2017-2018 Bowl season

Non-Tulane Sports Discussion
Anything that doesn't belong on the main YOGWF Sports forums e.g. Saints, Hornets, BC$, High School, etc.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Re: 2017-2018 Bowl season

Post by windywave »

GreenieBacker wrote:A very dubious roughing the QB penalty helps give the victory to Iowa St.
By dubious you mean utter doody, right?
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

windywave wrote:
GreenieBacker wrote:A very dubious roughing the QB penalty helps give the victory to Iowa St.
By dubious you mean utter doody, right?
I’ve kept my flag in my belt for worse.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
Coach Level

Post by 1401973 »

Iowa st outplayed and out coached Memphis. Ferguson looked rattled due to dialed up Iowa St pressure..he didn’t know where the next blitzer was coming from. Unfortunately for the conference the better team won
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

Just turned on the Orange Bowl in time to see Richt touch an official not once but twice during some heated exchange on the sidelines. He only was flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct and 15. By rule he should have been ejected.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

TUPF wrote:Just turned on the Orange Bowl in time to see Richt touch an official not once but twice during some heated exchange on the sidelines. He only was flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct and 15. By rule he should have been ejected.
You missed an atrocious first half of officiating. SEC crew shining on The Big Stage
#cousins don't count
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

windywave wrote:
TUPF wrote:Just turned on the Orange Bowl in time to see Richt touch an official not once but twice during some heated exchange on the sidelines. He only was flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct and 15. By rule he should have been ejected.
You missed an atrocious first half of officiating. SEC crew shining on The Big Stage
Understand but there is still no excuse. I see it even at the high school level. Officials are human and make mistakes which hopefully are rectified in real time. But we are getting to the point that people think that what they see on Sundays is acceptable behavior everywhere. I know at my level officials are quitting instead of taking the abuse from coaches and parents. It’s getting to the point that games are being limited due to lack of officials. Want to know what a college official makes? At most a few hundred dollars a game. No official except some NFLers have it as a full time job. At the college level everyone has real jobs. At the HS level you are basically getting gas money. Think it’s not difficult? Try it.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

TUPF wrote:
windywave wrote:
Understand but there is still no excuse. I see it even at the high school level. Officials are human and make mistakes which hopefully are rectified in real time. But we are getting to the point that people think that what they see on Sundays is acceptable behavior everywhere. I know at my level officials are quitting instead of taking the abuse from coaches and parents. It’s getting to the point that games are being limited due to lack of officials. Want to know what a college official makes? At most a few hundred dollars a game. No official except some NFLers have it as a full time job. At the college level everyone has real jobs. At the HS level you are basically getting gas money. Think it’s not difficult? Try it.
First off, it was a fumble replay that was blown.

Second I was an official when I was younger.
#cousins don't count
Ray
Regent's Circle

Post by Ray »

TUPF wrote:
windywave wrote:
During the regular ACC season only 8 holding calls were called on Miami opponents. Either Richt is right or all those officials don't see it that way.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Mississippi State had a very good Bowl win over Louisville. If that doesn't sound like much, consider that they did it without Nick Fitzgerald, their quarterback. They went with the true freshman from Algiers who was shaky when he had to play vs Ole Miss.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

Ray wrote: During the regular ACC season only 8 holding calls were called on Miami opponents. Either Richt is right or all those officials don't see it that way.
That looked like a hold but then again it didn't look at all like a fumble early.
Victory is never permanent
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

Notre Dame ahead of LSU 3-0 at half. LSU has missed 2 field goals.
Coach Level

Post by 1401973 »

Nobody in the stands.
Nobody cares about the 6th best sec team.
Awesome game going on at the same time UCF and Auburn.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

UCF just had a Pick 6 to extend their lead over Auburn to 14 points in the 4th quarter. watch them still somehow fail to get into the top 10 if they win

Meanwhile LSU... Who cares?
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Post by AO Sig »

long green wrote:UCF just had a Pick 6 to extend their lead over Auburn to 14 points in the 4th quarter. watch them still somehow fail to get into the top 10 if they win

Meanwhile LSU... Who cares?
The refs negated a first down run on a tickytack call, even the pro-SEC announcers decried the non-penalty. If Auburn wins, it is totally a gift from the refs.
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

long green wrote: Meanwhile LSU... Who cares?
I do, the frick illiterates pissed it down their leg
#cousins don't count
Coach Level

Post by 1401973 »

I assume y’all are talking about beach volleyball.
Eff el esh Hugh
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

UCF beats Auburn 34-27.
AO Sig
Regent's Circle

Post by AO Sig »

UCF joins conference partner Tulane as the two teams who go undefeated without a chance to play in one of the big bowls, let alone the national championship.
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

Really fun game to watch and it was no fluke UCF played great. Another big win for the AAC.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
Ray
Regent's Circle

Post by Ray »

[quote="long green"]UCF just had a Pick 6 to extend their lead over Auburn to 14 points in the 4th quarter. watch them still somehow fail to get into the top 10 if they win
I think 9th or 10th will happen for them.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

Oklahoma quick strike on Georgia, up 7-0.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

Georgia right back down the field, 7-7
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

14-7 Oklahoma. I’m pretty impressed at this moment that we stopped OU on any possession.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

21-7 OU. Each team has had 3 possessions so far.
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

21-14. This is gonna be a good one.