MBB vs Memphis we lose 95-89

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Re: MBB vs Memphis we lose 95-89

Post by ml wave »

Baywave1 wrote:
ml wave wrote:
GreenieBacker wrote:Melvin is the most disruptive player we have (in a good way). Unfortunately, as Baywave noted, he usually plays the whole game, is put on the opponent's best player (because he's our single best defender) and he doesn't spend the game hurling long bombs from way out...........he's constantly driving to the basket. I'm amazed he can do all of that all game long.
And all of this after that grueling exhibition schedule (two games in three days!). That's truly the untold story of this season, how we've managed to overcome those obstacles.
Please be direct. What's your point?
That we are having a ~successful season thus far despite the hardship of playing two exhibition games in three days.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Baywave1 wrote:
ml wave wrote:
GreenieBacker wrote:Melvin is the most disruptive player we have (in a good way). Unfortunately, as Baywave noted, he usually plays the whole game, is put on the opponent's best player (because he's our single best defender) and he doesn't spend the game hurling long bombs from way out...........he's constantly driving to the basket. I'm amazed he can do all of that all game long.
And all of this after that grueling exhibition schedule (two games in three days!). That's truly the untold story of this season, how we've managed to overcome those obstacles.
That he gets off by keeping track of everything posted that he finds incorrect or outlandish and uses it to make snarky digs at people for years to come while never posting an original opinion of his own?

(wait, you already knew that, didn't you?)
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

PeteRasche wrote:
Baywave1 wrote:
ml wave wrote:
That he gets off by keeping track of everything posted that he finds incorrect or outlandish and uses it to make snarky digs at people for years to come while never posting an original opinion of his own?

Ooh, someone's mad online!
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

ml wave wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:
Baywave1 wrote:
ml wave wrote:

I got over letting you get off on arguing with me a long time ago. But the truth is all over this board for anyone to see. Whatever makes you feel good about yourself, I guess.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

Pete, Good summary.

It's fun watching Melvin live in exhibitions and games that count. Hope you can see him play in person sooner rather than later.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

Are we going to start calling each other "Dave" and "Jim" and "Marcus" again?
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

gerryb323 wrote:Are we going to start calling each other "Dave" and "Jim" and "Marcus" again?
Well, Gerry, we'll just have to wait and see. 8)
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

gerryb323 wrote:Are we going to start calling each other "Dave" and "Jim" and "Marcus" again?
I was just trying to proactively prevent another "Baywave1 vs. ml wave" 5-page rant. :angel:
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Post by NJwave »

PeteRasche wrote:
I was just trying to proactively prevent another "Baywave1 vs. ml wave" 5-page rant. :angel:
Seriously. We all root for Tulane. It baffles me that some people come on here just to bash people for no reason. I like reading opinions on the same game that I saw especially those like you that have been part of the program or have kids that are part of the program like my friend in Texas.

If I wanted to get mocked while discussing Tulane sports I would talk to my wife.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

NJwave wrote:If I wanted to get mocked while discussing Tulane sports I would talk to my wife.
Our wives must have met. Even worse, my wife went to a Seven Sister’s college. Does “why do you keep doing this to yourself” sound familiar? :lol:
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

Heck, just living in N.O. gets you more than your fair share of mockery when trying to discuss Tulane Sports. Baffles me as well when someone does it here as well, over and over.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
randymc
President's Circle

Post by randymc »

meanwhile, the AAC is getting crowded below Wich. State and Cincinnati; lots of clubs like Tulane with 2 losses. SMU with 3 losses now; Temple beats SMU in Dallas, ending the Mustangs long home court winning streak. Where's Larry Brown when you need him?
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

Marrying a Tulane fan may require mockery on a regular basis. I can't count the number of times she has said some version of "Does any of this even matter?"

And we've not been married two years yet :lol:
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Post by Rotorooter »

randymc wrote: Where's Larry Brown when you need him?
Probably looking for his next coaching gig. There are two NBA teams and 41 NCAA schools he hasn't coached yet.
Plan your work, work your plan.
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Post by Rotorooter »

tulaneoutlaw wrote:Marrying a Tulane fan may require mockery on a regular basis. I can't count the number of times she has said some version of "Does any of this even matter?"

LOL. Just take her to NOLA 1-2x per year and she'll get used to it. My wife of 30 years is on board, but only if we get to go to NOLA.

