Kansas picks up commitment from Easton 2019 quarterback.....

In memory of Wayne Picou, this forum is dedicated to all Green Wave recruiting and signing.
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Kansas picks up commitment from Easton 2019 quarterback.....

Post by GreenieBacker »

......Lance Legendre

http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ss ... t_fro.html

.....the top 2019 quarterback prospect in Louisiana. :shock:

thanks to Tony Hull. And this one might just stick since Hull coached at Easton. Or it might not. Still, recruiting for a dumpster fire like Kansas can't be easy.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
long green
Cornerstone

Re: Kansas picks up commitment from Easton 2019 quarterback.

Post by long green »

KU had four or five decommitments from LA players in the class just completed. They did sign at least 2 very good players. Legendre has gotten several much, much better offers already. I think he's making a dinner reservation while doing the old Easton coach a solid.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
GreenieBacker
Emerald Circle

Post by GreenieBacker »

I can't make up my mind about Hull. Is he a super star recruiter I wouldn't mind seeing at Tulane or is he the type to recruit academic risks and other dubious characters with promises he can't fulfill.
A magic dwells in each beginning- H.H.
long green
Cornerstone

Post by long green »

I wouldn't mind finding out. I think he's nearing the end of his KU reign of terror. Beaty has to win something tbis year. If Hull hits the streets with that staff someone will pick him up. I hope it's a much better program.
And may our enemies, if they exist, be unconscious of our purpose. - From The Lady Vanishes
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Post by gerryb323 »

long green wrote:I wouldn't mind finding out. I think he's nearing the end of his KU reign of terror. Beaty has to win something tbis year. If Hull hits the streets with that staff someone will pick him up. I hope it's a much better program.
Well it can't get worse!
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
TU23
President's Circle

Post by TU23 »

Hull is great at getting kids to say yes...Kansas' play on the field is much better at convincing them otherwise. If you look at the kids that Kansas actually got from LA (2 great players in Harris and Williams and a good one in Ryan Malbrough), two of them are in serious academic jeopardy and Malbrough is a low 3 star type player with 2 P-5 offers: Kansas and Kansas State. So his haul could end up being one borderline P-5 player and that's it.

I'd put the odds at Lance Legendre actually signing with Kansas at 20% and the odds that Tony Hull is still there at the end of this season at about 50%...it's only that high because the next staff might try to keep him on. He's making $400k a year at KU and it's not because of his on the field coaching. That is big money for a non-coordinator (even in the P-5) especially in Lawrence, Kansas. Other, more seasoned recruiters like Michael Smith at Arkansas, Terry Joseph at UNC, Corey Raymond at LSU...make around that same money. So, it's going to take a multi-year contract at $500k plus to get him to another school. That really limits your landing spots...especially for someone who hasn't been that successful getting his recruits on campus.
This one belongs to the Wave.
TU23
President's Circle

Post by TU23 »

Legendre is already wavering. He removed "Kansas commit" from his twitter bio and changed his photo that had him in a Kansas uniform. The Florida State offer may have had something to do with that.
This one belongs to the Wave.
charlamange8
Navigator Level

Post by charlamange8 »

We all know Legrande is not going to KU....unless its to play basketball. If some of his other P6 offers, especially the aforementioned FSU offer is commitable he will be a Seminole.
Charles
"Wisdom and the Sword"
1998 C-USA Champions
"Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay it's price." - Sun Tzu