Lindsey Scott

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Re: Lindsey Scott

Post by PeteRasche »

waverider wrote:
FW wrote:Has anyone confirmed that he's, in fact, a real person? This could be the greatest catfishing of all time.
I heard he was related to Manti Te’o’s ex-girlfriend
Oh, the woman Marcus Williams tackled on the last play of the game last Sunday night?

/too soon?
//admittedly stolen from a comedian
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Post by Yankeewave »

its like Waiting for Godot
FW
Cornerstone

Post by FW »

PeteRasche wrote:
waverider wrote:
FW wrote:Has anyone confirmed that he's, in fact, a real person? This could be the greatest catfishing of all time.
I heard he was related to Manti Te’o’s ex-girlfriend
Oh, the woman Marcus Williams tackled on the last play of the game last Sunday night?

/too soon?
//admittedly stolen from a comedian
MattK
President's Circle

Post by MattK »

Ha Ha Ha

WaveProf
Cornerstone

Post by WaveProf »

WIth ice closures, he's only missed one day of classes for T/R and one day of classes for M/W/F. You can come in this weekend and still not be behind Lindsey!!!! :angel:
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

I believe Scott is on his official visit at Missouri this weekend.
Tulane49
Navigator Level

Post by Tulane49 »

tjtlja wrote:I believe Scott is on his official visit at Missouri this weekend.
https://twitter.com/swiltfong247/status ... 8121847809
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

UM is a semester school like Tulane. I always thought it was MLTN that Scott would sign somewhere to practice in spring to maximize likelihood of fall playing time as a QB in a new system. I guess it's still possible if he signs with a quarter academic school which holds practice in Spring quarter.

I know he can still enroll late for this semester so we'll see. But it looks every day like he may be home schooled for next few months while he waits for his dream boat to come in.

Will Fritz allow Scott to continue to use Tulane as his "safety" college pick? No clue here. One can make a very strong argument either way.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

Of his P5 choices, KU, OSU, and Mizzou, Mizzou is by far the qorst choice. I feel Tulane ia better than all three obviously but Mizzou the University, not just the athletics, is a dumpster fire.
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
SomeBiz
Riptide Level

Post by SomeBiz »

His eligibility for scholarship money now starts with the new school year. He's already missed his best opportunity to make the case for being the starter this fall anywhere by missing the JUCO signing deadline.

There are a lot of assumptions made in this thread about Scott's decisions. He's under 21, so he needs a parent to sign on to the LOI. It very well may be the biggest factor of all in determining where he lands.
Tulane class of '79
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Missouri sounds like the best choice from many standpoints. Kansas is the grease fire to end all cfb grease fires and Or St might be the historically worst of all p5 programs. But Mizzou's bowl season was fool's gold aided by the crashing of Tenn & UF & Arky in the same year. It didn't fool their own fans & the hire of Derek Dooley as OC was ill-received up there. I think Scott signs there because it has a "clear" path to starting im the SEC in '19.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

long green wrote:Missouri sounds like the best choice from many standpoints. Kansas is the grease fire to end all cfb grease fires and Or St might be the historically worst of all p5 programs. But Mizzou's bowl season was fool's gold aided by the crashing of Tenn & UF & Arky in the same year. It didn't fool their own fans & the hire of Derek Dooley as OC was ill-received up there. I think Scott signs there because it has a "clear" path to starting im the SEC in '19.
Mizzou has serious institutional issues at the university level
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
GSx
Emerald Circle

Post by GSx »

windywave wrote:
long green wrote:Missouri sounds like the best choice from many standpoints. Kansas is the grease fire to end all cfb grease fires and Or St might be the historically worst of all p5 programs. But Mizzou's bowl season was fool's gold aided by the crashing of Tenn & UF & Arky in the same year. It didn't fool their own fans & the hire of Derek Dooley as OC was ill-received up there. I think Scott signs there because it has a "clear" path to starting im the SEC in '19.
Indeed.
I will also point out that Mizzou runs on the same academic calendar as Tulane, so I suppose there is still a chance.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

windywave wrote:
Don't sign there, then. I don't see Scott having the same reservations. My point was that Mizzou's seeming superiority for football reasons may not be as strong as it seems. Again, that might not deter Scott & his father who have already shown they can make iffy decisions for shaky reasons at suboptimal times.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Post by Rotorooter »

long green wrote:
windywave wrote:
Don't sign there, then. I don't see Scott having the same reservations. My point was that Mizzou's seeming superiority for football reasons may not be as strong as it seems. Again, that might not deter Scott & his father who have already shown they can make iffy decisions for shaky reasons at suboptimal times.
I totally agree and I think it is time to forget this guy, or at least quit spending the time to recruit him. He knows we want him. He also knows Banks will be our starter. He wants to play P5 (or at least his father wants him to play for one), come hell or high water. Spend our time courting other QBs like Smith or any grad transfers that have been discussed. I'm getting blue balls just watching this mess. At this point, going to his house to tell him we want him is a waste of time and resources.

