RichRod

Updates on your favorite former Tulane players & coaches & discuss their careers.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Re: RichRod

Post by ml wave »

gerryb323 wrote:
GreenieBacker wrote:The claim closes by asking to settle “all claims they may have against Richard A. Rodriguez, his wife, and their martial community for $7,500,000.”

:shock:

seriously? So what did the wife do to get stuck in this lawsuit?
And what does it have to do with the military?
Maybe they've opened up a dojo?
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Post by GretnaGrn »

ml wave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:
GreenieBacker wrote:The claim closes by asking to settle “all claims they may have against Richard A. Rodriguez, his wife, and their martial community for $7,500,000.”

A sexy dojo? :lol:
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

GretnaGrn wrote:A sexy dojo? :lol:
I think you just found a name for your fantasy football team next year!
DrHullabaloo
Navigator Level

Post by DrHullabaloo »

TUPF wrote:
long green wrote:20 years ago his issues weren't quite as big an issue. He also wouldn't have been here long enough for it to crop up probably.
So true. I had discussions with some old Navy jet jockeys who said in reference to the Tailhook scandal aftermath that those who failed to understand that the goal posts had moved were the ones whose careers would go down in flames. We called it “recognizes the right answer when shown”.

If your moral compass is not enough to keep your zipper zipped, maybe threatened loss of your career will.
This.

I was a big Rich Rod cheerleader when he was toying with us during the search that produced CJ. He's obviously a bully, and an effective one at that going as far as he did in this industry and having as much success as he has had.

I'm not deluded that everyone are choir boys. We are starved for success, but I really wonder how much of this we would have stomached in order to win and especially with how much the Greenwave community really wanted him so badly to come here. He lapped up the adoration we were giving him, we were reveling in the possibilities of rekindling our romance with him, and then he relished leaving us stranded at the altar.

There's other allegations I have been reading about his penchant for strip clubs and lap dances. Alabama actually wanted him to go there too, and then they fired Mike Price for his strip club escapades. Funny how these things work out they way that they do.

A lot of '98 team members have tweeted out their support of Rich Rod. Standing up for their own and loyalty, blah blah blah. I don't blame them, but my loyalty is for the best for the school and no, I don't want to win that badly thank you very much.

I just don't see how he would have worked out here with all of that drama. We fired that poor strength & conditioning coach for whatever her sin was and these Rich Rod allegations are eye poppers. Mike Fitts is a Quaker. Could you imagine the fall out?
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Ask the females who worked in the athletic department under the previous AD regime about how they were treated and then think about whether the alleged RR behavior would have been an issue. I know you know the stories, DrHullabaloo, because you and I know a lot of the same people.

That said, it would not have flown under Troy Dannen... Which is good.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

GretnaGrn wrote:
ml wave wrote:
gerryb323 wrote:

A sexy dojo? :lol:
Is there any other kind?