Lindsey Scott

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Re: Lindsey Scott

Post by Rotorooter »

Baywave1 wrote:
QuarterbackU wrote:Western Michigan's classes started yesterday.

It seems to me if that is where he wanted to be, he would be up there and enrolled and making sure his classes were a good fit.

I think it is practical to eliminate the Broncos at this point.
A number of P5 schools are on the quarter system and I believe all (or 95%) of them started yesterday. So they are off the table. More evidence that not that many schools are recruiting Scott. He must really be only 5'9" because when you look at his success on the field, you'd think he'd be getting more interest. But hey I guess watching him play biased some of us around here.

Hey I now see GA former starter QB is on transfer market. Is Hurst next? (Just joking but this stuff is changing hourly for everyone not just Tulane.) Who was the guy Hurst replaced last season who then left almost immediately?
Eason is going to Washington. Wouldn't be a fit for our offense in any case as he is a pro-style QB. Would love to know the back story on McClain.
Plan your work, work your plan.
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

Donny Z wrote:Drew Lock is returning to Missouri for his Sr season

https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/stat ... 1906457600
As he should.
FW
Cornerstone

Post by FW »

If we don't get Scott, and if (when) he doesn't win the starting job at Miami, we should call Cade Weldon, Casey's son. He's more of a passer than the typical Fritz QB, but he has wheels (as well as a cannon). Now, when Malik Rosier loses the starting job and transfers as a grad transfer for the upcoming season, we should not answer the phone.
randymc
President's Circle

Post by randymc »

FW...is L. Scott in play for Miami as well now or are you just making a point about all the QB transfers around the USA?
CT Wave
Coach Level

Post by CT Wave »

FW wrote:If we don't get Scott, and if (when) he doesn't win the starting job at Miami, we should call Cade Weldon, Casey's son. He's more of a passer than the typical Fritz QB, but he has wheels (as well as a cannon). Now, when Malik Rosier loses the starting job and transfers as a grad transfer for the upcoming season, we should not answer the phone.
I understand the he in this quote to refer to Cade Weldon. Thought it was confusing the first time I read it.
"You're not here on scholarship to lose. I didn't recruit you to lose. Losing is abnormal; losing is unusual; losing is unacceptable. That's not what we're here for."
Bob Knight
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

FW wrote:... if (when) he doesn't win the starting job at Miami, we should call Cade Weldon, Casey's son.
So you're into tampering? Calling backups to inquire about transfers isn't really how it works (legally)...
FW
Cornerstone

Post by FW »

Yeah, I meant

1. If we don't get Scott
2. If (when) Cade Weldon doesn't win the starting job at Miami (they have a 4-star N'Kosi Perry who is Richt's favorite and just signed another 4-star Jarren Williams in Dec.) we should go after him (obviously after he announces he's transferring, so as not to tamper).
3. I was making a joke about Rosier. He'll probably go to USA as he's from Mobile and will be a grad transfer and wouldn't want to compete with Banks
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

Baywave1 wrote:
QuarterbackU wrote:Western Michigan's classes started yesterday.

It seems to me if that is where he wanted to be, he would be up there and enrolled and making sure his classes were a good fit.

I think it is practical to eliminate the Broncos at this point.
A number of P5 schools are on the quarter system and I believe all (or 95%) of them started yesterday. So they are off the table. More evidence that not that many schools are recruiting Scott. He must really be only 5'9" because when you look at his success on the field, you'd think he'd be getting more interest. But hey I guess watching him play biased some of us around here.

Hey I now see GA former starter QB is on transfer market. Is Hurst next? (Just joking but this stuff is changing hourly for everyone not just Tulane.) Who was the guy Hurst replaced last season who then left almost immediately?
You can still enroll after classes have started. There's no deadline here...it wouldn't make a lot of sense for him to miss spring practice but he could theoretically wait until August if he wanted.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

ml wave wrote:There's no deadline here...it wouldn't make a lot of sense for him to miss spring practice but he could theoretically wait until August if he wanted.
Awesome, maybe this thread can reach 30 pages by then... :dots:
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

PeteRasche wrote:
ml wave wrote:There's no deadline here...it wouldn't make a lot of sense for him to miss spring practice but he could theoretically wait until August if he wanted.
over under on what happens first, 50pgs or Scott signs with a school.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Post by Rotorooter »

waverider wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:
over under on what happens first, 50pgs or Scott signs with a school.
I'll take the under since nobody has posted anything substantive in two days and the fish-or-cut-bait day is Monday.
Plan your work, work your plan.
fearthewave
Breaker Level

Post by fearthewave »

Oregon State offered today.

FWIW, a contact I trust who thought we were the leader 48 hours ago expects the Beavers will be the lean now. I am setting my expectations low on this one.

