Season opener versus Wake Forest moved to Thursday 8/30

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Re: Season opener versus Wake Forest moved to Thursday 8/30

Unread post by tjtlja »

tjtlja wrote:
windywave wrote:
wavedom wrote:Says the snowflake that doesn't go to Tulane games.
Went to two road games this year. When Tulane is accessible I go and I don't whine about how entitled I am "because I've been a fan so long." HTFU
Oh Great Northern One, did you make any of the scrimmages???
windywave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by windywave »

wavedom wrote:Their games are almost always at the same time. They also haven't lost for seven decades. Sorry your jealousy is getting the best of you.
Really all Big 10 games start at the same time? All Notre Dame games too? You're either too stupid or ignorant (possibly detached from reality) to continue this conversation with. (Go to the UND website and check out their varied kick off times at home this year. The Big 10 comment is too moronic to even acknowledge).
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Unread post by wavedom »

ND did have a different type of home schedule this year. Normally though the games start at 3:30 with one at night. As for the rest they play in the day b/c you people are too wimpy to play in the cold at night.
We deserve so much better
windywave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by windywave »

wavedom wrote:ND did have a different type of home schedule this year. Normally though the games start at 3:30 with one at night. As for the rest they play in the day b/c you people are too wimpy to play in the cold at night.
So you basically pulles things out of your ass and were wrong.

Yes when I think wimpy and cold I think Big 10 country.

You make certain other posters on here look like Mensa members.
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Unread post by TUPF »

wavedom wrote:ND did have a different type of home schedule this year. Normally though the games start at 3:30 with one at night. As for the rest they play in the day b/c you people are too wimpy to play in the cold at night.
I don’t think many folks living in New Orleans can reasonably call anyone who lives in northern climes cold weather wimpy. When I was there on 6 December and it dropped from the 80s into the lower 50s, people thought the Ice Age had begun. I saw parkas on Canal Street.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Unread post by GretnaGrn »

wavedom wrote:
GretnaGrn wrote:
wavedom wrote:
GretnaGrn wrote:TV picks game times/dates. That's a fact of life if you follow college football at higher than the CUSA level. It's not a matter of anyone listening to anyone, other than TV telling you (after writing their rather large check to the conference) what you'll be doing.

And I noted that. However it's also true that your athletic department can let the league and the networks know what your preference is. That's all I've asked of Dannen on this issue. LSU has done it and they have since been accommodated for the most part. True story.
The SEC and LoSer-U sadly have just a smidge more pull than we do. You also obviously missed the very loud whining from Baton Rouge about more than one of their game times being set by TV this season.
They didn't have any complaints for the couple of years before that b/c their AD stepped up. Just think ours should do the same. We are in a smaller conference that gets a lot smaller check. Some of our games are on-line only . so it shouldn't take as much pull to get it done.
So because we're less valuable you think we have more pull? That's illogical. There's a reason that the games on the really oddball nights throughout the season are always from the smaller conferences--because ESPN has even more ability to bully them into the schedule change.

Clearly, you just want to be mad. There is no way TD has the ability to change this kickoff time and date, which has been dictated by TV. There's no point in responding to you further on this topic.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tjtlja »

TUPF wrote:
I don’t think many folks living in New Orleans can reasonably call anyone who lives in northern climes cold weather wimpy. When I was there on 6 December and it dropped from the 80s into the lower 50s, people thought the Ice Age had begun. I saw parkas on Canal Street.

But we can certainly call some snowflakes.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Unread post by TUPF »

tjtlja wrote:
TUPF wrote:

Don’t you have a scrimmage to attend to?
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Unread post by wavedom »

GretnaGrn wrote:
wavedom wrote:
GretnaGrn wrote:
wavedom wrote:
GretnaGrn wrote:TV picks game times/dates. That's a fact of life if you follow college football at higher than the CUSA level. It's not a matter of anyone listening to anyone, other than TV telling you (after writing their rather large check to the conference) what you'll be doing.

And I noted that. However it's also true that your athletic department can let the league and the networks know what your preference is. That's all I've asked of Dannen on this issue. LSU has done it and they have since been accommodated for the most part. True story.
The SEC and LoSer-U sadly have just a smidge more pull than we do. You also obviously missed the very loud whining from Baton Rouge about more than one of their game times being set by TV this season.
They didn't have any complaints for the couple of years before that b/c their AD stepped up. Just think ours should do the same. We are in a smaller conference that gets a lot smaller check. Some of our games are on-line only . so it shouldn't take as much pull to get it done.
So because we're less valuable you think we have more pull? That's illogical. There's a reason that the games on the really oddball nights throughout the season are always from the smaller conferences--because ESPN has even more ability to bully them into the schedule change.

Clearly, you just want to be mad. There is no way TD has the ability to change this kickoff time and date, which has been dictated by TV. There's no point in responding to you further on this topic.
Go back and read my post. I said we shouldn't need as much pull. Our conference doesn't have games on what would be considered the oddball nights, Tuesday and Wednesday. I also never said TD had the ability. I said he should make the effort to let the league and the network know our preference. Not mad just disappointed. I could sink to your and snowflakes level and call you illiterate but I won't allow you two to pull me down to your level.
We deserve so much better
MattK
President's Circle

Unread post by MattK »

is there any reason to think that TD hasn't requested a preferred game time to the conference?

We seem to have gotten mid afternoon for all of our homecoming games, which I'd imagine is our preferred slot for homecoming.
Luvs da Wave
Navigator Level

Unread post by Luvs da Wave »

Referring to P6 does not include Ooh-la-la.

Even a night game in August is hot as hell.

But I will be there.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tjtlja »

TUPF wrote:
tjtlja wrote:
TUPF wrote:
Don’t you have a scrimmage to attend to?

I wish. The last scrimmages I attended were way back in 2016.
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Unread post by Poseidon »

Anyone watching Wake vs Texas AM. Wake looks a lot better than they did last year.
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
sr
Regent's Circle

Unread post by sr »

Poseidon wrote:Anyone watching Wake vs Texas AM. Wake looks a lot better than they did last year.
I wouldn't get to worried about Wake - A&M lost their coach and is just going through the motions.
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Unread post by Rotorooter »

sr wrote:
Poseidon wrote:Anyone watching Wake vs Texas AM. Wake looks a lot better than they did last year.
I wouldn't get to worried about Wake - A&M lost their coach and is just going through the motions.
Plus WF's QB is a senior. He is a really good passer.
Plan your work, work your plan.
RI WAVE
Navigator Level

Unread post by RI WAVE »

My guess is that in 2018, the Wave has to worry about every team we play. Tulane is much improved as well. I still fear that the difference will be our depth on D-line, which should manifest itself later in the season, if we continue to avoid pre season injuries...this will be a great game and a great indicator of our potential success this coming season... I hope to finally get to Yulman for this game!
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Baywave1 »

RI WAVE wrote:My guess is that in 2018, the Wave has to worry about every team we play. Tulane is much improved as well. I still fear that the difference will be our depth on D-line, which should manifest itself later in the season, if we continue to avoid pre season injuries...this will be a great game and a great indicator of our potential success this coming season... I hope to finally get to Yulman for this game!
Conversely every team we play except one will worry about Tulane. And with that one if we don't end up having to play because of injuries a raw 3rd string QB against a CFP caliber team, we'll perhaps have a more interesting final forty minutes to the game than we did in Norman.

In other words, WF and Tulane can have a winning season next year. May they do it.