Ye Olde Green Wave Forum

The DEFINITIVE Tulane discussion forum
It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 268 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:54 pm 
Offline
Navigator Level
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:05 pm
Posts: 1276
Location: Naples, FL
Deep article: "History shows most of the hires will land somewhere between great and terrible."

_________________
"You're not here on scholarship to lose. I didn't recruit you to lose. Losing is abnormal; losing is unusual; losing is unacceptable. That's not what we're here for."
Bob Knight


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:27 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:00 pm
Posts: 13048
CT Wave wrote:
Deep article: "History shows most of the hires will land somewhere between great and terrible."


Like the Saints pregame I heard once where the Saints were going to "try to outscore" whoever the opponent was. 3 more hours of airtime to fill still after that.

_________________
He was in


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:33 pm 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am
Posts: 3392
Location: Wichita
ULL hires Arizona State OC Billy Napier. Had been WR coach at Bama before that. (News outlets insisting on calling ULL "Louisiana")

_________________
#stopbunting


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:27 am 
Offline
Coach Level
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:32 am
Posts: 1868
Location: Cincinnati, OH
gerryb323 wrote:
ULL hires Arizona State OC Billy Napier. Had been WR coach at Bama before that. (News outlets insisting on calling ULL "Louisiana")


ASU is going to be ticked off. Rumor was that one reason they went with Edwards was because they insisted that any new coach had to keep the OC and DC. They really wanted to keep Napier (DC is older I believe). Now he is gone and you are left with Edward's as your HC. They didn't like Edwards initially and now they are really going to hate him.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:47 am 
Offline
Coach Level
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:49 pm
Posts: 2156
Location: Greeneville, TN
SlidellWave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
ULL hires Arizona State OC Billy Napier. Had been WR coach at Bama before that. (News outlets insisting on calling ULL "Louisiana")


ASU is going to be ticked off. Rumor was that one reason they went with Edwards was because they insisted that any new coach had to keep the OC and DC. They really wanted to keep Napier (DC is older I believe). Now he is gone and you are left with Edward's as your HC. They didn't like Edwards initially and now they are really going to hate him.


They have only themselves to blame. If they liked Napier so much they should have made him HC.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:37 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:00 pm
Posts: 13048
tulaneoutlaw wrote:
SlidellWave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
ULL hires Arizona State OC Billy Napier. Had been WR coach at Bama before that. (News outlets insisting on calling ULL "Louisiana")


ASU is going to be ticked off. Rumor was that one reason they went with Edwards was because they insisted that any new coach had to keep the OC and DC. They really wanted to keep Napier (DC is older I believe). Now he is gone and you are left with Edward's as your HC. They didn't like Edwards initially and now they are really going to hate him.


They have only themselves to blame. If they liked Napier so much they should have made him HC.


Yeah, that one doesn't make much sense but then neither does hiring Herm Edwards.

_________________
He was in


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:16 pm 
Offline
President's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:45 pm
Posts: 4627
Location: Omnipresent
OGSB wrote:
tulaneoutlaw wrote:
SlidellWave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
ULL hires Arizona State OC Billy Napier. Had been WR coach at Bama before that. (News outlets insisting on calling ULL "Louisiana")


ASU is going to be ticked off. Rumor was that one reason they went with Edwards was because they insisted that any new coach had to keep the OC and DC. They really wanted to keep Napier (DC is older I believe). Now he is gone and you are left with Edward's as your HC. They didn't like Edwards initially and now they are really going to hate him.


They have only themselves to blame. If they liked Napier so much they should have made him HC.


Yeah, that one doesn't make much sense but then neither does hiring Herm Edwards.

Well, you're not going to be able to out-USC USC in that division, so you have to think outside the box. ...Not this far outside of the box, though.

_________________
Banks was in.
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:03 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:19 pm
Posts: 9277
SlidellWave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
ULL hires Arizona State OC Billy Napier. Had been WR coach at Bama before that. (News outlets insisting on calling ULL "Louisiana")


ASU is going to be ticked off. Rumor was that one reason they went with Edwards was because they insisted that any new coach had to keep the OC and DC. They really wanted to keep Napier (DC is older I believe). Now he is gone and you are left with Edward's as your HC. They didn't like Edwards initially and now they are really going to hate him.