I agree with NJWave on another thread; after 15 pages, it's time to stop talking about Lindsey effing Scott.
Plan your work, work your plan.
TU23
President's Circle

Post by TU23 »

We aren’t waiting for Lindsey Scott and holding off on signing someone else. We’re recruiting other players for that spot. If Scott chooses Tulane, great. If he doesn’t, fine. But you don’t stop recruiting him because he’s visiting other schools or sees Tulane as his safety school. If he can help you, you keep recruiting him hard. You don’t save a spot for him if there’s another difference maker out there, but you can’t get your feelings hurt doing this...especially when you are returning 2 scholarship QBs.
This one belongs to the Wave.
tjtlja
Regent's Circle

Post by tjtlja »

TU23 wrote:We aren’t waiting for Lindsey Scott and holding off on signing someone else. We’re recruiting other players for that spot. If Scott chooses Tulane, great. If he doesn’t, fine. But you don’t stop recruiting him because he’s visiting other schools or sees Tulane as his safety school. If he can help you, you keep recruiting him hard. You don’t save a spot for him if there’s another difference maker out there, but you can’t get your feelings hurt doing this...especially when you are returning 2 scholarship QBs.

Exactly. We have to fight to get these type of players and the staff has done a terrific job regardless where he goes. Keep recruiting him until we cannot.
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Post by wavedom »

TU23 wrote:We aren’t waiting for Lindsey Scott and holding off on signing someone else. We’re recruiting other players for that spot. If Scott chooses Tulane, great. If he doesn’t, fine. But you don’t stop recruiting him because he’s visiting other schools or sees Tulane as his safety school. If he can help you, you keep recruiting him hard. You don’t save a spot for him if there’s another difference maker out there, but you can’t get your feelings hurt doing this...especially when you are returning 2 scholarship QBs.
Exactly. It's a tough game but one that must be played to get better.
We deserve so much better
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

wavedom wrote:
Exactly. It's a tough game but one that must be played to get better.
If someone wants to question Tulane's recruiting, it's not Fritz staying on Scott for reasons noted above. It's about not recruiting successfully any of your three backup quarterbacks (all with game experience in your system) to stay. But that's done.

It's like being upset in a winnable game like the FIU game. Can't get it back so you simply have to troop on and make the best of it.
TU23
President's Circle

Post by TU23 »

I think we need to address our offensive scheme in the offseason. I think we’re having trouble attracting QBs because most QBs want to throw the ball 25-30 times a game. I’d like to see us go fast tempo more and throw the ball more (20-30 more offensive plays a game). It would help a lot in recruiting.
1309th WAVE
Regent's Circle

Post by 1309th WAVE »

TU23 wrote:I think we need to address our offensive scheme in the offseason. I think we’re having trouble attracting QBs because most QBs want to throw the ball 25-30 times a game. I’d like to see us go fast tempo more and throw the ball more (20-30 more offensive plays a game). It would help a lot in recruiting.
I mean, we did show a bit of that towards the end of the season, whether it was because we think we had no choice or not depends on what narrative you want to push. From that, I can talk myself into us not being entirely SOL if we miss on Scott, but I'm still holding out hope.
TU23
President's Circle

Post by TU23 »

We’re going to have to throw more to keep our QBs healthy.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

TU23 wrote:I think we need to address our offensive scheme in the offseason. I think we’re having trouble attracting QBs because most QBs want to throw the ball 25-30 times a game. I’d like to see us go fast tempo more and throw the ball more (20-30 more offensive plays a game). It would help a lot in recruiting.
Interesting point: It is difficult to use small ball in any sport to appeal to average talented 17 old psyche. There are still solid QB prospects available though.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

As long as Willie Fritz is our coach that is what QB recruits will hear. No, I am not calling for a new head coach.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

If nothing else, Banks will be a sliding machine in 2018.