Matt Forte

Updates on your favorite former Tulane players & coaches & discuss their careers.
Wavemania
President's Circle

Re: Matt Forte

Unread post by Wavemania »

There is a video by the New York Jets on Matt Forte annd his Slidell roots. Nice tribute
PCWave
Crest Level

Unread post by PCWave »

Do you have a link?
Harahan Wave
Yankeewave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by Yankeewave »

people in Chicago were really angry when we drafted Forte. they all wanted Chad Henne from Michigan. One of the news papers said it looked like Chicago was starting a law firm because our first round pick was an OT from Vandy (total bust, by the way)

Forte really should have gone to NE. I bet he'd still be playing there and would have been a perfect fit with his catching ability. he has no shot at the HOF, he was never even the "star" of the team. was always outshone by the guys on defense, then Cutler and others, which is a shame because he was the best player for many years. the bears also did him no favors because they tended to give the ball to other backs in goal like situations, they signed michael bush one year and used him in goal line. probably cost Matt 10-15 touchdowns over the course of his career. even though he was never the "star" of the team, you see lots and lots of Forte jerseys around and I never heard a bad word about him.
gerryb323
Regent's Circle

Unread post by gerryb323 »

So self-promotion was never his

Forte?

Yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaa
Wandering around somewhere in a matchup zone
ml wave
Emerald Circle

Unread post by ml wave »

windywave wrote:
ml wave wrote:
windywave wrote:
ml wave wrote:
windywave wrote:
ml wave wrote:
windywave wrote:HoFer no doubt.

He basically the Bears whole offense (not hyperbole) for a couple of seasons. Got a ton of yards behind crappy lines.
Lol
What are you laughing at, or just laughing maniacally because you're off your meds?
You weren't joking?
No. You're that ignorant?
If realizing that he won't make the HoF makes me ignorant, so be it. As far as the HoF goes, he is essentially a poor man's Ricky Watters...and Ricky Watters isn't getting in the HoF.
So ignorance it is. If you had watched him play you'd know the Bears would have been the Browns offense without him. He literally carried the offense with upwards of 70% of the offense going through him at times. Maybe I'm naive in thinking the voters would recognize this. For th record he deserves in more than Urlacher
I watched him play, thanks. If you were able to see past your own nose, you'd realize making your team not the Browns isn't exactly a qualifier for the HoF. It generally takes a little more than 2 Pro Bowls, 2 playoff games, and not leading the league in anything. And, btw, when I say "a little" I really mean a lot...because he's not close. I think Ricky Watters is a pretty good comparison as I mentioned earlier (both were versatile backs and piled up a lot of yards from scrimmage). But since you seem to think being a good player on bad teams gets you to the HoF, Archie Manning was also essentially an entire offense and made 2 Pro Bowls. Of course, he also made a first team All Pro, and was NFC player of the year...and still wasn't close to making the HoF (except genetically, I guess).
PeteRasche
Cornerstone

Unread post by PeteRasche »

PCWave wrote:Do you have a link?
It's on Facebook, look up the Jets page.
Fan Since '54
Regent's Circle

Unread post by Fan Since '54 »

? - Does Matt have eny eligibility left. Naw, I didn't think so. :roll:

'54
"...a hellava Hullabaloo"