Lindsey Scott

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
long green
Cornerstone

Re: Lindsey Scott

Unread post by long green »

When he didn't sign on 12/20 it was OVER. Yes, you cut bait then.

Guerry Smith just tweeted that the staff pulled its offer on Friday. Even we had a breaking point.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
windywave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by windywave »

Of his P5 offers this was the worst one to accept. He obviously did not do his full due diligence. Well he will live and learn and probably rue this decision.
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
Poseidon
Regent's Circle

Unread post by Poseidon »

windywave wrote:Of his P5 offers this was the worst one to accept. He obviously did not do his full due diligence. Well he will live and learn and probably rue this decision.
I have to agree. I don't think staff stability MU is that great. I could easily see their HC gone in a year or two. Oregon St's staff situation is much more stable.
Quote:The Good - TULANE
The Bad - LSU
THe Ugly - USM
Honorable mention - Navy
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Unread post by TUPF »

I am in the minority here, but was done a long time ago. We were played. We were the backup prom date that didn’t get finally turned down until the few remaining prom tickets were almost sold out.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
pearlriverwave
Navigator Level

Unread post by pearlriverwave »

TUPF wrote:I am in the minority here, but was done a long time ago. We were played. We were the backup prom date that didn’t get finally turned down until the few remaining prom tickets were almost sold out.

I am with you and I feel we have a good freshman coming in. Alabama put a freshman in the biggest game of the year. We will be alright GO Wave
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Unread post by Rotorooter »

Poseidon wrote:Look at the passing numbers the mizzou qb put up compared to our passing game. That was the difference in the end IMO.
Most cogent argument for Mizzou that I've heard.
Poseidon wrote: know nobody wants to hear this either, but the saga could continue if gets beat out at Mizzou and he becomes a grad transfer.
No thank you. Harvard would be a good landing spot at that point. Go get a Harvard grad degree for nothing. But leave Tulane out of it. I've had enough teasing for a lifetime.
Plan your work, work your plan.
sr
Regent's Circle

Unread post by sr »

Out of sight, out of mind ....
FW
Cornerstone

Unread post by FW »

windywave wrote:
FW wrote:
windywave wrote:
FW wrote:
windywave wrote:
TU23 wrote:I think we need to address our offensive scheme in the offseason. I think we’re having trouble attracting QBs because most QBs want to throw the ball 25-30 times a game. I’d like to see us go fast tempo more and throw the ball more (20-30 more offensive plays a game). It would help a lot in recruiting.
Michigan, Nebraska, Clemson, Oregon, Army, Navy, Ga Tech, Alabama, Wisconsin, Penn State, and probably many others are run first oriented. Hell Dak Prescott, Jameis Winston, and 180K all played in run first offenses.
Jameis threw for 7500 yards on 851 attempts in 2 years.
In a run first offense. We need better O line play to establish the run so we can pass
It was not a run first offense. The year they won the national title, they had 530 passing attempts and 440 rushing attempts.
Just because they had more passes does not mean it is not a pass run offense.
Oh my G-d. I watched all of their games, I know what kind of offense they ran. It was a pro-style offense. Without Jameis, they used the run more to set up the pass, but with Jameis, they looked pass first. I know you can never be wrong, but you're wrong on this one.
G-wave
Navigator Level

Unread post by G-wave »

Now that it's over I will throw in my 2 cents worth. LS and his Dad believe he is a Pro prospect at 5'11 they may think he is the second coming of Drew Brees but the truth is he could not break the depth chart at lsu who isn't loaded with Blue Chip QBs. Enough said about that I would like to see us get one more good QB in this class but remember both Daniels and Ledford will be in for Spring and Fall practice and should know the OFF. Ledford completed just under 70% of his passes in HS and at the time the Staff wanted him at QB I say give him a fair shot.
Wave Revival
Navigator Level

Unread post by Wave Revival »

The fact is, if you want to become an NFL Quarterback you can go to North Dakota St, Wyoming or Central Florida. You don’t have to go to a P5 school and definitely not Missouri.
long green
Cornerstone

He's 5'10" tops. If he thinks he's been discriminated against because of his height so far he ain't seen nothing yet.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
waverider
Cornerstone

Unread post by waverider »

Wave Revival wrote:The fact is, if you want to become an NFL Quarterback you can go to North Dakota St, Wyoming or Central Florida. You don’t have to go to a P5 school and definitely not Missouri.
Shaun King
Patrick Ramsey
JP Losman
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Unread post by NJwave »

TUPF wrote:I am in the minority here, but was done a long time ago. We were played. We were the backup prom date that didn’t get finally turned down until the few remaining prom tickets were almost sold out.
See my comment several pages back where I said something similar about him.

We stroked this kids ego for far too long.
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Unread post by WaveProf »

Rotorooter wrote: No thank you. Harvard would be a good landing spot at that point. Go get a Harvard grad degree for nothing. But leave Tulane out of it. I've had enough teasing for a lifetime.
So you'd cut off your nose just to spite your face?

