Andy Cannizzaro reportedly to be fired Tuesday (moving)

Updates on your favorite former Tulane players & coaches & discuss their careers.
noladave
Regent's Circle

Andy Cannizzaro reportedly to be fired Tuesday (moving)

Post by noladave »

QuarterbackU
Regent's Circle

Re: Andy Cannizzaro reportedly to be fired Tuesday (moving)

Post by QuarterbackU »

https://247sports.com/college/mississip ... -115324429

By the way, is J.P. France still with the Bulldogs? MSU used 11 other pitchers last weekend.
Tulane Alum | T-Club Member | Season Ticket Holder
1309th WAVE
Regent's Circle

Post by 1309th WAVE »

So is this a retroactive W for Dannen? Pending a LOT more information it's possible we vetted that at the time.
QuarterbackU
Regent's Circle

Post by QuarterbackU »

1309th WAVE wrote:So is this a retroactive W for Dannen?
If you go that route, you have to give Cowan a retroactive "W" for hiring Chris Scelfo instead of Coach Rod.
Tulane Alum | T-Club Member | Season Ticket Holder
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Post by NJwave »

Besides being swept by the in state school you don’t acknowledge exists, any idea what he did?
1309th WAVE
Regent's Circle

Post by 1309th WAVE »

NJwave wrote:Besides being swept by the in state school you don’t acknowledge exists, any idea what he did?
Might be an extramarital affair with someone who may or may not work for UF. There's a lot we don't know, maybe more comes out after the official announcement this morning, maybe it doesn't. I'm cynical enough to think that being swept in state by the in state school you don’t acknowledge exists certainly pushed this decision along.
randymc
President's Circle

Post by randymc »

lmao
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

I really wanted to stay out of all the threads involving anything Andy but I need to remind y'all that most of the stories about this situation are going to mention Tulane (as, for example, the one above) so we probably should not be gloating about this. It reflects poorly on Tulane (the scandal, if not the gloating).
NJwave
Regent's Circle

Post by NJwave »

PeteRasche wrote:I really wanted to stay out of all the threads involving anything Andy but I need to remind y'all that most of the stories about this situation are going to mention Tulane (as, for example, the one above) so we probably should not be gloating about this. It reflects poorly on Tulane (the scandal, if not the gloating).
I agree with you but you could also argue that there was something TD didn’t feel comfortable with during the interview process and didn’t hire Andy despite all the internal pressure. Taking that view, TD looks great.
Baywave1
Emerald Circle

Post by Baywave1 »

FWIW all the stories will mention LSU and the Yankees too.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

QuarterbackU wrote:https://247sports.com/college/mississip ... -115324429

By the way, is J.P. France still with the Bulldogs? MSU used 11 other pitchers last weekend.
In the opening weekend thread someone said he is hurt.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Baywave1 wrote:FWIW all the stories will mention LSU and the Yankees too.
Sure. But most of us don't care about them. I think it's a little tasteless to be happy about the failure of a former player of ours, regardless of the recent history. And especially if the stuff is true that he was having an affair while married with kids and another on the way. Yeah that's entirely on him but as a married father, I hate seeing that happen anywhere. His wife and kids have to live with that.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

NJwave wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:I really wanted to stay out of all the threads involving anything Andy but I need to remind y'all that most of the stories about this situation are going to mention Tulane (as, for example, the one above) so we probably should not be gloating about this. It reflects poorly on Tulane (the scandal, if not the gloating).
I agree with you but you could also argue that there was something TD didn’t feel comfortable with during the interview process and didn’t hire Andy despite all the internal pressure. Taking that view, TD looks great.
I saw on Twitter some calling this a "homerun" for TD which was disputed as "remaining to be seen". I agree about the hire of Jewett still remains but if TD knew something about AC when he made his decision I think he at least earns a ton of credit.
Tulane Greenbackers

waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

PeteRasche wrote:
Sure. But most of us don't care about them. I think it's a little tasteless to be happy about the failure of a former player of ours, regardless of the recent history. And especially if the stuff is true that he was having an affair while married with kids and another on the way. Yeah that's entirely on him but as a married father, I hate seeing that happen anywhere. His wife and kids have to live with that.
I also don't think that should be a fireable offense.
Tulane Greenbackers

Coach Level

Post by 1401973 »

He will always be one of my favorite Tulane players. He was a great defensive shortstop, hit for average, ran the bases, stole bases, tough as nails, a leader and above all else a tiger killer.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

So what if Tulane is mentioned in any articles about his firing? LSU will get mentioned as well. You think they care? He appears to have made bad decisions but those are his, not ours. I hope he comes out of this as well as he can.

That said, yeah, Troy is looking goooooood today.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Post by Rotorooter »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more-s ... ar-BBJlRNw

It says for cause. Statement from MSU due today--should be interesting.
Plan your work, work your plan.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

waverider wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:
I also don't think that should be a fireable offense.
An affair isn't necessarily (although in the Bible belt SEC, it may be), but an affair with someone in the department or at the school certainly could be. We don't know all the details and may never.

Regardless, in the court of public opinion, especially in today's social media atmosphere, there is no way to spin having an affair while married with kids and one on the way as being acceptable behavior, and news stories will indicate the behavior was by "a Tulane grad".
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

I bet more news stories mention LSU before they mention Tulane. Way more. Shame on them. :lol:
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Post by Rotorooter »

long green wrote:I bet more news stories mention LSU before they mention Tulane. Way more. Shame on them. :lol:
Maybe that's where he learned the bad behavior (LSU)? He was a saint while at Tulane, as far as we're concerned. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it).
Plan your work, work your plan.
DrHullabaloo
Navigator Level

Post by DrHullabaloo »

Humiliation on so many levels.

His family for their outburst burning bridges with TU

His wife going through all this drama and the gossip in small town Mississippi. Brutal.

Affairs aren't a fireable offense, unless he somehow paid or benefited the person which is what went sideways for Petrino in Arkansas. Or if it was unwanted advances which is a crime. People forget that schools are state organizations and therefore subject to greater compliance and sunshine records laws than private entities.

Just a random side note, but his wife Allison is a TU alum undergrad AND law school.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

I can't to read his family's tweets about it :roll:
Tulane Greenbackers

Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Post by Yankeewave »

i think we are letting the annoyance we feel with a couple of posters who really like AC and repeatedly post about him cloud our judgment. this is not a good thing for anyone, especially the families.
randymc
President's Circle

Post by randymc »

thanks for the perspective yankeewave
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

Yankeewave wrote:i think we are letting the annoyance we feel with a couple of posters who really like AC and repeatedly post about him cloud our judgment. this is not a good thing for anyone, especially the families.
Kinda what I was trying to say. But clearly some here are enjoying this a lot and don't really care, so...