EDIT: Also, OSU can accept an enrollment until Jan. 20th (classes lock two weeks into classes). We should have an answer within the week.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

Why I like the early signing date so much. The later date(s) give these P5 Programs that are striking out on their top picks the opportunity to see where their alternate choices are leaning and then offer.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

fearthewave wrote:Oregon State offered today.

FWIW, a contact I trust who thought we were the leader 48 hours ago expects the Beavers will be the lean now. I am setting my expectations low on this one.

EDIT: Also, OSU can accept an enrollment until Jan. 20th (classes lock two weeks into classes). We should have an answer within the week.
Well, if he's looking to get far away from home ....

also --
https://twitter.com/_lj18_/status/951948693095223302
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

And at the 11th hour, Scott gets the P5 offer he was holding out for...

So we'll see how much truth was in the "hoping to stay close to home" stuff because OSU is not far from being the farthest possible P5 there is.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

He also tweeted thanks to the a Tulane coaching staff for stopping by today. It also coincides with the day McClesky tweeted that he was excited about his first day as a recruiter.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
FW
Cornerstone

Post by FW »

If he wants to spend the next two years in Corvallis

tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

Man, recruiting is a tough racket. We recruit the kid non-stop for how many years and Oregon State recruits him for one week and they are the leader. Following this as a fan is tough, but I cannot imagine how tough these decisions are on the coaches.

As smart as Scott is I cannot comprehend how he would think Corvallis is a better alternative to Tulane. Education, New Orleans, family, friends, home, food, weather, and competition. Yes, competition. Throw out the P5 BS. We would likely be a home favorite against OSU. How much better is the PAC 12 than the AAC? I say it is very small given the final 2017 rankings. The schedule we play is not that much different than the schedule Scott would inherit at Tulane. I know I have green glasses on but the PAC 12 is the PAC 12. Most experts thought the AAC should have had a team in the playoffs. Not one of the so called experts (even the bias idiots at ESPN) thought any PAC 12 team belonged in the final four. I hope this kid can back away from all the noise and see the light.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

tjtlja wrote:Man, recruiting is a tough racket. We recruit the kid non-stop for how many years and Oregon State recruits him for one week and they are the leader. Following this as a fan is tough, but I cannot imagine how tough these decisions are on the coaches.

As smart as Scott is I cannot comprehend how he would think Corvallis is a better alternative to Tulane. Education, New Orleans, family, friends, home, food, weather, and competition. Yes, competition. Throw out the P5 BS. We would likely be a home favorite against OSU. How much better is the PAC 12 than the AAC? I say it is very small given the final 2017 rankings. The schedule we play is not that much different than the schedule Scott would inherit at Tulane. I know I have green glasses on but the PAC 12 is the PAC 12. Most experts thought the AAC should have had a team in the playoffs. Not one of the so called experts (even the bias idiots at ESPN) thought any PAC 12 team belonged in the final four. I hope this kid can back away from all the noise and see the light.
All great points. But there were almost as many good points about why he should have picked Tulane over LSU in the first place and we know how that turned out.
klazaroe
Crest Level

Post by klazaroe »

Look for Scott to make his decision tomorrow. Right now, we are in the lead.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

PeteRasche wrote:And at the 11th hour, Scott gets the P5 offer he was holding out for...

So we'll see how much truth was in the "hoping to stay close to home" stuff because OSU is not far from being the farthest possible P5 there is.
This is his 3rd such offer this go-around.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
sr
Regent's Circle

Post by sr »

Another Pac12 comment - when OSU is coming on ESPN it's 9:30 - 10:00 PM in Texas, Louisiana and points East. Half the country is not paying attention.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

Stanford has had multiple really great Heisman candidates the past decade or so on almost perpetual Top 10 teams who could not get over the top because Eastern media missed seeing fifty percent plus of their games. OSU gets even less coverage. This is not an SEC type pub platform. Corvallis is a pretty place but it ain't the bayou. Plus prestige-wise it is perpetually 2cd banana to NIKE U. BMOC has a special meaning there. If he wants an absolutely new college and cultural experience, Corvallis is it. But you can pump your own gas.

I'm still rooting for Tulane. We'll see.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

long green wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:And at the 11th hour, Scott gets the P5 offer he was holding out for...

This is his 3rd such offer this go-around.
I saw Missouri... who else? I was specifically saying "11th hour", I wouldn't consider Missouri 11th hour (or whoever else I forgot, who must have been before Mizzou).

Point being, as I said pages ago, if the P5 label didn't matter, he'd have signed with us a month ago and would already be in classes. He's not waiting on another G5 offer.

Or... Is it possible there's a credit transfer issue going on behind the scenes? For all we know he's already told us yes but the administration is saying no (see recent baseball issues). It would be a shame if he wants to be here and Tulane's rules won't let him (especially if word of this were the reason McClain left).
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

Kansas had offered as well
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.