If we have a need and he has a desire, we'd be silly not to pursue considering we have a history with him. Two years is a long time. Things may work out for him at Mizzou, or we may be in a situation where we don't want/need him.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Unread post by TUPF »

WaveProf wrote:
Rotorooter wrote: No thank you. Harvard would be a good landing spot at that point. Go get a Harvard grad degree for nothing. But leave Tulane out of it. I've had enough teasing for a lifetime.
So you'd cut off your nose just to spite your face?

If we have a need and he has a desire, we'd be silly not to pursue considering we have a history with him. Two years is a long time. Things may work out for him at Mizzou, or we may be in a situation where we don't want/need him.
Short answer: yes.

This recruiting pas de deux went on far too long. Make a damn decision already and quit stringing people along.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
WaveProf
Cornerstone

Unread post by WaveProf »

TUPF wrote: This recruiting pas de deux went on far too long. Make a damn decision already and quit stringing people along.
I agree with this. I also agree with LG that we should have cut bait in December. Doesn't mean I wouldn't have ears in two years IF it fit.
“We will expect success in all endeavors and be prepared to assess and hold ourselves accountable when we aren't successful. Tulane is a top 40 academic institution and it should expect nothing less from its athletic department.” --Troy Dannen 11.5.16
wavedom
Regent's Circle

Unread post by wavedom »

FW wrote:
windywave wrote:
FW wrote:
windywave wrote:
FW wrote:
windywave wrote:
TU23 wrote:I think we need to address our offensive scheme in the offseason. I think we’re having trouble attracting QBs because most QBs want to throw the ball 25-30 times a game. I’d like to see us go fast tempo more and throw the ball more (20-30 more offensive plays a game). It would help a lot in recruiting.
Michigan, Nebraska, Clemson, Oregon, Army, Navy, Ga Tech, Alabama, Wisconsin, Penn State, and probably many others are run first oriented. Hell Dak Prescott, Jameis Winston, and 180K all played in run first offenses.
In a run first offense. We need better O line play to establish the run so we can pass
It was not a run first offense. The year they won the national title, they had 530 passing attempts and 440 rushing attempts.
Oh my G-d. I watched all of their games, I know what kind of offense they ran. It was a pro-style offense. Without Jameis, they used the run more to set up the pass, but with Jameis, they looked pass first. I know you can never be wrong, but you're wrong on this one.
You know they have an ignore function on this board.
We deserve so much better
windywave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by windywave »

FW wrote:
windywave wrote:
FW wrote:
windywave wrote:
FW wrote:
windywave wrote:
Pro style offenses are by definition run first philosophically.

I get your point, but going in Jameis did not know they would pass as much as they did with him.
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

I was right there with you. It was very, very clear that he was looking for a P5, any P5 (Kansas? OSU?) and Tualne was his fallback. I'm just glad we can all vent for a half day and then this thread can hopefully die the rightful death it had coming about a month ago.

Unless FW and Windy continue to argue about Winston.

Which they no doubt will.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Baywave1 »

Perhaps the early signing period in football (and may it be moved even earlier) will solve this for Tulane going forward. It's worked in academics where Tulane has stopped being the "safety" school for those applicants who really yearn to go elsewhere by using "Early Decision" to smoke those folks out. It has resulted in Tulane's quality of enrolled students to continue to improve dramatically. When the safety applicants find out in April that Harvard doesn't want them, it's too late to come to Tulane. Class is already full with those who want and value a Tulane education.

Most here would agree that Tulane had its best football recruiting class in years with the December signing date last month. It just needs to continue on that road.

Meanwhile good luck to Mr. Scott. I was rooting for us to sign the local kid. Not meant to be.

Let's go find a qb (or two!)
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Duplicate. Sorry. Mods, please delete.
waverider
Cornerstone

Unread post by waverider »

Jimmy Smith ironically took offense to Guerry saying Tulane pulled Scott's offer. They were having a Twitter argument about it. The ironic part is that any kid that picks a school not named lsu causes Smith to report how that lsu offer was "pulled days ago".
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
long green
Cornerstone

A Mizzou fan account also called Guerry names. I'll bet anything this originated with Scott's father. The connections between the Scotts & J.Smith are many and include that 7 on 7 team J.Smith is always on about.
Last edited by long green on Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

I was shocked, absolutely shocked, to see that Scott tweeted his commitment to Missouri ten minutes after Smith posted that Tulane had pulled his offer.

Best part here is that in this new media world, Tulane now at least has a true beat reporter providing timely news about Wave athletics. Smith's doing most of it on his own in true entrepreneurial fashion and doesn't have the regular platform that a full-time gig with NOLA or Advocate would provide but it's there nonetheless. Yesterday was an apparent example that it's having an effect.

Like others here, I'll keep beating the drum. Supporting Smith's efforts by subscribing to his site is worth it.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Pink duplicate. Sorry. I guess it was a Freudian trigger finger.