its rivals does not grade on a curve.

Meanwhile my novice guess (nothing more) is we will see more commitments. Fritz is obviously tired of losing. He will figure out how to make numbers work.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

I remember seeing how Fritz's last class - before he left for Tulane - was shaping up to be a doozy, with a ton of three-star and even four-star guys committed. I was amazed he could pull those guys to a Sun Belt School like GSU (which had only been FBS for a couple of years). I had to remind myself that Tulane, at the time, had been worse on the field and that short-memoried recruits probably thought of us no higher than GSU. But I always knew our ceiling was way higher than GSU's will ever be, if we could just get our act together.

Looks like maybe it's coming to fruition. Let's hope.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

56 is crazy high for a TU recruiting class. And if we land one or more of the big fish that visited last weekend who knows where it will end up.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

GreenieBacker wrote:56 is crazy high for a TU recruiting class. And if we land one or more of the big fish that visited last weekend who knows where it will end up.
What's bittersweet in the woulda/coulda camp was the last time it was this high was right before then University leadership unloaded the "Review" on the program, then Katrina ....

That is perhaps why Dannen's email today is so refreshing and timely. His ask is for us fans to engage more with Tulane Athletics not whether Tulane should be Div 3.
Donny Z
President's Circle

Post by Donny Z »

We are 56 without counting the big vandy o lineman and rivals also has two of our commits unrated - including Ryan Wright who 247 now has as the #1 punter in the nation.
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Post by GretnaGrn »

This is definitely shaping up to be the best class we've seen, well, possibly EVER, at least in terms of overall quality.
Coach Level

Post by 1401973 »

Boy, it struck me that he looks an awful lot like another #3 that happens to be graduating this year. Maybe not the straight away speed, but long strides, nice moves and strength. Just a very nice looking football player.
FW
Cornerstone

Post by FW »

Our class was, before Joyce, the #4 best non-P5 class in the nation per 247. I haven't looked today. This is going to be our best class of the "modern" era.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

FW wrote:Our class was, before Joyce, the #4 best non-P5 class in the nation per 247. I haven't looked today. This is going to be our best class of the "modern" era.
5th per ftw, and above 12 P5 schools. Yesterday around lunchtime we were 57th on Rivals, two spots above Florida St at 59th.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
FW
Cornerstone

Post by FW »

waverider wrote:
FW wrote:Our class was, before Joyce, the #4 best non-P5 class in the nation per 247. I haven't looked today. This is going to be our best class of the "modern" era.
5th per ftw, and above 12 P5 schools. Yesterday around lunchtime we were 57th on Rivals, two spots above Florida St at 59th.
It was 4th when I posted. Someone might have jumped us, or we might have jumped someone when he tweeted that out.
G-wave
Navigator Level

Post by G-wave »

By TU standards this is a great class but we have to remember that the top teams in our league have been having these types of classes for a few years so we still have a ways to go. As far as the best class I can't remember all the names but Chris Scelfo's first year was a small class but almost everyone was a Blue Chipper led by Super Star WR R Williams and 3 local DB's who were outstanding.
djh
Coach Level

Post by djh »

Maybe I'm looking at the wrong sites but the rivals and 247 that I have show us with 22 signed. That would leave 3 right?
'Character is who you are, reputation is what others THINK you are.'
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

That should be right. I think Joyce became #23 before the last decommittment was announced. If we have 22 then you are correct, we can sign 3 more high school recruits. We can sign as many transfers as the roster allows.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
FW
Cornerstone

Post by FW »

djh wrote:Maybe I'm looking at the wrong sites but the rivals and 247 that I have show us with 22 signed. That would leave 3 right?
Well, this was the early signing period. There is another one in February.
FW
Cornerstone

Post by FW »

G-wave wrote:By TU standards this is a great class but we have to remember that the top teams in our league have been having these types of classes for a few years so we still have a ways to go. As far as the best class I can't remember all the names but Chris Scelfo's first year was a small class but almost everyone was a Blue Chipper led by Super Star WR R Williams and 3 local DB's who were outstanding.
Which is why it's ludicrous that some people are ripping Fritz for not winning 8-9 games already. Look at our past classes. Let Fritz do this a couple of times and we'll be winning 8-9 (or more) game every year. I don't think people realize how low our talent level was (and that wasn't aimed at you, nor was this a knock at the fine men on our team).
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

G-wave wrote:By TU standards this is a great class but we have to remember that the top teams in our league have been having these types of classes for a few years so we still have a ways to go. As far as the best class I can't remember all the names but Chris Scelfo's first year was a small class but almost everyone was a Blue Chipper led by Super Star WR R Williams and 3 local DB's who were outstanding.
Can you imagine how good we would have been if scelfo could coach? He could recruit with the best. We may be in the big 12 if he was a good coach and we we perennial winners during his tenure.
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

Sure and if Napoleon had a B-52 at the battle of Waterloo French might be official language of England now. :-D