Lindsey Scott

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Re: Lindsey Scott

Unread post by GreenieBacker »

if Scott does end up here, there will be one very angry QB on the bench next year.........
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by windywave »

GreenieBacker wrote:if Scott does end up here, there will be one very angry QB on the bench next year.........
you really tthink Lee is making a team?
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
Coach Level

Unread post by 1401973 »

GreenieBacker wrote:if Scott does end up here, there will be one very angry QB on the bench next year.........
Boo effing hoo. That's football. Banks and Scott are fully aware of how it works.
WF will have no room for negative anger BS that results in a bad locker room. Zero tolerance. You're angry? Good - go win your job back. If you can't, be ready to perform if and when we call on you. If you can't handle that, get the eff out of Dodge.

Seems the Alabama QB Hurts (with a 26-2 record as a starter) that was benched at half was rooting on his replacement last night. See the awesome post game interview below. Do you think he is any less competitive than Banks and Scott?
https://ru-clip.com/video/MadbpOWNjgY/j ... -espn.html
RI WAVE
Navigator Level

Unread post by RI WAVE »

Scott’s take on all the interest can be found at the bottom of this article. It is, what it is!

https://app.247sports.com/Article/Misso ... -113399797
TU23
President's Circle

Unread post by TU23 »

It's clear from 2 years of this offense that we need 2 QBs to play. In 2016, Brantley started multiple games either due to injury or ineffective play. Last year Banks missed a start and missed series here and there. It's going to happen when your QB runs a lot. So no matter what happens, we're going to play at least 2 QBs next year.

Competition is good for everyone and its badly needed at QB. At Tulane, he'll have a legitimate chance to compete this year. If he comes up short, he'll still get playing time and will be the front runner to start in 2019 with 2 years of eligibility. At Mizzou, he's definitely sitting behind Drew Lock. They also have some talented young QBs in Micah Wilson and Taylor Powell, so playing time is not a given. If he wants to go to Mizzou and fight for PT, then more power to him. But PT was supposedly his reason for leaving LSU...so we'll see if his priorities have changed.

Whatever school Scott chooses, I hope he does it for the right reasons. I went to Tulane because that's where I wanted to be...knowing that I wouldn't play nearly as much as I would at another school. If he wants to be at Mizzou (or Kansas or WMU) for the right reasons (i.e. education, scheme fit, relationships with coaches), I couldn't possibly fault him.

On the flip side, if he chooses a school simply because of conference affiliation or because his "advisers" wanted him to go to a certain school or because he was promised that he would be the starter without having to earn it....is that really the kind of guy you want leading your team?
This one belongs to the Wave.
TU23
President's Circle

Unread post by TU23 »

RI WAVE wrote:Scott’s take on all the interest can be found at the bottom of this article. It is, what it is!

https://app.247sports.com/Article/Misso ... -113399797
Here's one thing to remember about this article....Mizzou starts school on Jan 16th just like Tulane. If Scott is going to visit Mizzou, he has to do it this weekend or else he's going to end up sitting out the Spring Semester and miss Spring football or he's going to end up starting school late.

Mizzou is facing an uphill battle to get Eddie Smith and/or Devin Brumfield, too....so there's a very real shot that they end up with none of those LA kids.
long green
Cornerstone

Unread post by long green »

I wonder if there's a Plan B for QB recruits after Scott.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

its clear to me that Scot isn't really interested in coming here so I sure do hope we have a Plan B
olivengreen
Navigator Level

Unread post by olivengreen »

GreenieBacker wrote:its clear to me that Scot isn't really interested in coming here so I sure do hope we have a Plan B
Well we did sign a nice qb who should do very well here.
Proud member of the Greenbackers!!!!!
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

I agree, I really, really like Chase Daniels the QB who signed with us and started school early. Smart, fast, and a true dual threat QB. Rather than Scott I would rather see us get another LB and perhaps the right RB.
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Unread post by Rotorooter »

GreenieBacker wrote:its clear to me that Scot isn't really interested in coming here so I sure do hope we have a Plan B
With the P5 comment, it is abundantly clear Tulane is Scott's backstop, no more. Daniels looks good, so does McLain; we could use another QB, but we'll probably have to wait until 2019 recruiting. Of course, not ruling out a "surprise," but at QB, there are few surprises. Jalen Hurts? :lol:
Plan your work, work your plan.
TU23
President's Circle

Unread post by TU23 »

I think if we don't sign Scott and we don't have a plan B (not sure if we do or not), we'd better hope and pray that Banks doesn't get hurt because none of the other QBs on the roster are ready to play. I don't care if Scott is the starter or the backup or if there's another seasoned QB as plan B (which I hope there is), but if Banks goes down for any significant period (more than 1 game) and we have to play McClain or Daniels, we could easily go 3-9 or 4-8. This is a pivotal year for Fritz. 4-8, 5-7...you need to win 6, 7 or 8 games this year to keep momentum.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tjtlja »

There are a lot of QB's out there and I am sure the staff will get their guy. Like TU23, if Scott is dwelling on this P5 BS, we really don't want him. He will not be happy and we don't want that for the kid or Tulane. Like Scott said in the article, he has not found his fit. It is a difficult process and the kid wants to get it right this time. My son went through the same thing and thankfully he made the right choice. I think whoever Scott signs with in the next week or so will continue to raise questions in this kids mind until the season actually starts.

With the late period approaching, I think we will land a QB. If things break right, we will add a TE, DL, and LB.
CT Wave
Coach Level

Unread post by CT Wave »

Remember this comment is talking to the Mizzou writer. So I take the P5 reference with a grain of salt.

