One Positive from Last Night....

Anyone can read this board. However, to post messages, you must register.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

One Positive from Last Night....

Unread post by Baywave1 »

Notwithstanding all comments here about aspects of last night (which I generally subscribe to), Tulane in the last three games has dramatically transformed its offense. Yes it still has outside shooting problems but against ECU, Temple and Tulsa, it relentlessly and very effectively attacked the basket. It has averaged over 40 points scoring in the paint and met that threshold in each game. In earlier conference play, it only achieved that once with 40 against Temple in its upset there.

Keep that inside play up, restore the outside shooting to "normal" levels and bring Melvin back 100% and perhaps we have a winning formula this season. Maybe it took a while for the team to get Dunleavy's system but even with all the current talent gaps and defensive holes, we could still see Tulane do some damage this year especially in the conference tournament.

Meanwhile they are fun to watch. This is about as far removed from Conroy's pass it around the perimeter and then heave a three at the shot clock buzzer as one can imagine.
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Re: One Positive from Last Night....

Unread post by Johnny Mac »

I am impressed with the progress Ajang has made... he went from "totally lost" to "hey this guy actually has some talent but is still raw"

Blake Paul has regressed to the point of wondering why he's getting minutes at all.
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
windywave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by windywave »

Johnny Mac wrote:I am impressed with the progress Ajang has made... he went from "totally lost" to "hey this guy actually has some talent but is still raw"

Blake Paul has regressed to the point of wondering why he's getting minutes at all.
This to infinity
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Unread post by GreenieBacker »

As someone who has been to a bunch of games the last few years, I second what JMac wrote. For whatever reason Pal has regressed to the point where he is nothing more than a shot blocker. Dunleavy needs to start Sehic and bring Ajang off the bench when Sehic needs a breather. Paul needs to be the third man.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
waverider
Cornerstone

Unread post by waverider »

I was just coming to post about our offense after seeing the tweet below.

We are 1 of only 24 (out of 347) D1 schools to have 5 guys averaging 10+ a game
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
waverider
Cornerstone

Unread post by waverider »

windywave wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:I am impressed with the progress Ajang has made... he went from "totally lost" to "hey this guy actually has some talent but is still raw"

This to infinity
He might block a shot?
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

waverider wrote:I was just coming to post about our offense after seeing the tweet below.

We are 1 of only 24 (out of 347) D1 schools to have 5 guys averaging 10+ a game
While still a good thing, this is also somewhat a comment on how many minutes those guys get and how shallow our bench is, or at least how "shallowly" it's used. And considering Sehic is a sub who hasn't played the lion's share of minutes, it shines greater light on the "why isn't he playing more?" question. Four starters who play a ton of minutes, and a sub who doesn't...