My kids, however, are another story. My youngest, in the sports digital media biz, has had enough. He just rolls his eyes whenever "Tulane" comes out of my mouth. I get enough from him to last a lifetime. He has bought into the "you're P5 or you're nothing" nonsense.
GretnaGrn
Regent's Circle

Post by GretnaGrn »

TUPF wrote:
NJwave wrote:If I wanted to get mocked while discussing Tulane sports I would talk to my wife.
Our wives must have met. Even worse, my wife went to a Seven Sister’s college. Does “why do you keep doing this to yourself” sound familiar? :lol:
My wife went to Southeastern and I still hear that refrain.... :lol:
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Post by Rotorooter »

GretnaGrn wrote:
TUPF wrote:
My wife went to Southeastern and I still hear that refrain.... :lol:
Perhaps we get a spot on the next DirecTV commercial? Having cable is like rooting for Tulane sports?
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

tulaneoutlaw wrote:Marrying a Tulane fan may require mockery on a regular basis. I can't count the number of times she has said some version of "Does any of this even matter?"

Next time this comes up with your wife of under two years, share this.

I don’t drink to excess (unless Tulane is getting beaten particularly badly) and if I do, it’s at home. I don’t have expensive vices like a lot of spouses do: I don’t gamble, don’t spend all my time working on cars, don’t buy multiple-thousand dollar bicycles, don’t try to pose as a biker dude with a $20k Harley, don’t spend all my time in fantasy leagues. I am a good spouse. I raise the toilet seat and do all the honey-do lists without fail. So give me this one thing. I am a Tulane fan, God help me. Yes, they lose a lot, but when they win...oh my! No matter the agony, there is sometimes ecstasy. And in the final analysis, it’s all harmless. Would you rather your husband REALLY get into trouble?
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

Hey, that's my line as well! :lol:
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

TUPF wrote:Next time this comes up with your wife of under two years, share this.

I don’t drink to excess (unless Tulane is getting beaten particularly badly) and if I do, it’s at home. I don’t have expensive vices like a lot of spouses do: I don’t gamble, don’t spend all my time working on cars, don’t buy multiple-thousand dollar bicycles, don’t try to pose as a biker dude with a $20k Harley, don’t spend all my time in fantasy leagues. I am a good spouse. I raise the toilet seat and do all the honey-do lists without fail. So give me this one thing. I am a Tulane fan, God help me. Yes, they lose a lot, but when they win...oh my! No matter the agony, there is sometimes ecstasy. And in the final analysis, it’s all harmless. Would you rather your husband REALLY get into trouble?
Absolutely brilliant.

I tell my wife this board takes the place of a group of friends with whom I could talk Tulane sports. I don't live where there is a group of Tulane people around (at work, for example), so I can either be on the board or discuss it with her. She opts for the board. :mrgreen:
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Post by Rotorooter »

TUPF wrote:

Sounds like me--my only guilty pleasures are Tulane football and James Bond movies. She's cool with it and knows what to expect and knows not to rock the boat.
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

TUPF wrote:
Exactly. Tuesday night she again asked 'why do you do this to yourself' for the millionth time in 35 years. She even brought up how I would go up in the attic (when we were first married) as I could pick up WWL's signal and the games. And then I remind her that after our wedding reception and after getting to our wedding night suite, I first searched the AM radio waves to see if I could pick up WWL to catch the score of the '82 game with lsu. Priorities.
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

TUPF wrote:
Good Lord the two of you married incorrectly. My wife wouldn't dream of mocking my support for any of my teams. The fact she doesn't know if a football is blown up or stuffed helps there.. and she's a Cubs fan, so humility is pretty much in the DNA. She even accommodates me by leaving the house with my daughter during Saints games because of how evil I get when things go south.
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
tulaneoutlaw
Regent's Circle

Post by tulaneoutlaw »

TUPF wrote:

This made me smile. And it might actually work. Thanks TUPF. :mrgreen:
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

PeteRasche wrote:
ml wave wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:
Baywave1 wrote:
ml wave wrote:

I got over letting you get off on arguing with me a long time ago. But the truth is all over this board for anyone to see. Whatever makes you feel good about yourself, I guess.
Good call...I always keep posting about stuff that I'm over as well.