Andy Cannizzaro reportedly to be fired Tuesday (moving)

Updates on your favorite former Tulane players & coaches & discuss their careers.
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Re: Andy Cannizzaro reportedly to be fired Tuesday (moving)

Post by PeteRasche »

Rotorooter wrote:We actually agree, though your comprehension skills need work.
Or your writing skills do, since I took it the same way ml did. :wink: :mrgreen:
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

murphwave wrote:Can members of their current team transfer without sitting out a season (due to coaching change hardship?)? If so, we could probably pick up a recruit or two. Also, it would mend some fences if we found an assistant role for Jake G (assuming he will be without a job at end of season). Maybe he will be happy being our assistant (vs. thinking he should be our head coach).

1309th WAVE
Regent's Circle

Post by 1309th WAVE »

murphwave wrote:Can members of their current team transfer without sitting out a season (due to coaching change hardship?)? If so, we could probably pick up a recruit or two. Also, it would mend some fences if we found an assistant role for Jake G (assuming he will be without a job at end of season). Maybe he will be happy being our assistant (vs. thinking he should be our head coach).
HEY Y'ALL I'M DACOACHO AN I APPROVA DIS POST
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

PeteRasche wrote:
Rotorooter wrote:We actually agree, though your comprehension skills need work.
Or your writing skills do, since I took it the same way ml did. :wink: :mrgreen:
:king:
paleoboy
Crest Level

Post by paleoboy »

It's the proverbial cautionary "tail."
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

To borrow that line from a former Tulane football assistant quote: p***y is (still) undefeated.
Tulane Greenbackers

"If you want to win you have to have good players." Vince Gibson
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

windywave wrote:I would really like it if she was involved with Mullens and UF fires him too
from the inside info I was handed this morning.. she's at Florida now... so smoke? fire?

all I can say is having read what I saw this morning.. if it's true.. it's incredibly tragic

The guy was obsessed... it was impacting job performance as in he wasn't doing his because he was texting or on the phone.. assistants were about to walk because of it.. some of the higher ups had hoped her leaving for Florida would end it... as was mentioned above, it made it worse as far as job performance was concerned.
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

Public info (message boards) says she won't be working at UF much longer. If she got up to anything with Mullen she'll get a hefty sum in return for an NDA.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

long green wrote:Public info (message boards) says she won't be working at UF much longer. If she got up to anything with Mullen she'll get a hefty sum in return for an NDA.
Mullen must go
Using big words is not a personal attack
#cousins don't count
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

TUPF wrote:
sr wrote:The bomb was dropped. The mushroom cloud is ever expanding and the fallout is trickling down. Besides AC the other party's family gets dragged into this. One can only hope it stops there and doesn't spread ...
Fallout of both the public relations and nuclear kind is insidious. If AC’s lawyer spouse is the least bit vindictive he is going to wind up in a one bedroom apartment doing uniform laundry/coaching for a DIII school until his purgatory is served. Of course he’ll pop up somewhere again in a few years but the next few might not be pretty.
I wouldn't imagine the pros would care much about this...that could be a landing spot. Not sure if being on the road scouting would be seen as a plus or minus family-wise.
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

Johnny Mac wrote:
windywave wrote:I would really like it if she was involved with Mullens and UF fires him too
from the inside info I was handed this morning.. she's at Florida now... so smoke? fire?

all I can say is having read what I saw this morning.. if it's true.. it's incredibly tragic

The guy was obsessed... it was impacting job performance as in he wasn't doing his because he was texting or on the phone.. assistants were about to walk because of it.. some of the higher ups had hoped her leaving for Florida would end it... as was mentioned above, it made it worse as far as job performance was concerned.
This is how I can justify his firing in my mind. If his actions were affecting his work, then that is more than enough reason to be fired.
Might explain the opening week sweep.
Tulane Greenbackers

SlidellWave
Coach Level

Post by SlidellWave »

waverider wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:

This is how I can justify his firing in my mind. If his actions were affecting his work, then that is more than enough reason to be fired.
One message board I read said that MSU was tracking him and his cell use, and it was pretty much anytime USM was up to bat.
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

SlidellWave wrote:
waverider wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:

One message board I read said that MSU was tracking him and his cell use, and it was pretty much anytime USM was up to bat.
The dude had it BAD.
Fan since 1974 living in Phelps seeing the upper bowl of Tulane Stadium
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

SlidellWave wrote:
waverider wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:

What, texting? So either doing this in the dugout (in view of cameras, coaches and half the team?) or he was leaving the dugout every inning? Not sure that passes the smell test.
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Post by ml wave »

waverider wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:

Wouldn't think that would be "for cause" though...
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

ml wave wrote:
waverider wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:

He lied to the AD about it
#cousins don't count
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

windywave wrote:
ml wave wrote:
waverider wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:

He lied to the AD about it
It’s always the lies. Did Nixon teach us nothing?! :wink:
visualmagic
President's Circle

Post by visualmagic »

SlidellWave wrote:
waverider wrote:
Johnny Mac wrote:

That sounds like BS
waverider
Cornerstone

Post by waverider »

visualmagic wrote:
SlidellWave wrote:
That sounds like BS
I agree. Not doubting Slidell read it, just the validity of the information.
Tulane Greenbackers

PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Post by PeteRasche »

waverider wrote:
visualmagic wrote:
SlidellWave wrote:
That sounds like BS
You mean internet message boards aren't 100% truthful and accurate?? :lol:

Meanwhile, I agree with this story, the lack of transparency, especially in this day and age, has been surprising.
http://www.wwl.com/blogs/seth-dunlap/se ... esignation
Rotorooter
President's Circle

Post by Rotorooter »

PeteRasche wrote:Meanwhile, I agree with this story, the lack of transparency, especially in this day and age, has been surprising.
Agreed. The speculation on what happened is worse than what the truth probably is, at least for MSU. AC needs to fend for himself. Looks like Moo U needs to get a better PR agency working for them.
Plan your work, work your plan.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

They don't want to nor should they comment due to the possible daresay probable upcoming litigation
#cousins don't count
TUPF
Emerald Circle

Post by TUPF »

Rotorooter wrote:
PeteRasche wrote:Meanwhile, I agree with this story, the lack of transparency, especially in this day and age, has been surprising.
Agreed. The speculation on what happened is worse than what the truth probably is, at least for MSU. AC needs to fend for himself. Looks like Moo U needs to get a better PR agency working for them.
One of the many adages I learned professionally: go ugly early. No bad news gets better with age.
windywave
Emerald Circle

Post by windywave »

TUPF wrote:
Rotorooter wrote:
One of the many adages I learned professionally: go ugly early. No bad news gets better with age.
I thought one went ugly at last call.
#cousins don't count
Johnny Mac
Emerald Circle

Post by Johnny Mac »

waverider wrote:
visualmagic wrote:
SlidellWave wrote:
That sounds like BS
the information I got that indicated they were monitoring him actually came from someone inside the Athletic Dept... so the message boards got it right
YOGWF - of all the Tulane fans in the world, we're the Tulaniest