""Obviously like the chance to compete on the P5 level, as well as play with my childhood friend (Adam Sparks)," Scott said. "I don't know much about where they are going in terms of system at this point. Drew (Locke's) decision to stay or leave would have to be factored also. I like them no doubt. But lots of questions left. All these schools for one reason or another are on equal footing."
"You're not here on scholarship to lose. I didn't recruit you to lose. Losing is abnormal; losing is unusual; losing is unacceptable. That's not what we're here for."
Bob Knight
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by ml wave »

CT Wave wrote:Remember this comment is talking to the Mizzou writer. So I take the P5 reference with a grain of salt.

""Obviously like the chance to compete on the P5 level, as well as play with my childhood friend (Adam Sparks)," Scott said. "I don't know much about where they are going in terms of system at this point. Drew (Locke's) decision to stay or leave would have to be factored also. I like them no doubt. But lots of questions left. All these schools for one reason or another are on equal footing."
This couldn't be a more innocuous quote...there's no reason to get bent out of shape here. Personally, I wouldn't have any interest in a QB who wouldn't like the chance to compete on the P5 level.
Saintgreenie
Breaker Level

Unread post by Saintgreenie »

Rotorooter wrote:
With the P5 comment, it is abundantly clear Tulane is Scott's backstop, no more. Daniels looks good, so does McLain; we could use another QB, but we'll probably have to wait until 2019 recruiting. Of course, not ruling out a "surprise," but at QB, there are few surprises. Jalen Hurts? :lol:
I have some bad news on the bolded...
waverider
Cornerstone

Unread post by waverider »

Saintgreenie wrote:
Rotorooter wrote:
is he leaving? Hurt? Dead??????

If we land Scott, or even if we don't, I wouldn't be surprised to see McClain transfer. Banks, Daniels and a QB to be named later could all be in front of him on the depth chart next year.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
QuarterbackU
Regent's Circle

Unread post by QuarterbackU »

Scott has always been a good diplomat in these types of stories.

I feel some of the Missouri pleasantries go along with knowing your audience (reporter covering Missouri recruiting). See the story in the NOLA paper about Tulane recruiting him the hardest.

Again, he is a great student and a big fan of Russell Wilson. Take two years to get your Tulane degree and get enough good D-1 film to become a grad-transfer to a dream school.

In the meantime, all of his extended family can see him play each home game.

If he waits until Tuesday of next week to make the announcement, with the Saints possibly being eliminated at that point and College football is over, he would absolutely own the local news cycle for the day.

I would imagine he stays in New Orleans (at Tulane) if there is no announcement by Friday. Again, he doesn't shy away from the local media - so if he was Missouri/Kansas/WMU bound - he would want his day in the spotlight with local Southern Louisiana news stations - before moving to his new destination (and then being out of reach to get some film clips from).
Tulane Alum | T-Club Member | Season Ticket Holder
waverider
Cornerstone

Unread post by waverider »

ml wave wrote:
CT Wave wrote:Remember this comment is talking to the Mizzou writer. So I take the P5 reference with a grain of salt.

This couldn't be a more innocuous quote...there's no reason to get bent out of shape here. Personally, I wouldn't have any interest in a QB who wouldn't like the chance to compete on the P5 level.
I don't know how much water the rumors held back when Scott was in HS, but a couple different people told me that he was interested in coming here but that his dad was the one convincing him he's too good for Tulane.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
Saintgreenie
Breaker Level

Unread post by Saintgreenie »

waverider wrote:
Saintgreenie wrote:
Rotorooter wrote:
is he leaving? Hurt? Dead??????

If we land Scott, or even if we don't, I wouldn't be surprised to see McClain transfer. Banks, Daniels and a QB to be named later could all be in front of him on the depth chart next year.
Someone posted it on the main board, but he's transferring per twitter.
QuarterbackU
Regent's Circle

Unread post by QuarterbackU »

Western Michigan's classes started yesterday.

It seems to me if that is where he wanted to be, he would be up there and enrolled and making sure his classes were a good fit.

I think it is practical to eliminate the Broncos at this point.
Tulane Alum | T-Club Member | Season Ticket Holder
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Unread post by WaveProf »

Nothing about that quote should worry anyone.

That said, I've been pessimistic about Scott coming. But I do wonder if McClain leaving is a sign that Scott is coming.

I'm with LG though, there isn't a lot of sign that we have a backup plan if Scott says no. Maybe there is one, but I haven't seen a sign.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Unread post by tjtlja »

With McClain gone, we should probably sign two more QB's. If Scott doesn't come, we need to get someone with experience. We also need a 5th guy to increase our chances that we have an AAC QB other than Banks.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Baywave1 »

QuarterbackU wrote:Western Michigan's classes started yesterday.

It seems to me if that is where he wanted to be, he would be up there and enrolled and making sure his classes were a good fit.

I think it is practical to eliminate the Broncos at this point.
A number of P5 schools are on the quarter system and I believe all (or 95%) of them started yesterday. So they are off the table. More evidence that not that many schools are recruiting Scott. He must really be only 5'9" because when you look at his success on the field, you'd think he'd be getting more interest. But hey I guess watching him play biased some of us around here.

Hey I now see GA former starter QB is on transfer market. Is Hurst next? (Just joking but this stuff is changing hourly for everyone not just Tulane.) Who was the guy Hurst replaced last season who then left almost immediately?
Donny Z
President's Circle

Unread post by Donny Z »

Drew Lock is returning to Missouri for his Sr season

https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/stat ... 1906457600