UCF NCAA National Championship Winner

For Discussion of Conference & Conference Teams other than Tulane
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Re: UCF NCAA National Championship Winner

Post by WaveProf »

In better news, UCF did get 4 first place votes. And the AAC has three teams in top 25: UCF (6), USF (21), and Memphis (25)

Boise was the only other G5 team (22)
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
MNAlum
Coach Level

Post by MNAlum »

PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

MNAlum wrote:UCF Pre-season #10 for 2018

https://theathletic.com/206571/2018/01/ ... -for-2018/
So far they have 3 OOC games finalized, Pitt, UNC, and FAU. The fourth opponent might be the difference between a shot at a tourney slot if they go undefeated. But that fourth would have to be pretty good and with the Pitt and UNC games already there, I'm betting the fourth will be a cupcake. If it is, another undefeated season still wouldn't get them in.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

PeteRasche wrote:
MNAlum wrote:UCF Pre-season #10 for 2018

https://theathletic.com/206571/2018/01/ ... -for-2018/
So far they have 3 OOC games finalized, Pitt, UNC, and FAU. The fourth opponent might be the difference between a shot at a tourney slot if they go undefeated. But that fourth would have to be pretty good and with the Pitt and UNC games already there, I'm betting the fourth will be a cupcake. If it is, another undefeated season still wouldn't get them in.
I see SC State at fbschedules.com, so yeah
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
OGSB
Emerald Circle

Post by OGSB »

UCF Fans Put Up Billboard in Tuscaloosa Asking for Home-and-Home Series With Alabama

I mentioned this to an LSU co-worker and he got pretty worked up about it. He fell back on the argument that UCF wouldn't have beaten Auburn if they had to face an SEC schedule. Of course, this was a moving of the goalposts as his position before the game was that UCF had no chance. So I pointed out that they were literally asking to play and he said they shouldn't have put it up in Tuscaloosa. I guess Hawaii would have been more appropriate.
Victory is never permanent
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

OGSB wrote:UCF Fans Put Up Billboard in Tuscaloosa Asking for Home-and-Home Series With Alabama

I mentioned this to an LSU co-worker and he got pretty worked up about it. He fell back on the argument that UCF wouldn't have beaten Auburn if they had to face an SEC schedule. Of course, this was a moving of the goalposts as his position before the game was that UCF had no chance. So I pointed out that they were literally asking to play and he said they shouldn't have put it up in Tuscaloosa. I guess Hawaii would have been more appropriate.
Well, it takes real intellectual curiosity to entertain any fact that does not fit the narrative in one’s head. Otherwise it’s just dismissed as Fake News. :wink:
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

WaveProf wrote:License plates on the way?

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... ation-bill
Wrong school. Miami is convicts ala Catholics v. Convicts
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count