And the DC is gone as well...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:25 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:28 am
Posts: 7998
Location: Back home again...Oak Park sub division
Say what? Lane Kiffin signs a 10 year extension at FAU. A head scratcher for sure. Smart deal for Kiffin. Financial security. Not so smart for FAU, except it shows that they mean business.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/ ... ar-BBH2qAP

Fan Since '54

_________________
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:18 pm 
Offline
Coach Level
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:30 pm
Posts: 2320
Fan Since '54 wrote:
Say what? Lane Kiffin signs a 10 year extension at FAU. A head scratcher for sure. Smart deal for Kiffin. Financial security. Not so smart for FAU, except it shows that they mean business.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/ ... ar-BBH2qAP

Fan Since '54


Assuming they get paid if another school takes him, could be a smart deal for FAU too. He can say what he wants, I doubt he stays at FAU if a big fish comes calling.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:37 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:52 am
Posts: 19355
Location: Cincinnati, OH
If Kiffin is happy to dominate CUSA for a decade, more power to him. If FAU's administration wants to deal with his ego another decade, then... uh... whatever, dude...

But, as stated, of course he's not planning on being there that long. If he fails, he's got a nice payout coming. If he succeeds, he's gone off to a bigger school which will happily buy out his contract and the school will get paid. But FAU isn't getting a P5 invitation no matter what, I seriously doubt he's going to build a NY6 bowl level team there (they'd have to beat some really notable teams OOC and go undefeated to ever merit passing the AAC or even MWC champ), and his antics about bringing GameDay there were blatant desperate pandering (though I could see that happening just because ESPN would eat up his social media garbage).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:10 am 
Offline
Regent's Circle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:28 am
Posts: 7998
Location: Back home again...Oak Park sub division
Okay, the carousel just added Arizona into the mix. RichRod fired. The reason why is pretty interesting. :roll:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb ... id=U452DHP

Fan since '54

_________________
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:36 am 
Offline
Coach Level
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:32 am
Posts: 1868
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Not HC related, but kind of.

Looks like Tennessee is going to hire Rush Propst as WR coach. Perfect fit for that crew, but let's see if the "High Moral Character" group that runs that place stands up to this hire like they did against Schiano. My guess is that Travis Clay and his bunch of idiots stays quiet.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:04 am 
Online
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:34 am
Posts: 24380
Location: New Orleans
It's Clay Travis, WaveSlidell. :lol:

_________________
You want experience running the entire show? You got it. You want someone young and energetic? You got it. You wanted someone with absolutely no ties to Cowen/Dickson? You got it. - TU23


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:07 am 
Offline
Coach Level
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:32 am
Posts: 1868
Location: Cincinnati, OH
long green wrote:
It's Clay Travis, WaveSlidell. :lol:


Good One! :)

Thought it sounded wrong but didn't want to give him the satisfaction of increasing his web search count.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:40 am 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:00 pm
Posts: 13048
SlidellWave wrote:
Not HC related, but kind of.

Looks like Tennessee is going to hire Rush Propst as WR coach. Perfect fit for that crew, but let's see if the "High Moral Character" group that runs that place stands up to this hire like they did against Schiano. My guess is that Travis Clay and his bunch of idiots stays quiet.


And another 'kind of', Canada out at LSU.

_________________
He was in


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:47 pm 
Offline
Regent's Circle

Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:48 am
Posts: 5169
Arizona developments: this includes potential impact on AAC, possible transferring QB and perhaps a test of whether PAC 12 is a "player's league" or do the admins actually run the joint. People here were thinking some Tulane recruits were aggressive on Twitter......

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/ ... 029446001/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:30 pm 
Offline
Emerald Circle
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:00 pm
Posts: 13048
I hadn't heard, but Sumlin landed at Arizona

_________________
He was in


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 268 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group